• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this Picunt I made not in the OP? :((

jKB9P8GxtPv3.png

It's good man.

You need to added Birmingham though so I can publicly support them :lol

done

Slizz

16 or 17 is when most start

Yah I was out every week from the age of 16 drinking frosty jacks and the other disgusting cheapo variants until I was old enough to go pubs and other places legally. :lol

So the same as here, just shorter amount of time being an underage drinker abroad I guess.

It's foolish that in college here 18-22 yrs old you can basically only drink legally in your senior year, where your studies tend to be the most difficult.

Yeah he's still plenty young to be starting a managing career.

I feel like no one bbc, sky, itv, Al Jazeera sports etc talks sense like he does. Ex managers like Souness and Curbishly sound like fools compared to him. I think Carragher actually has a bit of that pragmatic wisdom in him as well, but we'll have to see how it works out for him as a pundit. I think either of those two could be good coaches or managers if they went all out at it.
Souness is okay IMO, not great but not terrible - maybe that's cos he's usually next to Redknapp though :lol

Lee Dixon is alright too I think, but he doesn't really get much of a chance since ITV don't get much coverage/waste half of it with ads and Chiles being a knob.

Somebody posted a video here a while back of a guy breaking down Juves system - that was good. Might have been on Fox.

I have a feeling Carragher will be good too but tbh that's only cos he's in a similar position to G Nev so I'm just going along with it haha. Although when I have heard him speak about football he does seem to have good perspective. Hopefully he is good cos then we can see some proper debate and discussion on Sky between him and Neville.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Souness is okay IMO, not great but not terrible - maybe that's cos he's usually next to Redknapp though :lol

Lee Dixon is alright too I think, but he doesn't really get much of a chance since ITV don't get much coverage/waste half of it with ads and Chiles being a knob.

Somebody posted a video here a while back of a guy breaking down Juves system - that was good. Might have been on Fox.

I have a feeling Carragher will be good too but tbh that's only cos he's in a similar position to G Nev so I'm just going along with it haha. Although when I have heard him speak about football he does seem to have good perspective. Hopefully he is good cos then we can see some proper debate and discussion on Sky between him and Neville.

I wonder if sky are going to try to generate a "Nev vs Carra" angle going forward, would be interesting to watch.

I'm most excited about seeing Burke, Carruthers, and Drennan committing to Villa :)

Hopefully Bent will be gone by this time next week and Spurs will realize they aren't getting Benteke.

Lunchbox

Banned
benteke is wasted at villa

david villa - benteke with bale, paulinho and dembele behind them

spurs would be second behind moyes

Hixx

Meh, we will see if Villa and Sunderland's transfer policy of quantity works in the long run.

Wouldn't be surprised if both or one of them are bottom half or lower this year.

Might be wrong, but bringing in shedloads of unproven PL players isn't always a good strategy, regardless of how good they are on paper. See newcastle last year.p

We have spent trillions on proven pl players and the best it got us was 10th. Fuck that.

Kassu

Banned
I'm probably a really boring person, but I'm not interested about drinking at all. :D And I'm going to play The Last of Us for the rest of my birthday, so I'm not really good at celebrating anything either.

So people where the drinking age is 18 are you underage drinking frequently prior to your 18th?

I feel like having it be 21 in the U.S. is actually a detriment since every kid is underage(binge) drinking for around 4 years....
You could buy drinks that have less than 15% alcohol at the age of 16 and everything above at the age of 18. They changed that that recently though, the drinking age of everything is 18 now. I had a few beers when I was 15 but nothing extreme. There most certainly were kids who started drinking at the age of 12 or 13.

That parkour video in the OP reminded me of being at school and seeing the same 4 people every day at 3:15pm trying to jump over a picnic bench.

Bad parkour is the most laughable thing in the world

Did you guys ever try it when it had a bit of a vogue around 2006?

Slizz

That parkour video in the OP reminded me of being at school and seeing the same 4 people every day at 3:15pm trying to jump over a picnic bench.

Bad parkour is the most laughable thing in the world

Did you guys ever try it when it had a bit of a vogue around 2006?

Nah I skated before, had enough busting my ass.

zKwZnDM.png

We've got the close-up, yo.

Edit: Oh no :( it's just him arriving at Madrid

Lollllll

:lol Warrior managed to make the 3rd kit even worse with those socks. They somehow find a way to power up their shit designs.

Villa should sign Kiyotake. The improved offer may sway them.

Carbonox

If it weren't gonna be Newcastle, I'm glad Aubs went to Dortmund instead of tripe like Monaco or Inturd.

Wonder how Klopp will play him. He's a striker/winger so he'll either start on the bench or replace Lewi (will he even be played by Dortmund again if he remains?) or Kuba in the starting 11.

If Dortmund bag someone like De Bruyne or Eriksen, they'll be hot as fuck next season.

justjohn

Lol @ anelka holding the shirt like some filthy rag. Moody to the end.

I still think he had his best form for chelsea. He and Drogba in 2009/10 were incredible.

Carbonox

Pahaha media calling the new Newcastle youngster Kemen the 'new Alex Song'. Fuck off, we'll dumb him down to the point where his professional career will be based in Scotland only.

G-Unit

Thiago is more ManU than barca these days its seems. Let's get this over with plz sandro, just sell it and get us rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom