• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Joey Barton is back at QPR today for the first day of training. I can already taste the catastrophe.

He'll deck Anton Ferdinand, gob in McClaren's Greek-style yogurt and shake up Loic Remy's can of Tango, just to speed up his move to another club.

Salazar

Interesting. My feelings are mixed. He can go but only if we get a good price (lol at £25 million). Alternatively, if he wants to redouble his efforts at the club under Moyes then so be it. He's a very good player after all.

Mmmmm.

Chelsea can fuck off. Gangster-run shithouse of a club.

Nice if we can string Arsenal along for a few weeks, though.

pulga

Banned
Real Madrid

#betterthanBenz

@FW, me and pulga were beasting earlier considering his lack of playing time and my counter-intuitive need for heals. We nearly came back from 3-1 down, 3vs4, until we both got smashed by a molotov even though we were about 8 yards apart when the bottle smashed. He's a natural at self-preservaton :p

Oh man that was mortifying. We nearly remuntated twice, I think! Good games, will be joining you guys constantly once I get back to Costa Rica.

We all talked shit about Marry when he came in under Delneri. Small time director, couldn't get us players like Dzeko etc. He's not perfect but his only bad signings have been Jorge Martinez at €12m, but even Tiago who flopped was in on a free.

Marry done good.

FootballFan

We all talked shit about Marry when he came in under Delneri. Small time director, couldn't get us players like Dzeko etc. He's not perfect but his only bad signings have been Jorge Martinez at €12m, but even Tiago who flopped was in on a free.

Marry done good.

Was Felipe Melo his signing? Was Felipe Melo a flop? I don't even know.

Was Felipe Melo his signing? Was Felipe Melo a flop? I don't even know.

Felipe Melo was a mixed flop, but he was an Alessio Secco signing. His last year was fairly decent, and we were all worried that we needed a DM to protect Pirlo, so a bunch of us lamented his move out from Juventus. Turns out we didn't need a DM proper, though. What has made Melo a bit of a thing with JuveGAF is the inability to sell the fucker. Marry just isn't good at selling players, I'm afraid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marca report that Perez has given up on Bale until next year. Hopefully the coming season will see us achieve our objectives and be able to step up a level. With the right signings I don't see any reason why we can't compete with the big boys in the PL. All we need to do us win those easy games consistently.

pappe

Marca report that Perez has given up on Bale until next year. Hopefully the coming season will see is achieve our objectives and be able to step up a level. With the right signings I don't see any reason why we can't compete with the big boys in the PL. All we need to do us win those easy games consistently.

Whats the point. Without Bale you guys are probably gonna get knocked out in the group stages of UCL next year. And most certainly Bale is not gonna stick around after this season.

Blablurn

Marca report that Perez has given up on Bale until next year. Hopefully the coming season will see us achieve our objectives and be able to step up a level. With the right signings I don't see any reason why we can't compete with the big boys in the PL. All we need to do us win those easy games consistently.

It's a shame we dont see Bale rocking the CL :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was Felipe Melo a flop? I don't even know.

220px-MikeTheHeadlessChicken.jpg

Clegg

Surprised at the non selection of O'Driscoll.This is the first time hes ever been dropped from the Lions test side. And hes been playing for them since 2001!

Wilbur

Banned
UK guys I need help please.

I'm staying here in Liverpool city center couple of days for vacation, I want to buy the official 2014 Liverpool shirt for me and also Manu shirt for a friend back home, Where are the best stores and prices near me?

Thank you.

Hey man, dunno if anyone helped, haven't read the whole thread. Stay clear of the official Liverpool shop haha! That's where it'll be at it's most expensive. The best thing to do is if there's a soccer world or a Sports Direct nearby - and I have no idea because I've never been, but it's a major city so I'm assuming so - because that's where you'll find it cheapest in person I think

pulga

Banned

Marry done good.

Remind me- who the fuck signed Krasic lol

Remind me- who the fuck signed Krasic lol

Marry. Best way to play this game is go to wikipedia page for each season and there is a list of transfers. Marotta took over in 2010/11.

Krasic also not a flop, good first year but incompatible with the teachings of Conte-san.

Edit: Opera tonight, but somebody please tweet me for any late breaking Jovetic signings....

Messi

Hey man, dunno if anyone helped, haven't read the whole thread. Stay clear of the official Liverpool shop haha! That's where it'll be at it's most expensive. The best thing to do is if there's a soccer world or a Sports Direct nearby - and I have no idea because I've never been, but it's a major city so I'm assuming so - because that's where you'll find it cheapest in person I think

Yup

pulga

Banned
lol, where should he play? Madrid?

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

I see Bla has "cunt mode" turned on for the day

Of course he wants to play for Madrid, like it or not, Barca and Madrid are where every footballer aspire to be.

bjaelke

This quote from Brendan:
“Certainly another attacking player will really benefit us, and probably another defender. We'll see how it develops over the course of the next few months.”
somehow became:
Liverpool have reportedly agreed a £25m fee with Shakhtar Donetsk for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
:lol

FootballFan

Stop hating on Marcelo you anal trout

Xmrvs.jpg

omg Wilbs I was trying to remember, I just couldn't find it. I'm talking about the pic you posted the other day.

It was like the "u wot m8" pics but it had a different guy saying this random crap. post it again pls thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom