• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
I'd love for Rooney to stay, but I'm not entirely fussed if he does leave.
He really needs to get his head down and work on his game.

Slizz

I'd love for Rooney to stay, but I'm not entirely fussed if he does leave.
He really needs to get his head down and work on his game.

For a whole season for once. Thats what every United fans problem is. The seemingly guaranteed shit stretch of fitness.

jtb

Banned
More rambles of a mad man:

does he have a release clause?

I can see Higuain coming together before we jet off to Asia.

Our other signings, while important, can wait. A properly integrated striker of proven quality would do us the world of good.

It's quite strange.

Wenger will completely disregard a player (rightfully so in some cases), yet they still hang around years later. It wouldn't be such a problem if they were on realistic wages.

we need Higuain ASAP; hopefully he can gel with the team quickly, and we can hit the ground running this season. why oh why are we so shit at buying and selling players though... I feel like every deal takes two or more months to complete.

Clegg

I wonder if United will change their transfer policy now that Moyes is in charge.

Over the last few years we've tried to get new players in before the start of the pre season tour so they could start gelling with their new teammates. RVP was an exception because he's a world class player and worth the added time it took to sign him.

Would Moyes be willing to go right up to deadline day to get the player he wants?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't worry Marca already figure it out.

1372453545_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

As you can see there isn't anything wrong with the midfield 8- )
It'll be a 4321 or a 4222. Book it!

6, I think.

Correct

Hopefully that'll be just (lol) 5 league fixtures with a CC match early in the season.

Wonder what would have happened if we'd organised some FA-sanctioned friendlies. They banned Rooney for getting sent off in one, wonder if it would work the other way round.

Feorax

I'd actually be shocked if Suarez goes this window, mainly as no one is going to pay what we want for him.

Saw someone today compare his situation to Torres in 2010.

To be fair to Torres, he came back from winning the world cup to a team managed by Roy Hodgson, with Paul Konchesky playing left back. Bit of a difference...

dc89

Texting my dad talking about City stuff.

He's crucifying #BasedTxiki saying he's failed to land one single priority target and that he and Ferran came thinking Pep was on the way.

:( Even my dad, lifelong City fan of 51 years doesn't have faith in Txiki :(

He's crucifying #BasedTxiki saying he's failed to land one single priority target and that he and Ferran came thinking Pep was on the way.

Txiki is a joke tbf.

Why exactly did you hire him? Is it because he's good at his job, or because he used to be an important figure at Barcelona?

I wonder if United will change their transfer policy now that Moyes is in charge.

Over the last few years we've tried to get new players in before the start of the pre season tour so they could start gelling with their new teammates. RVP was an exception because he's a world class player and worth the added time it took to sign him.

Would Moyes be willing to go right up to deadline day to get the player he wants?

Dunno but if we don't sign somebody by the end of the week I might go crazy.

I don't know why, under Txiki Barça got top players like Chygrynskiy and Hleb among others.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think Popov said a couple of weeks that Kuban don't want to sell him.

Stop delivering me bad news Sviat!

Well, we're going to get an attacking midfielder before the window closes. We've already signed 6 players whilst some in here haven't even had one. I suppose I shouldn't be too greedy.

Ashes

Banned

To be honest, I doubt he knows what the fuck he is doing right now. The back room staff clearout, shouts more about 'bringing his mates over' than about doing what's best for the club.

It took Fergie long enough to get to grips with United. Moyes doesn't have that luxury. We're at the top of the EPL and can only go down. United have bid for Baines, but that a no brainer. They are also on the hunt for Ronaldo, which is another no brainer. Rooney is a problem he is laden with. I doubt he will force Rooney's hand, Moyes, to me, is the kind of manager, that likes to get players on side, and play the best they can for him, for the club.

If Rooney wants to go, Moyes isn't going to stop him. Worst thing he could do is let him sulk on the bench.

rodvik

Well, we're going to get an attacking midfielder before the window closes. We've already signed 6 players whilst some in here haven't even had one. I suppose I shouldn't be too greedy.

I would be happy enough if we didnt sign anyone else. We have addressed a lot of positions already.

TeegsD

How the hell did Portugal manage to lose to Ghana?! Well at least now BasedBru wont be able to score any more goals and inflate interest

You guys already signed one Bulgarian. Enough is enough :p

I think my dad has a more rounded view of City. You gotta remember, for 21 years of my life they sucked, my dad has saw them be successful more than me!

It was sarcasm, ;) I mean Chygrynskiy was the main clue...(although seems that Pep asked for that one).

Most Barça fans I know thinks that Txiki sucks, well he brought Pique I guess.

Have to say, City fans had fooled me Txixi knew what he was doing.

It's wonderful to read Barca fan after Barca fan reveal he doesn't know anything.

Salvadora

To be honest, I doubt he knows what the fuck he is doing right now. The back room staff clearout, shouts more about 'bringing his mates over' than about doing what's best for the club.

It took Fergie long enough to get to grips with United. Moyes doesn't have that luxury. We're at the top of the EPL and can only go down. United have bid for Baines, but that a no brainer. They are also on the hunt for Ronaldo, which is another no brainer. Rooney is a problem he is laden with. I doubt he will force Rooney's hand, Moyes, to me, is the kind of manager, that likes to get players on side, and play the best they can for him, for the club.

If Rooney wants to go, Moyes isn't going to stop him. Worst thing he could do is let him sulk on the bench.
Can't say I agree with that. It's the norm for new managers to bring over their staff when they join a club. Moyes is no different.

You've got a point about having to hit the ground running, though. The club is used to success and anything other than that will raise big questions about Moyes. Many people, including myself, were amazed with what Ferguson was about to do with that squad. Will Moyes be able to do the same? We'll have to wait and see.

Can the club even afford to slip behind?

Tobinishi

Whats happening?

Nothing special, at least Hafnarfjodur is 1-0 up :). Still a good game, both teams are really going for it. Some hard challenges, good chances on both sides and solid allround play. Not able to watch the Icelandic league often, but I'm always impressed with the quality of the league.

Cause it's his job to make those decisions lol

What exactly is his job anyway? Essentially DoF?

Reckon Pellegrini will want to keep him around? Can't have made a great first impression when he got back off his holidays to find Isco was selling his soul to Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom