• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

West Ham 1-0 up in the second leg with Elliot Lee scoring, Sakho got sent off on the 14th minute for an unexplained reason...

After reading the commentary, seems like one of their players went down off the ball, Lusitanos players surrounded the ref and he sent sakho off, I wouldn't be surprised if they were playing dirty after last week's game but I'm not there so I don't know what happened.

DBT85

Sad to see RvP go, won us a league title pretty much on his own (thanks Arsenal). But he looked so off the place last season, when he was actually fit.

Still looked sharper than Falcao though.

I wonder what we're gonna do striker wise. Give Hernandez a chance ffs.

As I said before I'm OK with it. He had his best season the year we won it and clearly playing under Moyzeus wasn't going to get the best from him. He was just frustrating to watch last season even under Gail.

Quite what we'll do though I don't know. Rooney, Wilson and Pea isn't enough.

It's up to Woowoo now.

That war chest is looking pretty damned full right now.

Jarnet87

As I said before I'm OK with it. He had his best season the year we won it and clearly playing under Moyzeus wasn't going to get the best from him. He was just frustrating to watch last season even under Gail.

It's up to Woowoo now.

If Wilson was further along then I think between Rooney, Wilson, and Chicharito it would be enough. Hernandez has been the best partner to Rooney up front since Tevez. He doesn't have the same game as Tevez but he does create the most space for Rooney to go forward. They could roll with Rooney and Hernandez, substitute Wilson in as the striker, play Rooney as the lone man up top, or bring in one of our attacking midfielders here and there to give Rooney a rest.

Jarnet87

It's up to Woowoo now.

If Wilson was further along then I think between Rooney, Wilson, and Chicharito it would be enough. Hernandez has been the best partner to Rooney up front since Tevez. He doesn't have the same game as Tevez but he does create the most space for Rooney to go forward. They could roll with Rooney and Hernandez, substitute Wilson in as the striker, play Rooney as the lone man up top, or bring in one of our attacking midfielders here and there to give Rooney a rest.

If my math is correct United scored 60 goals in the premier league last season. Wayne scored 12, Robin 10, and Falcao 4. I think Rooney, Hernandez, and Wilson can easily score more then 26 goals combined. Mata should be able to replicate his close to double digit form, and if Memphis Depay adapts to the prem quickly he should bring double digit goals as well.

Come on Woodward. Next week is your week;

Schneiderlin, Darmian, Lacazette, ,Otamendi, Schwiensteiger and De Gea signs a contract

#DareToWoodward

With the war chest they've been bragging about splashing out with, I would expect better than some of these.

If only they could raid Atletico Madrid, they're overflowing with quality in all areas.

Carbonox

It's mad, Steve McClaren and the club are saying ALL of the right things about what they want to do, where they're aiming to take the club, who they want to sign, etc. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...four-10m-players-to-boost-squad-10379328.html

I can't remember this ever being a stance and publicly-communicated one at that under the Ashley era and yet it feels so cheap. Expectation is that the opposite will be delivered and nobody can blame the Newcastle fanbase. Still, it's the right type of communication regardless and if they go back on everything after this then there literally is no hope for the club.

It looks like the top 5 targets are:

* Florian Thauvin (possible but this has gone quiet)
* Joel Matip (like Mitrovic convincing him Newcastle is the place to be will be tough - just tell the cunt you can move without issue if a Champs League team come in)
* Georginio Wijnaldum (looks to be done within the next few days)
* Charlie Austin (could be dead apparently because of QPR being cunts)
* Aleksandar Mitrovic (unless Roma come out of nowhere this looks the next likely)

Carbonox

Finally Newcastle are signing someone:

PSV have given Georginio Wijnaldum permission to talk to Newcastle and have a medical.

- Sky Sports News

Edit: Dreamboat has returned to the Prem:

eram7Dp.jpg

DBT85

One of the red tops solved Uniteds striker problem.

We're going to put together a £60m deal for Muller apparently.

I swear they actually just pick names from a hat.

The_Poet

Banned
Spurs keep buying defenders, but I still don't see them being solid at the back.

Too many changes for a decent CB partnership to form just yet

Carbonox

Spurs keep buying defenders, but I still don't see them being solid at the back.

Too many changes for a decent CB partnership to form just yet

Alderweireld x Vertonghen was a thing for Ajax plus they're friends and colleagues within the Belgium team. Spurs have just gained a really fucking good CB partnership. The former was arguably one of the best CB's in the league last season too but yeah I notice they're shopping for a fuck ton of defenders. I'm assuming they'll roll out with:

Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

Rose doesn't convince me at all though.

West Ham give no fucks. They're going for it this window. Still got some positions to sort out no doubt but they're making some decent signings.

It's good to see the Daves getting their chequebooks out, but I think it shows how much this is a make or break season this is. Getting relegated, what with the new stadium next season & increased TV money, would be disastrous for us. Hoping we sign a new striker, we also need to get Jenkinson sorted - would love to see us sign him full-time, but he still harbours a dream of breaking into Arsenal's first team at some point in his career. Can't see it happening, regardless of how well he performs for us - wouldn't be at all surprised to see him have another good season with us, then Wenger flogs him at an inflated price.

West Ham 1-0 up in the second leg with Elliot Lee scoring, Sakho got sent off on the 14th minute for an unexplained reason...

After reading the commentary, seems like one of their players went down off the ball, Lusitanos players surrounded the ref and he sent sakho off, I wouldn't be surprised if they were playing dirty after last week's game but I'm not there so I don't know what happened.

Saw the highlights on the official site, couldn't even tell what happened - apparently the ref didn't even see it and had to have a long talk with the linesman, before returning and showing Sahko the red. I heard the Lusitans players were trying to wind him up from the start, so perhaps he gave one of them a little nudge and they over sold it to get him sent off. Great goal for young Elliot Lee, good to see him improving.

Carbonox

Mitrovic supposedly on his way as well within the next couple of days. Despite being young and the Belgian league not being a true testament to quality, he has the hype and build to succeed in the Prem IMO. Lad's tough as nails and could be the first player with such qualities since Carroll. We are shit in the air and get bullied a lot up front unless Cisse's in cunt mode so getting someone like Mitrovic in could be a real coup.

That's a nice signing for a decent price.

I imagine he's had a few offers this window.

Man, Newcastle using a FM wonder kid shortlist from the past few seasons fair play some interesting names popping up.

Carbonox

Our favourite mercenary Asamoah Gyan is back in the news:

Former Sunderland forward Asamoah Gyan has penned a two-year deal with Shanghai SIPG, with reports suggesting his wages are in excess of £225,000 per week.

The 29-year-old confirmed on his official website that he had signed a contract, which has an option for a renewal, after completing a routine medical.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed but if it is £225,000 per week that would make him one of the highest-paid footballers in the world.

He gives no fucks. Gyan son.

Edit: Mitrovic is happening:

Aleksandar Mitrovic’s move to Newcastle United could be completed in the “coming hours” - according to the player’s agent Pini Zahavi.

Today is a good day.

Carbonox

Can't believe we signed Cabaye. Ridiculous. I can't think of a signing we've made that's been more exciting.

Fucking awesome signing. He's one of my favourite players so enjoy. Pardew could well create the team at Palace he was never able to do at Newcastle if he's given good support. Going for Cabaye suggests so and there are rumours Remy might be another target. On the up!

Carbonox

West Ham have just tweeted that they will be "announcing a major new signing shortly". We will of course let you know as soon as the identity of the player is revealed.

- Sky Sports

Obviously Ogbonna.

This is one of the more entertaining windows in recent memory, a lot of midtable teams going for interesting/good players, moreso than I recall.

Crystal Palace - Cabaye
Swansea - Ayew
West Ham - Payet, Ogbonna
Newcastle - Wijnaldum, Mitrovic
Stoke - Joselu, Van Ginkel (as part of Begovic to Chelsea), possibly Shaqiri
Watford - the whole league

Dat Premier League yo.

TM94

What's this Mitrovic about then?

Haven't seen him play, any good?

Looks a mad bastard in any case, and that's something a Newcastle United football team needs.

Carbonox

What's this Mitrovic about then?

Haven't seen him play, any good?

Looks a mad bastard in any case, and that's something a Newcastle United football team needs.

Looks to be a tank with a bit of pace, someone we've lacked since pre-Liverpool Andy Carroll. 6ft 3in or some noise as well so he'll add some much needed height to our squad.

The_Poet

Banned
Alderweireld x Vertonghen was a thing for Ajax plus they're friends and colleagues within the Belgium team. Spurs have just gained a really fucking good CB partnership. The former was arguably one of the best CB's in the league last season too but yeah I notice they're shopping for a fuck ton of defenders. I'm assuming they'll roll out with:

Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

Rose doesn't convince me at all though.

I like Rose, he was one of our best attacking outlets last season, part of the reason potch loves 2 defensive midfielders is that they can fill in for the wingbacks

Meier

Ogbonna is definitely official for West Ham. Little Jack Sullivan tweeted it.

What a day for Hendo!

Liverpool FC's new captain @jhenderson wins the #FIFA16UKcover vote!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJjtyKMWwAI33U2.jpg[IMG]

YNWA![/QUOTE]

Disregarding that it's absurd for Henderson to be on the cover, that is a horrible, horrible design. Both of them look ridiculous.

JardeL

Barcelona’s Arda Turan: I’m not new Xavi but can’t wait to play with Iniesta

• Turan says new Barcelona team-mate Andrés Iniesta is his idol
• Turkey midfielder admits it will be hard not to play until January

RiggyRob

Muppetry knows no bounds - there's a plane watch for Darmian on his way to Manchester since LVG confirmed he was coming for a medical today.

Stulaw

ogbonna1.jpeg

Well, it's been known for a while now But yeah, we've signed him.

Also, newspapers are making up shit about Manchester United wanting Sakho, the source is a a website I never heard of before seeing the news Wednesday morning and some are adding that they might throw Hernandez into the mix, why would West Ham want to sell their best striker with no replacement on the lines?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Worst FIFA cover in years, if not ever.

Excluding the fact Henderson being on it is laughable, that design is just...Awful.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Worst FIFA cover in years, if not ever.

Excluding the fact Henderson being on it is laughable, that design is just...Awful.

Let them have their moment. It's the only time you'll see Liverpool and Barca players on the same pitch this season

DamnBoxes

I like Rose, he was one of our best attacking outlets last season, part of the reason potch loves 2 defensive midfielders is that they can fill in for the wingbacks

Rose was excellent for Spurs last season (especially compared to his year under AVB/Sherwood). Alderweireld is a great signing, I believe, but Spurs still need an upgrade over Ryan Mason in the midfield more than anything right now.

Van Ginkel to Stoke on loan, which was touted yesterday as part of the Begovic deal. Welcome to Chelsea Begovic, I hope you use your sign on bonus to buy yourself a nice comfy pillow for the bench

dakun

Barcelona’s Arda Turan: I’m not new Xavi but can’t wait to play with Iniesta

• Turan says new Barcelona team-mate Andrés Iniesta is his idol
• Turkey midfielder admits it will be hard not to play until January

is he not allowed to go out on a loan for half a year or even full? Or are they content with him playing on the B team and having him in the second half of the Champions League instead.

Meier

is he not allowed to go out on a loan for half a year or even full? Or are they content with him playing on the B team and having him in the second half of the Champions League instead.

I don't think he'd be eligible to play for their B team either since his contract is with Barcelona so playing for Barca B is something akin to a loan. There have been conflicting reports on whether he or Aleix Vidal are able to be loaned out due to the unable to be registered thing. I would have assumed it would be fine (a la when a player can't get a work permit in the UK and therefore can't be registered), but from what I'd heard before, this level of being unable to register the player is a little more significant and it would prevent them from loaning the players out. Guess we'll see.

Stulaw

Hammers fan.

We still need another defender and a proven 15-20+ a season striker.

I agree, a couple of more full-backs, on the right at the moment we only have O'Brien really since Jenkinson hasn't signed yet, and with LB we have Creswell and Hendrie with Hendrie looking to be a good prospect but hasn't played in the Premier League yet.

As with a striker, I'm hoping we sign Charlie Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom