• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Can Juve even pay his ridiculous wage?

tBu1wSE.jpg

Unkle

Wow, Delph, that's some grade-A bullshit right there.

Ah, a Stones/Zouma backline for the future - you'd swear Mourinho took a look at my career mode in FIFA 14. :3

I thought buying Vidal was the lowest low for Bayern, it seems my reaction might have been premature. Bayern can't possibly be that foolish.

Heynckens wanted to take Vidal with him to Bayern from Leverkusen back in 2011. Vidal really wanted to go to Bayern as well. Which would've been much cheaper for em back in the day.
But Leverkusen wanted to see him go abroad and Hoeness screwed around too long. Juve swooped in to get him and made a nice 30mil profit off him.

Wow, Delph, that's some grade-A bullshit right there.

Ah, a Stones/Zouma backline for the future - you'd swear Mourinho took a look at my career mode in FIFA 14. :3

Shame we're going to pay extra to reimburse them for overpaying on the Lukaku deal but never mind.

Stones will need a cool nickname if he is to play with Happy, Dave and possibly Alan (Rahman, I'm bringing it in)

Blablurn

Heynckens wanted to take Vidal with him to Bayern from Leverkusen back in 2011. Vidal really wanted to go to Bayern as well. Which would've been much cheaper for em back in the day.
But Leverkusen wanted to see him go abroad and Hoeness screwed around too long. Juve swooped in to get him and made a nice 30mil profit off him.

in the end bayern won the cl and made more final appearances than bayer and juve combined.

we did well

Meier

I wonder if Delph and Begovic will go pillow shopping in the same place, get themselves something nice and comfy for that place on the bench

Think a lot of people don't realize that Fernando started 30 games for City last year. Pretty Certain Delph will go ahead of him in the pecking order (hopefully we can offload him to Russia or something).

Meier

The reality is that if they don't spend the Benteke money wisely and get a player who can replace his goals, they'll probably be headed for the drop. Delph could either go down with the ship or move to a Champions League team.. kind of a no-brainer. Do feel terrible for the fans though because of the statement he made last week. I think without it, people wouldn't really begrudge him, but obviously he came off looking very poorly here.

El Topo

That article only tells half the story, namely that Bayern felt betrayed by Vidal and Rummenigge later said he didn't want players like him at the club. Now some pretend that it was all just a misunderstanding. Bullshit.
See e.g. this article, where Hoeneß is quoted that Vidal "has broken his word".

Jarnet87

His reasoning is that his initial decision to stay at Villa was based completely on emotion and feelings and it sort of clouded what footballing opportunity lay ahead with City. Thus, the u-turn was done.

the prestige of sitting on a big clubs bench, what an opportunity.

That article only tells half the story, namely that Bayern felt betrayed by Vidal and Rummenigge later said he didn't want players like him at the club. Now some pretend that it was all just a misunderstanding. Bullshit.
See e.g. this article, where Hoeneß is quoted that Vidal "has broken his word".

I'm not saying anything about betrayal. All I said is that Bayern would've had a chance at Vidal in 2011 at a much lower price because Heyckens wanted to take him with him and Vidal was very interested as well. In the end Leverkusen can still say 'fuck you' to Bayern and sell him to someone else and Vidal is free to accept that offer.

Delph making Sterling look like a saint. Villa fans are not a happy bunch right now.
Nah, Sterling is worse

Press briefings timed to cause the most disruption, backfiring interviews, refusal to join the preseason tour, phoning in sick like an immature little tit

Basically an archetype in how to turn the fans against you and make yourself so hated, the relationship with the club is unworkable

Unkle

Nah, Sterling is worse

Press briefings timed to cause the most disruption, backfiring interviews, refusal to join the preseason tour, phoning in sick like an immature little tit

Basically an archetype in how to turn the fans against you and make yourself so hated, the relationship with the club is unworkable

Bingo!

Sterling's a prime muppet. That Aidy Ward lad's worse, mind.

Hard times for Villa. Should have put in a much higher release fee clause. 9m seems like a bargain for an English player.

Re Bundesliga's overseas popularity, its still stupidly hard to get those games on TV here (Canada). They're all stuck on ludicrously priced speciality channels. PL by contrast has been available on the main networks for as long as I can remember.

Unkle

Hard times for Villa. Should have put in a much higher release fee clause. 9m seems like a bargain for an English player.

Re Bundesliga's overseas popularity, its still stupidly hard to get those games on TV here (Canada). They're all stuck on ludicrously priced speciality channels. PL by contrast has been available on the main networks for as long as I can remember.

We need a Netflix exclusively for football, man. A lot of red tape, major problems with licensing and prying the rights from the bigwigs but a guy can dream.

His contract was up in June, he could have left for free, instead he signed a new deal and Villa got £8m they wouldn't have got otherwise.

It was actually nice of him to sign a new contract but... ultimately the way he's gone about this move has been fairly poorly handled tbh.

Unkle

As per the previous discussion about media briefing on the last page, looks as if United are in for Pedro now. Both Ogden and Jackson are running with it, reputable sources for the club who are both on the tour in Seattle.

Here's a picture of Ed with the press, allegedly:

MVbN7Y9.jpg

Jack cw

I'm not saying anything about betrayal. All I said is that Bayern would've had a chance at Vidal in 2011 at a much lower price because Heyckens wanted to take him with him and Vidal was very interested as well. In the end Leverkusen can still say 'fuck you' to Bayern and sell him to someone else and Vidal is free to accept that offer.

2011 was a different market. Of course he was cheaper, because he hadn't reached worldclass at that time and if we look at prices EPL is paying for average players, then Bayern made a bargain with Vidal. I couldn't care less about the back story, Rummenigge does what is best for the club.

A year after that Bayern bought Martinez, a key for the treble and now the clubs most versatlie player as he will be the game opening CB who goes into DM when in posession. I remember many "fans" being worried and questioned Bayerns board how they could spend 40 million euro for a no name but praised fucking Bender... just shows how little knowledge many of our supporters have.

Vidals transfer has two purposes: Eliminating the vulnerability of counters with his pace and physique and most important: winning balls by intercepting and attacking in the opponents half to start quick counters. Pep wants to play faster and more vertical. Posession does not mean slow build up, on the contrary and that is why Vidal and possibly Di Maria will lift this Bayern team to the closest what Pep imagines.

Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Alonso are incredible players with insane technique and skill and work perfectly as holding midfielders but they all lack pace and non of them is able to press or counter press, which is essential if you play tikitaka.

RiggyRob

As per the previous discussion about media briefing on the last page, looks as if United are in for Pedro now. Both Ogden and Jackson are running with it, reputable sources for the club who are both on the tour in Seattle.

Here's a picture of Ed with the press, allegedly:

MVbN7Y9.jpg

tumblr_inline_nrao71PM7V1rut5m4_500.gif

I wouldn't mind Pedro actually, can always do with another pacy winger/wide forward. Gives competition to Di Maria and Depay, is fairly versatile, makes sense.

Unkle

I'd welcome him, too. But I'd be inclined to think that it could mean that Di Maria's on the way to PSG. Given our midfield options and the fact that Di Maria's better as a wide-left CM whilst Pedro can play wide and is used to a more possession-based 4-3-3 (which we'll presumably play) it might mean he'll go. I don't want it to happen, though. We need world class talents like him.

Unkle

tumblr_inline_nrao71PM7V1rut5m4_500.gif

I wouldn't mind Pedro actually, can always do with another pacy winger/wide forward. Gives competition to Di Maria and Depay, is fairly versatile, makes sense.

Okay, okay, Jackson is a bit of mug, and it's likely he's the journo that van Gaal had a go at. Still, he's there. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom