• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone seen this First Dates series on Channel 4? It's great.

I thin kthe fact I've been watching so many relationship related shows lately my subconcious is telling me something...

Is that the one that advertised Sheridan Smith and Will Mellor?

If so I saw the first one with the lesbian date and the second one which was really good with Howard from Fresh Meat. I enjoyed it.

Wilbur

Banned
dc lol

0rtFIFk.png

Amazing

He keeps making Whatsapp posts that are basically the same as most of the posts in here.

I might leave the Whatsapp group, the updates are annoying and if I have acess to it, I also have access to Gaf.

@pulga, we don't play as a group anymore :(

@Brentan, my thread got to 2 pages at least, therefore its a success :D

I just mute the whatsapp group and look in there every once in a while. Not interested in the animal crossing stuff though.

And TLOU - this is a busy week for me, haven't played single or multi since Saturday! Busy weekend as well for both the Rhodes bros, having to pop over to Ireland on family emergency shit

Next week I will flank once more with you baby

FootballFan

If so I saw the first one with the lesbian date and the second one which was really good with Howard from Fresh Meat. I enjoyed it.

I need to get around to finishing fresh meat. Season 1 was pretty good.

Feorax

I love this. There's a picture of Martin Kelly on the Liverpool facebook. Here are the first comments:

I can't believe he's already 23.

With Glen Johnson getting on and having something of a rough end to last season, and Agger in desperate need of a right sided partner at centre back, this really could be the best opportunity he'll ever get to cement a place in the first XI.

Wilbur

Banned
La Liga may have some nice technical players like Bale says, but Bale's comments on the CL proves he has no idea what he's talking about lol. If anything it's far more cagey in Europe than domestically. Just because he bummed Maicon - who already had rigor mortis by that point - doesnt disprove that.

La Liga has the worst referees. The silly handball rule. The absolute financial disparity authorised by league officials. The least amount of surprise at the top. Fucking tiki taka.

Prem, Bundes and Serie A are all better. Maybe not in quality of 'play' (although that's assuming that you ignore Spain's shitty defending and just become an apostle of tippy tappy cockrot), but for all around entertainment, equality and diversity I much prefer the other three.

Wes

venison crêpe

No no no. This is a reality show. Channel 4 have set up a restaurant where all the meals are first dates. It is brilliant tele.

First Dates – a unique series about dating that offers you the chance to date some of the singletons you’ve seen on screen.

Every week First Dates will follow a range of couples going on a blind date. From the moment they first lay eyes on each other to their parting glance, we’ll be capturing every magic moment in their quest for a compatible match. We’re keeping everything crossed for love to blossom on camera, but if the spark’s not there in our discreetly rigged restaurant, some of our daters will be appealing to you, to date them.

Head to the Singles page to see who is available. If anyone takes your fancy, apply to date one of our boys or girls, and you could be appearing on the next episode of First Dates.

But don’t worry if no one catches your eye, you can still take part in the show. Fill in the First Dates application form and tell us a little bit about yourself."

It is surprisingly engrossing. Really do give it a shot. It seems to be doing rather well too:

A new TV show where viewers get to apply online to meet unlucky in love contestants has got off to a flying start after more than 1,000 men applied for a date with one girl.

Here's the first ep.

Jack cw

So why did Barca get Neymar and Madrid Isco?

Weren't City's moneybags behind him?

Probably because Isco preferred to stay in Spain and Neymar wanted to join Barca from the beginning...

City's, Paris and Chelseas monybags aren't that convincing anymore, because many of the top level players decide to go to clubs with reputation and a philosophy. Maybe that's the reason why you got tevez and llorente too ;)

Wilbur

Banned
Much better? Niiicceee.

Really like Howard, such a lost and odd character. The blonde girls accent. Hngg

Yeah Howard's great, and so is Vod and JP. I really wanna fuck Vod and the blonde one. Really think they'd love a bit of pasty white hairless dick. Come on. Babies please.

Simon from Inbetweeners can fuck off though. What a shit actor. It was alright in Inbetweeners because everyone was shit, but Fresh Meat actually has good actors so he stands out as being fucking terrible.

lol

Awesome.

@Wilbz, I tried muting the group for a week, but it started alerting me with the updates again after about an hour for some reason

You can actually set it so you don't receive any alerts unless you're in Whatsapp. Dunno what phone you have or whatever, someone else will be better at helping!

FootballFan

La Liga may have some nice technical players like Bale says, but Bale's comments on the CL proves he has no idea what he's talking about lol. If anything it's far more cagey in Europe than domestically. Just because he bummed Maicon - who already had rigor mortis by that point - doesnt disprove that.

La Liga has the worst referees. The silly handball rule. The absolute financial disparity authorised by league officials. The least amount of surprise at the top. Fucking tiki taka.

Prem, Bundes and Serie A are all better. Maybe not in quality of 'play' (although that's assuming that you ignore Spain's shitty defending and just become an apostle of tippy tappy cockrot), but for all around entertainment, equality and diversity I much prefer the other three.

Gab that to me mug m8 not online n see wot comes about

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh God. This guy is on a date with this amazing blonde lass and he calls the waiter a cunt for a joke. Her face is priceless.

What a fool.

Ronaldo - "Manchester United is still in my heart. In the future you never know, I'm enjoying myself in Spain. I really miss English football. Some of the best years of my career were in Manchester and everybody knows that".

Suck it plug. He's coming back.

FootballFan

Yeah Howard's great, and so is Vod and JP. I really wanna fuck Vod and the blonde one. Really think they'd love a bit of pasty white hairless dick. Come on. Babies please.

Simon from Inbetweeners can fuck off though. What a shit actor. It was alright in Inbetweeners because everyone was shit, but Fresh Meat actually has good actors so he stands out as being fucking terrible.

Rare moment where I agree with nearly everything you said. :eek:

Wilbur

Banned
Ronaldo - "Manchester United is still in my heart. In the future you never know, I'm enjoying myself in Spain. I really miss English football. Some of the best years of my career were in Manchester and everybody knows that".

Makes no sense. He'll be 30 by the time he comes back. He'll cost upwards of 50m on wages nearing 200k a week. He'll have to get past Zahallah.

My heart says hnnnnggghhhh, my brain says hmmmmmm

Rare moment where I agree with nearly everything you said. :eek:

Construction work on the bridge has started <3

We'll always have our mutual love of Busquets as well.

Wilbur

Banned
most active thread on gaf?

Apart from Hitcher's Harry Potter one.

Where have you been?? We need all United bros to stick together in the era of Moyes. Arnie's gonna be taking pots all year.

Where's that mad bastard Soi Fong?

Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Fergie, of Phelan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Moyes fails, when we forsake our season tickets and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of tiki taka and shattered defences, when the age of United comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good forum, I bid you stand, Men of the FROG

Hixx

5.jpg

Not as bad as I first thought. Why put a box around Bidvest tho. Black, bold lettering would have been fine.

pulga

Banned
I love how cocky the Bayerncunts have gotten, should make BVBs return to the top that much sweeter.

Probably because Isco preferred to stay in Spain and Neymar wanted to join Barca from the beginning...

City's, Paris and Chelseas monybags aren't that convincing anymore, because many of the top level players decide to go to clubs with reputation and a philosophy. Maybe that's the reason why you got tevez and llorente too ;)

So, you're agreeing with me? SMH

Viva pls

Maybe when he's old and broken.

Feorax

Jonjo having Swansea medical this afternoon. That escalated quickly.

Hope this means we're definitely keeping Hendeity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom