• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

What exactly is his job anyway? Essentially DoF?

Reckon Pellegrini will want to keep him around? Can't have made a great first impression when he got back off his holidays to find Isco was selling his soul to Madrid.

Yes he is the DoF. Pellegrini has last say on transfers apparently though. Which I find interesting.

I get the impression they will trust Pellegrini more than they did Mancini. Mancini had to go through Marwood remember.

Yes he is the DoF. Pellegrini has last say on transfers apparently though. Which I find interesting.

I get the impression they will trust Pellegrini more than they did Mancini. Mancini had to go through Marwood remember.

It was that way at Liverpool, supposedly. You should go to bed praying to Henderson every night that it works better than it did for us.

A3lsJakCEAAz1c4.jpg:large

Arnie?

Walshy

Should have had a Transfer Committee™ set up instead.

Clegg

Indykaila is now texting himself and saying they're from his sources. Then he's putting the texts up on twitter to prove he's actually itk.

What a man.

Wilbur

Banned
Well since the season is only 10 days away time for my season predictions.

1) Anzhi
2) Spartak
3)CSKA
4)Zenit
5)Rubin
6)Lokomotiv
7)Kuban
8)Dinamo
9)Krasnodar
10)Terek
11)Rostov
12)Amkar
13)Tom
14)Krylia Sovetov
15)Volga
16)Ural

Hope I'm wrong, I like having us play in the CL :(

Spartak in second WHAT

Have faith you turkey

Hey man, I don't know about you, but I would love to here about Lathan Devers' adventures. He even has LIGHT VISION. So he can see THE LIGHT FIELD.

I don't understand what's going on at all in that post.

Its brilliant. At first I thought 'Lathan Devers? What a terrible character name.' and it spiralled on from there.

Zabojnik

Our meeting with Sampdoria for Gabbiadini and Zaza didn't end well and Milan signed Poli.

Marry you fucking TURKEY

It's the Tevez/Llorente signing, got to his head. He'll be back to his normal self in a few weeks. Just give it time, he'll be back to buying mediocre midfielders at 5M€ a pop soon enough.

Lucky for us, Balo (pen) will make sure we get the first place.

You should bet on it. As Llorente (of all people) reminded me yesterday, we haven't won 3 scudettos in a row since 1935. The chances of it happening next year are minimal.

Apparently Juve and Milan agreed that one would take Poli and the other Zaza. A gentlemen's agreement if you will.

And there's a rumour that we sold Matri. I'm hoping to Galliani :p
:(

We're never getting rid of Matri/Quaglia. The new Iaquintas. :/

Same here bro.

How many more youth players are we going to lose?

ie3DBbzFJh2Zs.gif

Speaking of youth players leaving United. Is this Michele Fornasier that signed for Samp any good?

Kenka

Many said that before me but...

Virtue's Last Reward is an outstanding game.
I am totally sucked into the scenario.

K1LLER7

So Bebe's coming back to United and going on the Pre-season tour?

This is his time!

Moysey, don't F this up like Fergie did. Loaning him out = #MoyesOut

Spartak in second WHAT

Have faith you turkey

I predicted them to win the league last season and they ended up firing their coach in November. It's working out pretty well for me so far :p

Seriously though Spartak are good at coming second. They've done it 7 times since they last won a title in 2001.

Ashes

Banned
Can't say I agree with that. It's the norm for new managers to bring over their staff when they join a club. Moyes is no different.

Can the club even afford to slip behind?

Now that you mention it, I guess it is the norm. But still kinda annoying.

As to whether the club can afford to slip behind, I honestly don't know.

On the one hand, nobody expects him do as well as Alex Ferguson, but the pressure to win is still there, no? It was there even when Man Utd were doing poorly under alex ferguson.

As to the squad, one can if they want take a very dim view. A championship winning squad this may be, but it is still kinda shit.

One and a half strikers, some half decent midfielders + carrick; and a young fragile goal keeper, with an injury prone defence.

^^^ the above is a very negative view though. We have the best striker in the league, probably fighting the crown for best gk and defence. We have kagawa who really needs to push on. And lots of young red blooded talent in zaha and welbeck (probably more as an all round player, he is a shite finisher though) amongst others.

Arnie

Two nuggets from Tony Barrett of the times before I squeeze into bed and crack the seams on my new book:

Liverpool will plough ahead with their move for Mkhitaryan despite Shakhtar asking for £25.5 million.

Blackburn Rovers have enquired about the availability of Jay Spearing (he's properly available, Robbie).

Salvadora

Now that you mention it, I guess it is the norm. But still kinda annoying.

As to whether the club can afford to slip behind, I honestly don't know.

On the one hand, nobody expects him do as well as Alex Ferguson, but the pressure to win is still there, no? It was there even when Man Utd were doing poorly under alex ferguson.

As to the squad, one can if they want take a very dim view. A championship winning squad this may be, but it is still kinda shit.

One and a half strikers, some half decent midfielders + carrick; and a young fragile goal keeper, with an injury prone defence.

^^^ the above is a very negative view though. We have the best striker in the league, probably fighting the crown for best gk and defence. We have kagawa who really needs to push on. And lots of young red blooded talent in zaha and welbeck (probably more as an all round player, he is a shite finisher though) amongst others.
At the end of the day who could perform as well as Ferguson, really. He's one in a million.

The line between success and failure is so very thin in football. I just think of the number of times you went behind this season, and I can't help wondering if Moyes could win those games.

dc89

It was that way at Liverpool, supposedly. You should go to bed praying to Henderson every night that it works better than it did for us.

When Kenny was manager?

Oh my. Those shorts. Naughty.

Should have had a Transfer Committee™ set up instead.

:lol

DsnnaTm.jpg

Footy-GAF I assume hates all of these?

Nike boots are rancid. They smell like a sewer after a few wears. Well, the old ones did, not sure about these because I'm an Adidas Predator man myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom