• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nicolas Otamendi was left out of Valencia's kit launch, intensifying speculation that he's on his way to Old Trafford.
The Argentine defender is one of Louis van Gaal's top summer targets as he looks to bolster his defence ahead of the new season.
Spanish publication Marca claim Otamendi wants to finalise a move to United before Valencia's players return for pre-season training on 26 July."

GHG

Gold Member
United have so much money to throw around. Absolutely ridiculous.

Can't wait for the plan to all fall flat on its face once again.

As we saw when they were throwing money around at Mata and Di Maria, spending all this money guarantees nothing.

Even if they have bought the right players (suited to the league and whatever system LVG wants to play) it will take at least a season for them to all gel.

Oersted

CKGRGQVXAAAsPom.jpg:large

Götze looking good

Them endorsement headphones

What on earth would Chelsea even do with him? Long term Terry replacement?

JT is 34, so yes.

We're linked with: Witsel, Pedro, Rahman and Stones. If we sign Rahman, I will demand we will call him Alan, so we can have Dave on one side of defence and Alan on the other.

Azpilicueta, Zouma, Stones, Rahman. Sounds good!

DBT85

Can't wait for the plan to all fall flat on its face once again.

As we saw when they were throwing money around at Mata and Di Maria, spending all this money guarantees nothing.

Even if they have bought the right players (suited to the league and whatever system LVG wants to play) it will take at least a season for them to all gel.

Possibly so, but I'd still expect a much stronger overall season than last year.

Two more players then, gotta be a striker and CB.

Looking forward to seeing what happens.

At the end of the day we will spend what ever it takes to get back to where we were.

Jack cw

Vidal deal isn't signed yet. There is hope left.
He is. His agent was at Säbener Str. before Bayern took off. Medical is scheduled for Tuesday. Rummenigge presser will be on wed or thursday.

There is another player where negotiations are close to an agreement. Might be in the same presser next week.

El Topo

He is. His agent was at Säbener Str. before Bayern took off. Medical is scheduled for Tuesday. Rummenigge presser will be on wed or thursday.

Not official yet. No medical yet. Not all hope is lost. I'm preparing myself for Fuck Bayern, but I'm still holding a last tiny slip of hope.

So, wait, Fabian Delph is joining Man City after all? What the hell is going on?

Are there actually any players left at Villa now? Got to be favourites for relegation I would have thought.

Jarnet87

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33568110

Yaya who? Those are some abysmal stats. Why did we get him?

Smaller clubs like to take chances on prospects from big clubs. Shit Rio Miyachi got like 4 different loan spells.

New players always take time to gel but I like that most of the new signings for United have played for van Gaal, or played in a similar system. Those who were on the team last season have a year under their belt and van Gaal isn't as likely to chop and change formations.

Really interested to see the starting 11 tonight. I feel like since it's the first game we won't see the new boys except possibly Depay til the 2nd half. I think it will be De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Shaw; Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Young; Rooney.

One of Smalling or Jones to go off limping before the 45 minute mark. Otamendi then done by Monday.

Pennywise

The whole league has way too much money to spend.
If this goes on, clubs like Watford will be bigger than clubs like Porto or Ajax.

Which sucks...

Luckily, most of their clubs spend money on shit players, have no clear philosophy and strategy that everything falls apart anyway...

Jack cw

holy crap

I knew from his facebook posts that he trained during his holiday to get in form but he looks really great now

come on Götze. show the world you're the next messi
He will surprise many people this year. #Halfface #wholeofgoetze #pummelzwergwareinmal

I wonder if Delph and Begovic will go pillow shopping in the same place, get themselves something nice and comfy for that place on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom