• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
pokemon_x_y_3ds_xl.png

pokemon_x_y_gold_3ds_xl.png

Limited Edition 3DS XL (LL's) coming to Japan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhFVhE2aUY

A new 3 minute trailer including starter cries and more!

Get hype PokeBros. Get hype.
I've masturbated several times to those 3ds LL designs.

Barcelona convinced Thiago is days away from signing for United

An interesting point is raised. Thiago's mind has been made up because Fabregas has said he wants to stay. It was United's bid on Fabregas that caused him to publicly state he was staying. Clever United. #BasedWoodward

Is he an additional scout? United have very good scouts already. I mean are the Fergie lead United scouts still at the club.

I know Martin Ferguson has left so we've lost one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did he replace United's fitness staff too? Because that would be a HUGE mistake. They know how to handle a squad competing in three/four competitions unlike his Everton buddies.

Poli today, Honda soon. I like it.
As long as we get Honda this summer, that is.

Flamini: "I was expecting a different treatment." We're not big on goodbyes, almost everybody complains after their contract is up (Ambro, Flamini, Maldini just to name a few).
It's been done for weeks.

Milan-bros, there's NO WAY Galliani doesn't bring in at least one big(ish) name this summer, even if you sign Honda now.

There's no way Galliani bring in one big name this summer, you mean.

Berlusconi doesn't need votes now, no need to buy an important player.

--

My phone decided to self destruct itself yesterday, with no particular reason, and for a couple of weeks I'll be rocking my old N70. Fuckin' LG.

sohois

I wouldn't be too concerned about Moyes bringing in his own staff, even if the previous employees were doing well. Good managers will always have a good eye for people, whatever the industry. Moyes would not be were he is today if he were not able to hire good staff.

It reminds me of when Liverpool hired Rodgers; fans bemoaned how FSG threw out their plans to appease Rodgers, who insisted on his own system. The original plan being, of course, to bring in Txiki as Director of Football above Rodgers.

Razor554

(Old?) Brace yourself United gaf. Official Barcelona instagram account released "new" promo pic for next season kit and they have cut Thiago out from it.

1372921921838.jpg

1372920963604.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Barcelona throwing their toys out of the pram over Thiago just further shows what an absolute shit club they are.

There players may be trained by them but that doesn't mean they owe their careers to Barcelona and more specifically Barcelona's bench. Barcelona are the ones who refuse to lose the Xavi wankfest causing these gounger players to need to look elsewhere for playing time. Players aren't young forever. There is no room for Fabregas and Thiago in the same team that always wants to play Xavi, Iniesta and Biscuits in the biggest games that have Messi, Neymar, Sanchez, Pedro etc in the team as well.

David Villa wants out for this exact same reason. Barcelona are being fucking idiots, as normal. The players lack of trust in them is what caused the clause to be inserted in the first place, if he had complete confidence such a clause would not be required.

sohois

754628_Dream_Team.jpg

Worldsoccer had a vote for a 11 best players of all time

Also fucking lol for Sid Lowe to vote for Dani Alves in there.

The standard '4 defenders and basically 6 forwards' formation that always occurs in these 'greatest XI' teams. At best that formation would be a 4-2-4 with Zidane and Cruyff both playing as Attacking midfielders. I get that it's an aggregation of XI's selected by a bunch of different journos, but even looking at their selections most of them have just stuffed the lineups with attackers.

Have there been any actual attempts to name a functional best XI?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why on earth would John Ruddy join Chelsea? Terrible move for his career, they already have Cech's successor on the books, he'd be going there as a quota filler. Scott Sinclair should be a warning to every English player.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal are going to release Park Chu-Young? Arsenal are really going about clearing the dead wood in this transfer window.

Why on earth would John Ruddy join Chelsea? Terrible move for his career, they already have Cech's successor on the books, he'd be going there as a quota filler. Scott Sinclair should be a warning to every English player.
Is he actually going to go? Career suicide for him.

I don't disagree, we bid £5m (£3m cash plus add Ons) and we're going back with more. Cech usually has at least one injury or red card a season, I think that if we had a keeper who was actually decent back-up (turdbull was not decent back up) then he would be played more than just the opening cup rounds + when Cech can't play.

I'm not saying he'll play a lot, but I think he would certainly get more games than any other back-up in recent years.

Hilario getting new 1 year deal apparently as well

The standard '4 defenders and basically 6 forwards' formation that always occurs in these 'greatest XI' teams. At best that formation would be a 4-2-4 with Zidane and Cruyff both playing as Attacking midfielders. I get that it's an aggregation of XI's selected by a bunch of different journos, but even looking at their selections most of them have just stuffed the lineups with attackers.

Have there been any actual attempts to name a functional best XI?

No that would require actual thought and analysis.

Fady K

Oh snap. That picture is all I needed to know about Thiago leaving for sure. Congrats United GAF. You got yourselves one hell of a player.

Calm down. The deal is nowhere near done yet.

Anyway, worse case scenario is we get a very promising Lukaku as our main striker.

I was exaggerating Qin ;) Though I definitely expect PSG to take him if they will be paying the whole damn release clause fee.

Aye. I think the squad could be in decent shape with a couple of departures (Anderson gtfo), one or two returns to form (Valencia pls), and a little bit of top quality coming in.

Thiago is imminent as well, and that is an incredible addition. A starter, for sure.

Well Fady has made his stance very clear.

Unfortunately for me I will be on the losing end of this battle.

That's probably the dumbest tweet I ever saw. He's already signed.

Yeah, it is a dumb and useless tweet. He's a great player, bummed out that he left. Congrats.

Everyones favorite hater =D

Hey now, where did hater come from ;D?

More people really need to know that multiple hashtagging doesn't register.

I had no idea. Though that makes sense; people would help make trends by spamming hashtags on repeat otherwise.

Apparently he is very highly rated.

Fady K

Thiago is staying BarcaBros don't worry.

It's over FootballFan :'( Why else would they edit the photo like this :'(? Plus, almost every single tweet about him mentions Barca giving up on him and him being unveiled tomorrow. Barca messed up man. They had such a gifted player who needed to start replacing Xavi this season. Xavi can't handle the crazy fixture list anymore.

Kindly elaborate Kenka :0 Why oh no :0 Was he a player at your club?

FootballFan

It's over FootballFan :'( Why else would they edit the photo like this :'(? Plus, almost every single tweet about him mentions Barca giving up on him and him being unveiled tomorrow. Barca messed up man. They had such a gifted player who needed to start replacing Xavi this season. Xavi can't handle the crazy fixture list anymore

They edited because he looked ugly in it and to troll Moyes.

Tweets don't mean anything unless they are from the people responsible, not from Tancredi or whatever he is called. :lol

I wish Man Utd went after Cesc instead, but he insists on staying.

Anderson

@EPLStatman: FIFA Rankings (@FIFAcom)

1. Spain 2. Germany 3. Colombia 4. Argentina 5. Netherlands 6. Italy 7. Portugal 8. Croatia 9. Brazil 10. Belgium

Wow Colombia no 3, Falcao better than whole of Dutch team confirmed

Mancini also launched a scathing attack on City chief executive Ferran Soriano, suggesting the former Barcelona general manager became frustrated with the Italian's influence within the club and that the pair did not see eye-to-eye on football matters.

"Soriano? For him I was too big within the club," he added.

"A manager in full control, loved by the fans still today. He judged a person and a context without knowing nothing of the people he should have dealt with. I never thought of him as an interesting person from a football perspective, we never spoke the same language.

"And I'm not talking about Italian, Spanish or English. His past at Barcelona? I think he was coming from an airline. I've been in football since I was 13 and I had never heard anything about Soriano. He arrived in England with his manager role and I saw that he loves to speak, to get media exposure."

#basedSoriano

Fady K

They edited because he looked ugly in it and to troll Moyes.

Tweets don't mean anything unless they are from the people responsible, not from Tancredi or whatever he is called. :lol

I wish Man Utd went after Cesc instead, but he insists on staying.

That would be too good to be true bro :p They are not from tancredi only, apparently the English press is mentioning it. ESPN UK is one of them I believe.

FootballFan

That would be too good to be true bro :p They are not from tancredi only, apparently the English press is mentioning it. ESPN UK is one of them I believe.

Fady pls, they can say what they want, I'll believe it when ManU/Barca/Thiago announce it.

Also, what are your thoughts on Neymar the legend in the making?

Fady K

Fady pls, they can say what they want, I'll believe it when ManU/Barca/Thiago announce it.

Also, what are your thoughts on Neymar the legend in the making?

True, though with all the signs being negative thus far, I guess we should expect the worst (the worst will likely happen tomorrow). At least Barca will have a couple of months to find a replacement, should they care for having one.

As for Neymar, where do I begin? I thought he was all style and no substance a year ago, and now I am very happy to eat a hot dish of crow. Loved him in the confederations cup. Even in the games where "he was invisible" he provided a contribution to a crucial goal. Even though he can be greedy at times, I admire his enthusiasm. I am now more thankful than ever that Barca got him. At such a young age too, wow.

GorillaJu

Wait, so both Isco and Gotze, when they signed for their new clubs, which are sponsored by Adidas, were wearing big ass fucking NIKE logos?

God football players are such tools sometimes. Why do you have to walk in with a big brand name splooged out on your chest, anyway? Just be your own person.

Like Iago

ib1pOhSbJTowYm.jpg

Lean back.... lean back...

FootballFan

True, though with all the signs being negative thus far, I guess we should expect the worst (the worst will likely happen tomorrow). At least Barca will have a couple of months to find a replacement, should they care for having one.

As for Neymar, where do I begin? I thought he was all style and no substance a year ago, and now I am very happy to eat a hot dish of crow. Loved him in the confederations cup. Even in the games where "he was invisible" he provided a contribution to a crucial goal. Even though he can be greedy at times, I admire his enthusiasm. I am now more thankful than ever that Barca got him. At such a young age too, wow.

Yes!

You can see why some teams were offering 100m+ for him. With all the pressure and eyes on him after his big move, he carries the team and scores 4 great goals + 2 assists. The fact that he is 21 makes it that much better.

I really hope he fits in, just for football's sake I think it would be amazing to see Messi and Neymar in full flow working together.

Will suck if he doesn't fit in :( but I have a feeling he will. Ronaldinho 2.0 with hopefully more years of greatness :p

Carbonox

Wait, so both Isco and Gotze, when they signed for their new clubs, which are sponsored by Adidas, were wearing big ass fucking NIKE logos?

God football players are such tools sometimes. Why do you have to walk in with a big brand name splooged out on your chest, anyway? Just be your own person.

Like Iago

Don't those players have sponsorship deals with Nike? I know Gotze does at least. Though he gets paid to wear their shit, he probably shouldn't have done so in a Bayern conference where Adidas owns a percentage of the club (and everything is Adidas there). :lol

My assumption is that outside of your football boots and being away from official club business (so just out in the town or whatever), you gotta wear the club's sponsors and stuff? I dunno how this shit works.

GorillaJu

Yes!

You can see why some teams were offering 100m+ for him. With all the pressure and eyes on him after his big move, he carries the team and scores 4 great goals + 2 assists. The fact that he is 21 makes it that much better.

I really hope he fits in, just for football's sake I think it would be amazing to see Messi and Neymar in full flow working together.

Will suck if he doesn't fit in :( but I have a feeling he will. Ronaldinho 2.0 with hopefully more years of greatness :p

Who, exactly, was offering 100m+ for him?

Don't those players have sponsorship deals with Nike? I know Gotze does at least. Though he gets paid to wear their shit, he probably shouldn't have done so in a Bayern conference where Adidas owns a percentage of the club (and everything is Adidas there). :lol

I think they must wear Nike stuff for public events but not when it's some club event. Then they must wear the club's stuff (here Adidas). Nike, Götze and his agent knew exactly what they were doing, I'd think the same works for Isco.

Like Iago

[IMG']http://i.minus.com/ib1pOhSbJTowYm.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know mang, if I was a footballer I would milk the cash cow as hard as I could too, especially with the crazy sponsorships they give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom