• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp on BVB starting preseason so late:
"We wanted to wait until Mats Hummels fancies football again and that takes five weeks."

lol

Watzke on transfers:
"Everything is possible, nothing is done yet."

Start muppet mode!

I'm betting it's Rooney. It will be how both have them have talked about their issues and find that they both have a lot in common. Rooney is now engaged to Moyes and will get married at the start of the Premier League season.

That will end the press conference by making out sloppily while the press watches in horror.

Facism

man fuck how is Cardozo even possible when we're out of Europe for 3 years? I know he's eager to get out of Chokefica, but come on there are better footballing options than Fenerbahce.

Walshy

Assou Ekotto keeps up his reputation of being the best tweeter in football.

Someone posted this to him:
daniel stevenson ‏@danny1512boy 2 Jul
@AssouEkotto your started at the bottom...and your still are #arsenal4ever #buyahairbrush #yourshit
and he replies with this a day later.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto 10h
@danny1512boy no comment... LOL pic.twitter.com/PRTw9NuF6M
Hide photo Reply Retweet Favorite More
BOSx95MCYAEhrAC.jpg
:lol.

Mastadon

Banned
Lloyd Jones signs professional contract

Sky Sports News said:
Highly-rated Liverpool starlet Lloyd Jones has signed his first professional contract at Anfield.

The towering central defender, who joined the club from Plymouth in 2011, is regarded as one of the brightest young prospects at Liverpool.

The 17-year-old was a regular in the NextGen team and the Under 21s last season and he was also named on the bench for a Premier League game against Fulham at the back end of last season.

Jones is tipped to become a regular in Brendan Rodgers' side in the next few seasons and the club have moved to secure him on a professional deal.

Wales youth international was delighted to sign the new deal writing on Twitter: "Great feeling to sign a Professional contract with Liverpool today."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ekotto is my dream signing.

Sky: Juventus and Sampdoria have reached an agreement for Gabbiadini. Sampdoria will pay Juve €2m + Zaza.

So we bought Atalanta's half of Gabbiadini and sold it to Sampdoria; because the cunts don't want to deal with each other.

Good job, Marry. Now stop fucking around with the kids and buy us Diamanti.

Batigol

Banned
Kone is hitting 30 soon. He's had one decent season and would probably cost £5m and be on a decent wage. I have no idea why so many clubs are after him. Newcastle could spend that money alot better elsewhere but then again Joe Kinear is in charge now.

Wigan have some decent players. Wonder where McCarthy and Mcmanaman will end up.

Not even sure you can call it decent. 11 in 38. I don't get it either

Fady K

I love seeing UnitedGAF in this state of flux!

A new signing! SURELY!! :lol

Thiago is coming bro, we all know it.

They will very likely sign another high profile player in the summer or two.

My guess = three big new players. Thiago, possibly Strootman (sp?) and one more.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wait what? Gomez' move to Fiorentina has failed? Too expensive for Fiorentina?

>

Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade has claimed that the club will not break the bank to sign Mario Gomez.

Reports in the Italian Press earlier on Thursday claimed that the German club were holding out for an offer of €20m for the striker.

However, the club's transfer guru has insisted that is too much for the forward, whilst also commenting on Stevan Jovetic's future.

“Mario Gomez is a strong player,” he told reporters. “But at this time the conditions are not right.

“He will cost a lot and we must adhere to the economic parameters we have set ourselves.

“Our relationship with Bayern Munich is solid though.

“The player is interested, it's just the deal is not finalized.

“We are very serene regarding Jovetic's future. The market has only just opened, and at this time, no offers have arrived [that are satisfactory].”

Yen

Try a beat him non lethally. Worth it just for his camo.
Going to try that. You get his tranq rifle if you beat him non lethally, and have to hold him up for the camo. I'm surprised at how well this game holds up, the camera makes all the difference.

Walshy

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613181

Reading this thread, what nationality/ethnicity is everyone here?

Buying that Fiorentina shirt too
English/French/Scottish/Ukrainian.

I have a really odd mix of nationalities.

Going to try that. You get his tranq rifle if you beat him non lethally, and have to hold him up for the camo. I'm surprised at how well this game holds up, the camera makes all the difference.
The tranq rifle is a must if you are doing a no-kill run. Yeah, the HD version is the best version, really enjoyed it. Even got the plat for it too on PS3, took the piss trying to get all of kerotans though.

Fady K

Mazinho, Thiago's father, has sold his restaurant 'Campechano' in Barcelona. [as]

OH SHIT

The only people who should be surprised that Thiago ends up a United player in the coming days are the same people who were shocked when Mourinho officially returned to Chelsea.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 47s

Barcelona sports director, Andoni Zubizarreta, considers Thiago a lost cause & is definitely leaving for Manchester United. [sport]

Don't be sad Zubi, #basedwoodward is simply better than you.

Carbonox

They are a bit pricey, but they are quite effective bro. I believe there are "demos" to try.

Not a fan of Kone's? Did your team acquire/ship off any players this summer yet?

For a club that should be targetting a top 8 finish, Kone is an unambitious and frankly wasteful target. The guy is too old and doesn't fit in with Newcastle's age policy on signing new players. He's average at best.

If we're to sign him as a supporting striker then the club better be fucking targetting a very good striker as proper competition (or replacement, I don't care) for Cisse too.

The whole thing reeks of Joe Kinnear. Graham Carr would never target Kone in a billion years.

Fuck Newcastle. Run by scum.

Tc91

Mazinho, Thiago's father, has sold his restaurant 'Campechano' in Barcelona. [as]

OH SHIT

Barcelona sports director, Andoni Zubizarreta, considers Thiago a lost cause & is definitely leaving for Manchester United. [sport]

OOOOOOOOH SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom