• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
QPR are the worst club in world football.

I don't know how they're even allowed to operate in the transfer market, never mind reject bids of £12m and £5m for players in their financial position. That's £17m and likely the best part of £100k a week in wages that they're allowed to play hard ball with over transfers (and start the season with if they keep them)

Absolutely praying they drop through again to League One.

I don't know how they're even allowed to operate in the transfer market, never mind reject bids of £12m and £5m for players in their financial position. That's £17m and likely the best part of £100k a week in wages that they're allowed to play hard ball with over transfers (and start the season with if they keep them)

What happened to the prospect of them being forced to go non-league due to the severity of their FFP failing?

Winds me up a bit that they get parachute payments

Bumhead

Banned
Nothing. That's what happened. Nothing.

They've had the approval of the Football League to cheat their way back to the Premiership in May.

JardeL

VAN PERSIE'S PAY-OFF

Robin van Persie has demanded a £12million pay-off to leave Manchester United this summer, according to the Sunday People.

Fenerbahce have tabled a four-year, £250,000-a-week deal that matches Van Persie's current contract at United, with the Old Trafford club willing to let him go for a cut-price £5m.

But, according to the paper, Van Persie will demand United pay out the final 12 months of his contract if they want him to leave.
£250K a week for 4 years?.. LOL, no way!

Carbonox

Agreed, absolute cesspit of a club from top to bottom. Apparently they've even rejected a 7m bid for Matty Phillips according to Sky Sports just now.

TM94

Newcastle United understood to be in advanced talks with Georginio Wijnaldum

The 24-year-old’s representatives have held talks with United in the last few days and Newcastle hope to complete the signing soon.

As from The Evening Chronicle

Would be an amazing signing if true.

As from The Evening Chronicle

Would be an amazing signing if true.

image.php

Had to be done.

Carbonox

Apparently McClaren worked with Wijnaldum at FC Twente so it could be a valid hook for him to come to the Prem and use as a stepping stone clearly.

It's not fucking hard. Sign Austin and Wijnaldum and you're off to a decent start before filling out the defence and winger roles.

But alas none of the above will happen in the way we want it to when we're linked with fucking dross like Rolan from Ligue 1.

bjaelke

The Press Association's Simon Peach is reporting that Atletico Madrid did no pay the £1.5million clause cancellation fee in time.

This means that Southampton are still able to buy the player permanently for £6.8million and PA are reporting that, should Alderweireld join another club, the Saints could take legal recourse against Atleti.
agJIP.gif

BoerBert

Apparently McClaren worked with Wijnaldum at FC Twente so it could be a valid hook for him to come to the Prem and use as a stepping stone clearly.
Wijnaldum never played for Twente or worked with McClaren.

I think Wijnaldum isn't a very good player and not really what Newcastle needs (especially if De Jong is fit) but his qualities fit the PL quite well. Lots of energy. Bad finisher though.

Apparently we are in for Begovic would be very happy if this was true.

I've had enough of this De Gea bollocks it should of been sorted a month ago.

Apparently we are in for Begovic would be very happy if this was true.

I've had enough of this De Gea bollocks it should of been sorted a month ago.

Seems like all 3 parties are reluctant to make a decision tbh

-Man Utd aren't sure whether to keep him for another year and lose him on a free
-Madrid aren't sure whether to pay the asking price considering he only has a year left
-De Gea is too much of a wuss to hand in a transfer request even though he would blatantly prefer to leave now

Carbonox

Wijnaldum never played for Twente or worked with McClaren.

I think Wijnaldum isn't a very good player and not really what Newcastle needs (especially if De Jong is fit) but his qualities fit the PL quite well. Lots of energy. Bad finisher though.

Odd, wonder why a bunch of places are reporting they worked together. :lol

So you reckon De Jong is technically the superior player? If only we could get a nice run off him without being injured.

Jarnet87

11 days away from the first game of the preseason tour, and its getting more and more likely Depay will be the only new signing to start the tour. Least we will get to see Pereira.

Di Maria so unlucky, just praying it isn't a serious injury. Was in great form for the tournament, then does his hamstring. Type of injury that has to be completely healed before a player can go again or it will continue to linger. Could mean late August or September before he features again.

BoerBert

Odd, wonder why a bunch of places are reporting they worked together. :lol

So you reckon De Jong is technically the superior player? If only we could get a nice run off him without being injured.

Apparently McClaren was interested in Wijnaldum when he worked for Twente. Besides that, I can't think of any situation where they worked together.

About De Jong and Wijnaldum, I personally like De Jong more but I might be biased. He shows some more composure (I hope that's the right term), is more calm in front of the goal. On the other hand, Wijnaldum is probably better in matches that require players to do a lot of running.

Carbonox

Turan is a Barca player. When was the last time Barcelona signed a decent player not named Neymar, Suarez or Fabregas? If it ain't a big player it's consistent dross they buy. Phenomenal stuff. Turan is naff.

Empty

why are barca signing these players now (arda, vidal)

can't they just agree with the agent, then wait till january. it's not like they're going to increase in value and they get to play serious competitive football instead of getting rusty.

Meier

Wait...is this real???

Yeah, if you read the original FC Barcelona Catalan site's story, it describes exactly this. It gives them two days essentially to back track on the sale if the new president isn't interested. Their technical committee spent time deciding based upon Luis Enrique's request.

Moobabe

Yeah, if you read the original FC Barcelona Catalan site's story, it describes exactly this. It gives them two days essentially to back track on the sale if the new president isn't interested. Their technical committee spent time deciding based upon Luis Enrique's request.

I love Barcelona - banned from signing players, yet sign two who can't play til January and then reserve the right to sell one back!?

Madness

Turan is a Barca player. When was the last time Barcelona signed a decent player not named Neymar, Suarez or Fabregas? If it ain't a big player it's consistent dross they buy. Phenomenal stuff. Turan is naff.
Rakitic is boss. Ter Stegen, Bravo and Mathieu are good as well. The less said about Vermaelen the better

Tubie

Arda is fantastic, the only problem he has (and why he doesn't want to play with Simeone anymore) is that he hates defending and doesn't track back as much as he should in his position.

Barcelona would still be a good fit for him imo tho.

Arda is fantastic, the only problem he has (and why he doesn't want to play with Simeone anymore) is that he hates defending and doesn't track back as much as he should in his position.

Barcelona would still be a good fit for him imo tho.

Probably for the best that our interest was just paper talk then, he'd have hated it!

JardeL

About ManCity's first signing of the summer, 18 yo Enes Unal;

CJPpOx0WwAAJL51.jpg

Code:
[U]Match Category[/U]	         [U]Overall Matches[/U]	[U]Overall Goals[/U]
U21 League	                 1	            0
Turkish Cup	                 15	            3
Spor Toto Super League	         35	            4
Friendly Tournaments and Cups    23	           21
Friendly Matches	         7	            6
European Championship	         22	           16
Elite Academy League U19	 3	            5
Elite Academy League U18	 2	            4
Elite Academy League U16 Turkey Finals	2	    1
Elite Academy League U16 	 31	            53
Academy League U15 Turkey Finals 3	            1
Academy League U15	         21	            55
Academy League U14 Turkey Finals 3	            4
Academy League U14	         45	            58
[B]TOTAL                            213                231[/B]
http://www.tff.org/Default.aspx?pageId=526&kisiId=980555
http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=250062599/profile/index.html

Jarnet87

Never seen Darmian play but he got a lot of praise this season, and it was rumored Bayern were in for him as well. We need a right back as Rafael is bound to be out the door this summer or next.

the Muller rumors keep popping up but there is no way Bayern let him leave. Maybe Pepern doesn't care if he leaves but the board sure does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom