• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of youth players leaving United. Is this Michele Fornasier that signed for Samp any good?

Nah.

Hyped up: Januzaj, Powell
Good potential: Daehli, Pearson, maybe Perreira
Servicable in future: Cole, Lingard, Vermijl

I guess we can add in Varela and Henriquez who will both play in the reserves next season.

Moyes has a patchy record in using young players.

I worry for Henriquez and Januzaj.

Don't worry. If he doesn't utilize Januzaj, Fagie will go up to Moyes like so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67d7wHMk-8

Fry

Fry, Lou Reed on Yeezus - http://m.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/03/lou-reed-kanye-west-yeezus

The more I listen to it, the more I love it. Tracks 8 and 9 I always skip, can't even remember their names. Guilt Trip and Send It Up I think? Although I'm gonna listen to them now lol. But every other song is brilliant.

Have we signed Thiago and Baines and Fellaini and Ronaldo yet

Yep, I posted that in the Yeezus OT. Funny thing, I posted it yesterday and some dude posted it today like my post didn't exist.

Walshy

Fry, Lou Reed on Yeezus - http://m.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/03/lou-reed-kanye-west-yeezus

The more I listen to it, the more I love it. Tracks 8 and 9 I always skip, can't even remember their names. Guilt Trip and Send It Up I think? Although I'm gonna listen to them now lol. But every other song is brilliant.
I only skip On Sight and I am a God.

Guilt Trip is brilliant as is that review btw, although the Guardian comments are actually worse than Youtube comments :lol. Complete clusterfuck.

Wilbur

Banned
I only skip On Sight and I am a God.

Guilt Trip is brilliant as is that review btw, although the Guardian comments are actually worse than Youtube comments :lol. Complete clusterfuck.

I'm not sure why I skip the two I do, I'm just eager to get to Bound 2 I think. Gonna shove them on the speakers when I'm home and proper listen. On Sight is fucking brilliant, I love the opening.

Never read the Guardian comments. I used to try on their ten things we learned in the PL this week thing but it just descends into madness after 30 posts

Fry

I didn't enjoy Guilt Trip and Send It Up at first, but after multiple listenings I love GT.

Kanye's verse is dope.

I skip Guilt Trip and Send It Up too, and Hold My Liquor depending on my mood at the time. None of the tracks on it are in my top ten Kanye songs, but its still a solid album with no filler - that's one of the things I always appreciate about his work.

Edit: Full member, time to make many threads praising The Pentagod. Or should I just make a Pentagod OT?

Bo-Locks

I don't understand the Indykalia account and others like it. It must take a massive amount of time and energy to run something like that, but it's not even funny or clever, like Duncan Jenkins, it's just a relentless stream of bullshit. Where's the payoff? Maybe I'm missing the irony.

The only part of running that account that I imagine would be fun would be trolling journalists.

LTWheels

Mirror's running a story that Mkhitaryan can break his contract by paying £19.8m and that he is ready to break his contract to force a move to Liverpool. Liverpool is his first choice.

This sort of lines up with what Artur Petrosyan said about Liverpool not having to talk to Shakhtar...

Yen

Mirror's running a story that Mkhitaryan can break his contract by paying £19.8m and that he is ready to break his contract to force a move to Liverpool. Liverpool is his first choice.

This sort of lines up with what Artur Petrosyan said about Liverpool not having to talk to Shakhtar...
Oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh pentagod

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-bundesliga.jsp?bctid=2524708473001

Klopp is so fucking awesome. Laughs his ass off because Sky is broadcasting BVB arriving for preseason live on TV, "Zorc, can I talk about Aubameyang? No? Okay.". I love him.

I like to quote myself there:
You Liverpool guys are slow, you don't deserve Heinrich.

Donetsk's director of sports says:
- there is no $30m release clause BUT:
- Heinrich could break his contract and could be free by paying a $30m penalty to Donetsk
- Donetsk would sell at €30m if Heinrich "plays it fair"

I mean I get that Donetsk wants as much money as possible but they should agree to some €25m deal, especially after Heinrich is forcing a move by not appearing for training. I can't see anyone paying around €7m more than needed.

Meier

I'd imagine if City buy Negredo, it'll be at a rate less than whatever was quoted a few pages back. Navas ended up only being £14.9 million despite reports to the contrary initially. Ferna was cheaper too due to his paying a portion of the transfer fee. Negredo is definitely worth around £20m though so if it means the team pays a bit more because we missed other targets, so be it.

I'm sure his salary would be heavily incentivized too.

Slizz

United = Heat

Bring everyone back for next year and make one signing.

Baines.

EDIT: And one more signing halfway through the season.

United = Heat

Nope nope nope.

ibeNikfx8jJm3C.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
@andy_murray 15m
Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards

Andy is classy as hell.

L1NETT

Fuck Coventry have to play their home games at Northampton this year. Poor buggers.

30 odd miles away. Only a 7,600 seater too.

3Sixty

Fuck Coventry have to play their home games at Northampton this year. Poor buggers.

30 odd miles away. Only a 7,600 seater too.

Got a lot of sympathy for them.

SISU nearly bought us but ole Rupert Lowe told them to jog. Best thing he did as chairman.

We played them last game of our promotion season, we relegated them as we went up, fans were great, stayed the full 90, sung all game. During our pitch invasion our fans went over and clapped them. Also took a SISU OUT banner and carried it on the pitch.

Clegg

Tancredi never has any news of his own.

Its always from Sky Italia or one of the Italian newspapers.

Is he actually a journalist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom