• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh I forgot about Villa. He would be great but bringing in him and one of Benteke/Soldado wouldn't be the best move if 4-3-3 is the plan and they aren't starting. Would be better to bring in someone younger who wouldn't expect to start every game but can still do a job.

Fiorentina home is always one of my favourite shirts.

Can they afford him? His wage demands will be huge for them. Personally I don't want to sell him unless we bring in both Villa and a Benteke/Soldado type. If we get stuck with just Defoe and one other striker I'm going to kill myself.

We'd probably be able to get £10m for JD so we should be shopping him around first.

Probably not. But 15% tax should make bridging the gap easier. I'm sure they know we need more than one striker. Villa is not going to be playing for much longer. Apparently that Croatian lad Rebic has been playing well at the U20 WC. Hopefully our manager knows who he is now.

faridmon

German-Gaf: Will it be possible to learn German with in a year if I take evening classes? I am planning to study my Master in Berlin next academic year, and in Architecture, they require international students to have level B1 fluency to get accepted into their programs.

Pachimari

We have DiMaria and Ozil, but seems we need Isco before a right winger or another midfielder.

And it's fucking Isco...

Mou, we already miss you.

We won't buy a right winger, and Gareth Bale is 100% out of the question for this summer.

Isco will compete with Özil, Kaká and Di María for starting spots. All we'll add is a midfielder and only MAYBE an attacker.

I think this will likely be our squad for next season:

#01 Iker Casillas
#02 Raphael Varane
#03 Pepe
#04 Sergio Ramos
#06 Sami Khedira
#07 Cristiano Ronaldo
#08 Ricardo Kaká
#09 Karim Benzema
#10 Mesut Ózil
#12 Marcelo
#13 Diego Lopez
#14 Xabi Alonso
#17 Alvaro Arbeloa
#18 Raúl Albiol
#19 Luka Modric
#22 Angel Di María
#23 Isco

IN
Carvajal
Morata
Nacho
Jese
Casemiro
Midfielder

OUT
Coentrao
Higuaín
Callejón
Adán

German-Gaf: Will it be possible to learn German with in a year if I take evening classes? I am planning to study my Master in Berlin next academic year, and in Architecture, they require international students to have level B1 fluency to get accepted into their programs.

I'd say it's possible but would also take a lot of your free time and motivation. It surely won't be easy.

Fady K

It will be Thiago. I'm guessing by player they meant a new one.

Damn it FootballFan, must you not only bring up that match but pretend that Barca were hard done by. I know that you are trolling, but seriously, no one was provoking you. You went on to win the CL that season, isn't that enough without resorting to this bullshit.

Anyway, a shit Chelsea side managed to dump you out last year despite Fabregas diving for a penalty.

I loved the Chelsea side that won the CL league, a lot of crap players but some awesome ones too bro ;D

It's Leonardo, the false gentleman, the managerial mercenary, the cunt. Should've given him a lifetime ban. Still, good job, FA of France.

I don't know much about Leonardo myself, though I do know he coached inter, is that why he is disliked by you folks :p?

:lol

It's obv. not a new signing.

The club would never throw something like that out there. It's going to be Giggs or another senior player, possibly Ferdinand or Vidic.

Edit - Ah, it's confirmed as Vidic.

faridmon

I'd say it's possible but would also take a lot of your free time and motivation. It surely won't be easy.

I am taking a gap year, so plenty of time is something I will have. Motivation could be given by the classes, my only worry is that, 1 day a week to learn such language will not provide any improvement above base level, but I am hoping to have some regular classes going.

Mastadon

Banned

If Pep can do it, I have every confidence that you can too!

Faird, I highly recommend www.duolingo.com to suppliment your classes. It's great.

GorillaJu

John Thompson, editor of Liverpool Echo on Mkhitaryan: "They want him, player wants LFC. They are prepared to pay £20m or more. Club is very ambitious and very keen to sign Mkhitaryan."

Update for the 'pool fans among us.

Yen

Kanye redeemed.
"@kanyewest: I saw a pre-screening of Pacific Rim yesterday and it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time."
"@kanyewest: This is not another "Robot" movie. Guillermo del Toro is a master."

Reading back on the day Van Persie signed, a lot of people thought £24m was too much. How do you feel now?

It had to pay-off big time.

It did - so I guess that's fair. But say he has a quiet season/gets injured next term...it would start to look expensive once again.

GorillaJu

Reading back on the day Van Persie signed, a lot of people thought £24m was too much. How do you feel now?

If you put yourself in the shoes of a United fan one year ago, you'd have thought Nani and Valencia would have been more useful, and you may not expect Rooney to spend so much time injured. You'd also look at Manchester City and be forgiven if you thought they were going to have another monster season, while the poor form United had at the end of last season would point to a rough start. Attacking options, especially having bought Kagawa, didn't seem to be an immediate need.

Many United fans rightfully wanted a more long term solution to a more pressing problem - midfield, in particular. Van Persie wasn't that, and in fact seemed surplus to requirements. On those grounds, yes 24m still seems like a very big fee.

But on the day he signed, no one could have known for certain that RVP would make it through the entire season with no significant injuries, and would fit into the team so well.

Of course if you said "He's going to be the PL's top goalscorer this year and be the difference between points 3 points or 1 on multiple occasions. But, he's also almost 30 years old. 24m," then people would bite your hand off. 24m for guaranteed title is a good price :p

I personally thought it was too much, but lucky for all you Utd cunts I'm nowhere near the Utd boardroom :p

Fady K

Chelsea's new player Van Ginkel looks like so many players.

Jordan Henderson.

0,,10268~12048836,00.jpg

Joey Barton.

Van-Ginkel..jpg

Mario Goetze.

_68504440_van_ginkel5_getty.jpg

Oscar.

van-gin-p.jpg

Steven Gerrard.

Marco-van-Ginkel.jpg

Walshy

Kone is hitting 30 soon. He's had one decent season and would probably cost £5m and be on a decent wage. I have no idea why so many clubs are after him. Newcastle could spend that money alot better elsewhere but then again Joe Kinear is in charge now.

Wigan have some decent players. Wonder where McCarthy and Mcmanaman will end up.

Yen

Good luck in your endeavours, mien lütten Schietbüddel

Labadal

I got some shocking news today. I could not believe my ears when I heard it. My cousin has 4 tickets to the Dortmund - Bayern Munich Bundesliga game. That's some crazy shit. He also wants to go watch Hamburg while we are in Germany since he's been a Hamburger (lol?) all his life.

My body is tingling with joy. We also have plans to see at least one Liverpool game this season.

I am taking a gap year, so plenty of time is something I will have. Motivation could be given by the classes, my only worry is that, 1 day a week to learn such language will not provide any improvement above base level, but I am hoping to have some regular classes going.

Well, I have no idea how German is taught at your school, so one day a week could indeed be not enough. But I'd imagine a big part of learning German is memorizing all the verb forms and stuff, so it could be that a big part of those evening classes is up to your own anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom