• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay you guys win. I'm sorry.

build a bridge with pulga

Accept Him, your LORD pulga and He shall set you free. Go forth, my son and spread His androgynous teachings to all. For the LORD pulga loved the world so much, He graced His image upon all things.

(Old?) Brace yourself United gaf. Official Barcelona instagram account released "new" promo pic for next season kit and they have cut Thiago out from it.

1372921921838.jpg

1372920963604.jpg

:D

Hopefully the Moyes press conference isn't as disappointing as Iwata's E3 presentation.

FootballFan

True, it is very childish and irresponsible for any senior to do, let alone a sporting director at such a prestigious club. 6 months would have been a lot more acceptable IMO.

On the topic of PSG, they confirmed that they will not be handing over Thiago Silva to Barca, or anyone for that matter, until his contract ends supposedly.

Your Chelsea players for example yelled at Ovrebo in the most heated match in ages. In a CL semi.

So in comparison, that is crazy lol.

FootballFan

build a bridge with pulga

Accept Him, your LORD pulga and He shall set you free. Go forth, my son and spread His androgynous teachings to all. For the LORD pulga loved the world so much, He graced His image upon all things.

I have no problem with Juve-Pulga. We are GameOfThrones and Pokemon X/Y bros.

@Milanello said:
La Repubblica estimates that Milan will generate €7m more per year in merchandising if they sign Keisuke Honda.
It seems a lot for just one player, however if that actually happens it'd be great. We'd actually get money from Honda, considering that his salary would be around €2.5m per year.
http://abload.de/img/leoanailsw2.gif[IMG]

[url]http://youtu.be/9J-SaZEPHe8[/url]

That is it. :lol

He appealed his first ban and was now awarded a even bigger one.[/QUOTE]
A bit harsh imo.

But it's Leonardo, so it's fine.

Fady K

That's all? You've got to be kidding me.

That was literally it bro...

13 months for that??? lol

I know right??

Your Chelsea players for example yelled at Ovrebo in the most heated match in ages. In a CL semi.

So in comparison, that is crazy lol.

I was not around to see that incident at the time, my true footylife began a year and a half after that incident :p

But yeah, relatively speaking, this is hyperbolic!

FootballFan

I was not around to see that incident at the time, my true footylife began a year and a half after that incident :p

But yeah, relatively speaking, this is hyperbolic!

Lucky you, it was a crazy moment. Ref made some terrible decisions, Abidal got sent off for an Anelka dive, Ballack hand ball inside his own box, and Henry penalty denied in the first leg.

Luckily football justice happened when Andres did his thing in the last seconds. What a moment.

Fady K

For my Chelsea bros over here, some Van Ginkel info:

*He is a dutch midfielder
*The fee is reportedly 8 million pounds
*The deal is to be completed fully after a medical, personal terms are agreed and the usual legal documentation
*He is 20 years old
*Comes from the dutch club Vitesse Arnhem
*Helped his side reach their highest league position in their history (4th place)
*In 41 games, he scored 12 goals and assisted 12 as well
*He's quite tall 6''1
*Was named Holland's most talented player in the U21 Euro cup
*He is expected to come to Chelsea as a player who will feature for the main team in the very first season. Apparently Mourinho had his eyes on him for a while.

Fady K

Refs needs to be able to handle players, also outrun them.

reeefoxsoc.gif

ref2mis16.gif

Oh my that first GIF is awesome. What a badass ref hahahahh!

Lucky you, it was a crazy moment. Ref made some terrible decisions, Abidal got sent off for an Anelka dive, Ballack hand ball inside his own box, and Henry penalty denied in the first leg.

Luckily football justice happened when Andres did his thing in the last seconds. What a moment.

Haha! I heard that Chelsea were also denied 3-4 definite penalties :p It would have been heartbreaking to witness such a match between my two beloved clubs.

bjaelke

New third kit finally confirmed:

Those zebra socks are woeful.
They know it's terrible, so they're trying to lure people with a free number and name print.

Sweet jesus I hope we never clash kits with another team and the third option becomes redundant.

We were shown that shit from one camera angle where you couldn't see if he caught him with his feet and then Abidal admitted to having fouled him, direct quote from post match interview :

"If I let Nico run towards goal then he scores the second one and it is over, so we can say it is a good foul. I sacrificed myself. It is always disappointing to reach the final without being able to feature."

FootballFan

We were shown that shit from one camera angle where you couldn't see if he caught him with his feet and then Abidal admitted to having fouled him, direct quote from post match interview :

"If I let Nico run towards goal then he scores the second one and it is over, so we can say it is a good foul. I sacrificed myself. It is always disappointing to reach the final without being able to feature."

Yeah, Abidal is a nice guy, as if he'd come out and say his countryman Anelka dived.

qindarka

Banned
Damn it FootballFan, must you not only bring up that match but pretend that Barca were hard done by. I know that you are trolling, but seriously, no one was provoking you. You went on to win the CL that season, isn't that enough without resorting to this bullshit.

Anyway, a shit Chelsea side managed to dump you out last year despite Fabregas diving for a penalty.

FootballFan

Oh you. At least I know you're just trolling with the pure stupidity of the first post, football justice lol

:lol

Tbf, Abidal and Anelka are good friends I think. Muslim-bros, their wives sit together at matches and they're team mates. I doubt he would have said "he dived" even if he did.

Damn it FootballFan, must you not only bring up that match but pretend that Barca were hard done by. I know that you are trolling, but seriously, no one was provoking you. You went on to win the CL that season, isn't that enough without resorting to this bullshit.

Anyway, a shit Chelsea side managed to dump you out last year despite Fabregas diving for a penalty.

Hey man you got your revenge.

Zabojnik

He pushed a referee as if by accident after he was harsh on them in one league match as far as I know. The original ban handed to him was for 10 months, but when PSG failed with a bid to reduce it, the football association in France added another 3 months. Is it worthy of such a lengthy punishment?? I think even 10 months is pushing it.

It's Leonardo, the false gentleman, the managerial mercenary, the cunt. Should've given him a lifetime ban. Still, good job, FA of France.

FootballFan

^ Thanks! That's really good to hear, I really like it already. Larry is amazing. I won't click that vid Wooden, I'll wait til I'm there. :p

Agreed. Krazee Eyez Killah, yo.

I was going to mention Crazee Eyes Killah but thought maybe some wouldn't know lol. He was awesome.

"This is the floor...yee...made of floor shit"

faridmon

Norway is ahead of Danmark and Sweden in the Fifa ranking which makes it the best Nordic country for the first time.

This is the start for something big.

D_prOdigy

officially on the Thiago train

he's gonna waltz out from behind a curtain at the end of Moyes's presser tomorrow

gonna be better than Zelda E3 2004

"And before you leave..."

journalists reduced to tears

Norway is ahead of Danmark and Sweden in the Fifa ranking which makes it the best Nordic country for the first time.

This is the start for something big.

Yes being ahead of Denmark and Sweden is quite an accomplishment, you're heading for world cup victory at this rate.

Besiktas want Adebayor.

Beşiktaş have made an offer for Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor according to board member Ahmet Kavalcı.

"We are definitely interested in him Adebayor and have made an offer," Kavalcı said.

"Adebayor currently wants more than what he were hoping however, talks are ongoing however, we hope to complete the transfer as soon as possible."

K1LLER7

So Phil Neville's at Carrington and Barca cut out Thiago from their promo kit. Even sky are now reporting about Thiago being announced tomorrow. United cut Park from the promo pics last season and then he left.

Good signs but Woodward can still mess this up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Besiktas want Adebayor.

Can they afford him? His wage demands will be huge for them. Personally I don't want to sell him unless we bring in both Villa and a Benteke/Soldado type. If we get stuck with just Defoe and one other striker I'm going to kill myself.

We'd probably be able to get £10m for JD so we should be shopping him around first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom