• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

In training for the first time.

CJSmyfNWUAA3Gwl.jpg

Kompany talking about making the title too easy for us last season, ignoring what City did we were just far too good for everyone else.

And City could spend £1bn this summer, if Pellegrino is only there to finish his contract so they can go for Pep or someone else, he will not be able to motivate that team to compete and win the title when other teams will also spend and the players will be more motivated.

Its surprising he wasn't sacked in some ways but if they can't get who they want then they might as well hold out for a season, although I doubt it will do them much good.

Looks like Ogbonna is off to the hammers could be a nice little signing I know he's not lived up to his FIFA fame a couple of years ago but still.

Carbonox

Wonder what Juventus are doing with their strikeforce. They've just signed Zaza so that's Zaza, Llorente, Mandzukic and Morata. Surely Llorente is off as he's shite and Mandzukic is the superior lanky doodle.

Looks like Ogbonna is off to the hammers could be a nice little signing I know he's not lived up to his FIFA fame a couple of years ago but still.

Obiang, Payet, Ogbonna, etc. Fair play to them. When even West Ham are showing you up on the transfer stakes you know you must re-evaluate your life.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Spurs trying to secure that Europa league spot next season with more Saints signings.

imagine having all that money to throw around and nothing to show for it every year. At least Man City win a league title every now and then.

DamnBoxes

Spurs trying to secure that Europa league spot next season with more Saints signings.

Yet the best Saints player of all, who they've been chasing for a couple of years, they won't be able to land anymore...

16672573530_aa13d936fa_o.jpg

Onto trying to snag James McCarthy from Everton now! Tottenham really needs a new defensive midfielder to play alongside Bentaleb.

Meier

About ManCity's first signing of the summer, 18 yo Enes Unal;

CJPpOx0WwAAJL51.jpg

Code:
[U]Match Category[/U]	         [U]Overall Matches[/U]	[U]Overall Goals[/U]
U21 League	                 1	            0
Turkish Cup	                 15	            3
Spor Toto Super League	         35	            4
Friendly Tournaments and Cups    23	           21
Friendly Matches	         7	            6
European Championship	         22	           16
Elite Academy League U19	 3	            5
Elite Academy League U18	 2	            4
Elite Academy League U16 Turkey Finals	2	    1
Elite Academy League U16 	 31	            53
Academy League U15 Turkey Finals 3	            1
Academy League U15	         21	            55
Academy League U14 Turkey Finals 3	            4
Academy League U14	         45	            58
[B]TOTAL                            213                231[/B]
http://www.tff.org/Default.aspx?pageId=526&kisiId=980555
http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=250062599/profile/index.html
Was hoping there was another City fan but I see you're Turkish. Are you a Bursa fan or just excited about Enes moving abroad? He is the first Turkish player to play for City so it's a pretty big move for him. Definitely been a player I've bought in FM the past two years so I'm very interested to see how he does. We'll see how it pans out in the short term -- I imagine if he can get his work permit soon, he'll go on the preseason tour and then probably be loaned out for at least a year. Too much time playing "man" football to go down and play in the EDS.

Carbonox

Cabaye to Palace returning as an inevitability apparently. Preparing my preorder for teh Palace Cabaye shirt as we speak...

Hopefully Cabaye's arrival means Johnny Williams is no longer needed and joins Ipswich permanently. Second probably only to Gio Dos Santos when it comes to naturally skilled players I've seen playing for us.

Showaddy

imagine having all that money to throw around and nothing to show for it every year. At least Man City win a league title every now and then.

Pretty sure this is the first player we've nicked off Saints and he's actually an Atletico player. Sure your not thinking of Liverpool?

And since when do we have City level money haha???

JardeL

Was hoping there was another City fan but I see you're Turkish. Are you a Bursa fan or just excited about Enes moving abroad? He is the first Turkish player to play for City so it's a pretty big move for him. Definitely been a player I've bought in FM the past two years so I'm very interested to see how he does. We'll see how it pans out in the short term -- I imagine if he can get his work permit soon, he'll go on the preseason tour and then probably be loaned out for at least a year. Too much time playing "man" football to go down and play in the EDS.

Turkish & Arsenal fan, sorry ^_^. I'm excited about Turkish youngsters moving abroad. We have lots of young talents but Turkish football system sucks, so they have almost no chance to shine. Teams pay too much money to players (min. wage is around 1 million euros net plus 10K-15K euros a week even if you're a rotation player), no education and no professionalism.

Enes is 18, he's talented and now in good hands. As I wrote before; Nuri Sahin, Mesut Özil, Ilkay Gündogan, Hamit Altintop, Emre Can ... they're Turkish but they grew up in Germany and we see the results. Hopefully more Turkish youngsters will move abroad.

Carbonox

Newcastle have put in a €16 million offer for Wijnaldum

If we signed another defensive midfielder I'd be relatively comfortable with our midfield. Wijnaldum, De Jong, Sissoko, Tiote (McClaren might be able to get him back to his best unless he's definitely leaving as I miss Mr T) and Colback isn't bad but depending on who stays and goes another may be needed. Abeid has potential but could see him heading off, Anita needs to go cos he's really bad.

Still got the striker, defence and winger positions to bolster. Gonna be a long Summer.

Carbonox

Sky Sports News:

We have an update on the future of Robin van Persie. Sources have told us tonight us that Fenerbache have agreed a four-year deal to sign him from Manchester United. We've been told the Turkish club hope to announce the move before the weekend.

Not a bad transfer haul for Fenerbahce if they get RVP and Nani in the same window.

TM94

Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is expected to travel to Newcastle tomorrow and finalise a move, stated fee is €16m.

nitewulf

why is Sterling being such a piece of shit? I'd be livid if i was a Liverpool fan. Fucker you're only 20 years old, stand in the corner and shut the fuck up.

why is Sterling being such a piece of shit? I'd be livid if i was a Liverpool fan. Fucker you're only 20 years old, stand in the corner and shut the fuck up.

Sterling: Bellend
Aidy Ward: Bellend

Sterling being advised by Aidy Ward: Bellend²

Aidy Ward also represented Berahino when he was chatting endless shit to the papers and obliterating his relationship with West Brom.

Lunar FC

Good reason to treat ya self to the new shirt then.

Hope United show off the new kits on the 1st hate having to wait.

That's the plan, but i'm undecided on who to get. Sort of want Sturridge, but he will probably never play another game in his career. Maybe Coutinho.

Carbonox

Cabaye medical at Palace. What a signing. If they get a good striker in as well they could really push on next season. Newcastle became a totally different beast when he arrived and with Remy we were fucking golden before he was sold. Though I'd prefer us to sign Austin instead of them.

We're getting Wijnaldum though so hopefully he can give us an injection of quality in midfield that we sorely lack. De Jong still needs time.

Selling van Persie to Fenerbache feels like lloyd selling his dead bird to the blind kid.

They're getting Obi Mikel too! They're like the Premier League's shitter dump. thank mr fenerbache

Got to love the FIFA Rankings.

Wales are now OFFICIALLY better than Spain, Chile, Uruguay, Italy and France.

As are England and Romania.

Haha, they always make for a good laugh.

I don't even care Sterling's leaving anymore. The way he's behaved is just tasteless and disrespectful. The latest rumours were saying it's down to a breakdown in his relationship with Rodgers which is probably a load of bollocks as well.

Fifa has banned former executive committee member and ex-Concacaf general secretary Chuck Blazer from all football related activity for life.

Blazer, 70, worked undercover with prosecutors in the United States after pleading guilty to charges of bribery, money laundering and tax evasion.

A Fifa statement said Blazer "committed many and various acts of misconduct".

[...]

Blazer admitted that he and others on the executive committee of football's world governing body agreed to accept bribes in connection with the choice of South Africa as 2010 World Cup hosts.

He said he also facilitated bribes over the 1998 event.

A document of his agreement with US prosecutors shows Blazer was secretly co-operating with them from December 2011.

The New York Daily News reported in 2014 that Blazer had bugged meetings with Fifa executives at the London 2012 Olympics with a wire device concealed in a key fob.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33458803

Oh, the irony...!

Carbonox

Sky Sports News HQ understands Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna will be having a medical with West Ham in the next 48 hours, ahead of a proposed £8.5m move.

West Ham give no fucks. They're going for it this window. Still got some positions to sort out no doubt but they're making some decent signings.

Best

Come on Woodward. Next week is your week;

Schneiderlin, Darmian, Lacazette, ,Otamendi, Schwiensteiger and De Gea signs a contract

#DareToWoodward

Sad to see RvP go, won us a league title pretty much on his own (thanks Arsenal). But he looked so off the place last season, when he was actually fit.

Still looked sharper than Falcao though.

I wonder what we're gonna do striker wise. Give Hernandez a chance ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom