• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

£84 to get a Bayern shirt with Gotze on the back from the Bayern store. :lol wot

Even on sites like Sports Direct, shirts are getting more and more expensive. So sad. I remember when £30 or less bags you a brand new shirt.

GorillaJu

£84 to get a Bayern shirt with Gotze on the back from the Bayern store. :lol wot

Even on sites like Sports Direct, shirts are getting more and more expensive. So sad. I remember when £30 or less bags you a brand new shirt.

That's still about 35% cheaper than Japanese pricing. :(

Fady K

Is it safe to follow Thiago now?

He's all yours now man :]

Yes!

You can see why some teams were offering 100m+ for him. With all the pressure and eyes on him after his big move, he carries the team and scores 4 great goals + 2 assists. The fact that he is 21 makes it that much better.

I really hope he fits in, just for football's sake I think it would be amazing to see Messi and Neymar in full flow working together.

Will suck if he doesn't fit in :( but I have a feeling he will. Ronaldinho 2.0 with hopefully more years of greatness :p

I don't know about the prices offered for him but the fact that there were clubs willing to offer more than Barca's already huge offer speaks volumes. Doing all that at such an age is beautiful. I expect him to fit in nicely actually. Just seeing him play alongside Messi is the realization of a football dream I previously did not have. Can't wait for next season!

Happy Independence Day, Americans!

Cheesiest speech ever lol:
"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Arjen

Went to Sjaak Swart his 75th birthday game yesterday. A bunch of legendary Ajax players played a match. So is saw Johan Cruijf playing with Wesley Sneijder, pretty awesome.

Arnie

Shuttling round London in a taxi picking up naughty gear for the Kellogs account.

Day 2 of the job's off to a flyer.

LeBoef

That's mad.

I really want a Gotze Bayern shirt but there has to be cheaper ways to acquiring said shirt (barring the fake ones).

try to buy it in germany, online.
jerseys with names on it are about EUR 85
i assume you re in the uk, so there wont be any problems with customs.

btw, i stopped buying new jerseys. i am waiting for the end of the season and checking nike and adidas sales. havent paid more than EUR 35-40 for years now.
except the milan authentic jersey which came in a case and was sold for 75 instead of 170 o_O

GorillaJu

They did bro's. Sorry to inform you.

When a girl tells you how many guys she's slept with, you should take that number and divide it by half, at least to get the real number. Same thing goes with rumored transfer fees and deals, or when Real Madrid brags about how many people supposedly watched their match in China, or Man Utd. talking about how many fans they have :p

Hannover coach Slomka jokingly told his assistant coach to learn French so he can speak with their new signing Sane. The assistant took lots of private lessons and speaks with Sane just fine now. Slomka was amazed.

Hahaha, that's just awesome :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When a girl tells you how many guys she's slept with, you should take that number and divide it by half, at least to get the real number. Same thing goes with rumored transfer fees and deals, or when Real Madrid brags about how many people supposedly watched their match in China, or Man Utd. talking about how many fans they have :p

He's mixing 'transfer fee' with the 'total cost' over the period of his contract.

Madrid probably offered 40 or 50 million.

Tegris

New third kit finally confirmed:

BOUeAqiCEAAICJZ.jpg

BOUfCALCcAA1Y-z.jpg

Those zebra socks are woeful.

FootballFan

He's mixing 'transfer fee' with the 'total cost' over the period of his contract.

Madrid probably offered 40 or 50 million.

Okay, maybe you are right, but it would still have to be more than 60m.

How else, as Perez himself said, would he have cost them 150m+ euros?

pappe

Lol, if Madrid were offering 100mn, you would have to be a fool to think that Santos, Neymar Sr. and other companies owning them would reject that offer.

They would have hog tied Neymar. Put dirty underwear in his mouth and carried him to Madrid on their shoulders.

Lol, if Madrid were offering 100mn, you would have to be a fool to think that Santos, Neymar Sr. and other companies owning them would reject that offer.

They would have hog tied Neymar. Put dirty underwear in his mouth and carried him to Madrid on their shoulders.

Not to mention : What sense would it make by Madrid to offer that much more? :lol

L1NETT

It looks Liverpool had three kits they just decided to mash into one.

It's worse than the Newcastle decking kit from a few years back .

A reminder

Ryan Giggs appointed as a player-coach at Manchester United with immediate effect …

From @guardian_sport. Soz if older than giggs himself, good decision if you ask me

Arnie

That third kit is class, buying the socks at least. Warrior on a fucking mad one, I love it.

And Giggs...

looooooool

I never doubted it. He loves being in Munich. Personally, I couldn't be happier about it. Pizza is still absolute class and always good for goals.

Let's not forget he's earning a shit load of money. I doubt he could earn that much anywhere else (okay, maybe in Qatar or something)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I realise that, but at 40m with a 4 year contract you are saying they would have been paying him 25m a year? :lol

No.

Barca paid €72m. (transfer fee)

32m going to the Peixe to then be split with the two investment funds that also part-owned the player. then a further €40m signing on fee is apparently due to the player and his father, who have already received €10m as part of a pre-contract agreement signed last summer

+ Madrid had to pay a fee to break Barca's pre-contract agreement.

+ his wages

So in the end, they decided against it.

I realise that, but at 40m with a 4 year contract you are saying they would have been paying him 25m a year? :lol

Well according to the guardian the Barca deal also ended up being +100 mil.

Neymar's contractual situation was complex, with a number of interested parties involved: the DIS investment group held 40% of his economic rights while another group, TEISA, held 5% and Santos 55%.

But Santos held 100% of his registration. In the end, Barcelona reportedly agreed to pay Santos and those partners around €28m, plus a further €30m to the player and close to €9m in agents' fees. A down payment of €10m had already been made in January 2011. Neymar will sign a five-year contract on a salary of €7m a season. In total, that means the package is worth more than €100m.

Fady K

The fuck? What did he do?

He pushed a referee as if by accident after he was harsh on them in one league match as far as I know. The original ban handed to him was for 10 months, but when PSG failed with a bid to reduce it, the football association in France added another 3 months. Is it worthy of such a lengthy punishment?? I think even 10 months is pushing it.

FootballFan

So giggs as player-coach and Phil Neville as first team coach.

Not to be insensitive to the ref but that is FAR too harsh IMO. What do you think Wooden?

Not FAR too harsh imo. Wtf is he doing? A grown man shouldering a referee into a wall? wtf.

6 months would have been fine imo.

Fady K

So we can finally put to bed one of the biggest rumors of the summer that Gareth Bale will remain a Tottenham player this summer since Madrid supposedly cooled their interest - for now at least.

Gambit

Let's not forget he's earning a shit load of money. I doubt he could earn that much anywhere else (okay, maybe in Qatar or something)

of course. He likes the club, the money and LOVES the city. Even when he played for Bremen (the second time round), he still flew to Munich (sometimes immediately after games) to go partying.

I actually saw him a couple times (in Munich and elsewhere). Last time round was at a Polo game here in the Chiemsee area. But he was surrounded by his South American posse so I didn't want to approach.

Fady K

Not FAR too harsh imo. Wtf is he doing? A grown man shouldering a referee into a wall? wtf.

6 months would have been fine imo.

True, it is very childish and irresponsible for any senior to do, let alone a sporting director at such a prestigious club. 6 months would have been a lot more acceptable IMO.

On the topic of PSG, they confirmed that they will not be handing over Thiago Silva to Barca, or anyone for that matter, until his contract ends supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom