• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Andreas Pereira looks like the one to watch this preseason, had a solid performance in the 2nd half. Rooney doesn't have an ounce of speed left in him lol.

In my case getting the youth version and not getting the epl badges helps with the cost.

It's that expensive even without the EPL badge, but I wanted a Sturridge or Coutinho shirt. That being said the CAD is absolutely abysmal right now so I might just wait and get it in Europe or Asia if anything.

All about the third kit

wstw502.png

I very much dislike the collar. I don't really fancy collars on football kits to be honest. One of the reasons why I absolutely loathe the 2012/2013 kit. The away kit is actually the best kit from Liverpool since we let go of Adidas. Granted I do have a soft spot for the 2013/2014 home kit.

Not sure I like the New Balance logo on those kits.

I actually love it. Way less apparent than the Warrior logo.

GHG

Gold Member
For what it's worth, that video is from January when he signed his recent contract rather than leaving on a free.

This bit is from the end of it and I love it: http://gfycat.com/OpulentDeliciousArcherfish

Haha he knew all along.

In other news, Pedro to Man United looks like it's really on. Which means Di Maria will certainly be off.

Depay------Rooney------Pedro
-----------------Mata---------------
Schneiderlin---Schweinsteiger

As much as it pains me to say it, on paper that's a bloody good lineup.

raven777

Haha he knew all along.

In other news, Pedro to Man United looks like it's really on. Which means Di Maria will certainly be off.

Depay------Rooney------Pedro
-----------------Herrera---------------
Schneiderlin---Schweinsteiger

As much as it pains me to say it, on paper that's a bloody good lineup.

Switch Mata with Herrera

Mitrovic now officially signing a 5 year deal with Newcastle for €18m. The guy isn't even worth €5m. I can see him being shipped off on a loan to Southend or whatever L1 team wants him after Newcastle realize what a grave mistake they made.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just got home from work, I'm so thirsty for proper football (fuck the Gold Cup and PanAm games) that I'm watching Madrid v Roma.

In the current climate 13m for Mitrovic considering Newcastle are an English club therefore have money to burn and Ashley has to spend, plus he's still young so 13m for a big chunk of potential ain't bad.

In the current climate 13m for Mitrovic considering Newcastle are an English club therefore have money to burn and Ashley has to spend, plus he's still young so 13m for a big chunk of potential ain't bad.

Yea, maybe from Newcastle's point of view, it's worth the risk, but Anderlecht doesn't deserve that amount of money for him. Just think that he went for twice as much as KDB or Courtois....

la_briola

Mario Götze im Interview mit der chinesischen Agentur Xinhua: "Ich finde chinesisches Essen super, besonders Sushi"

LMAO, this should be understandable without a translation (Essen = food).

and don't tell me Goatse knows about the origin of Sushi before it was, what it is today.

spidye

I am already on the brink of tearing my bayern jersy apart but if götze leaves I would consider putting the jersey up the anus of rummenigge and kick him in the nuts

El Topo

I am already on the brink of tearing my bayern jersy apart but if götze leaves I would consider putting the jersey up the anus of rummenigge and kick him in the nuts

Finally someone with reason.

I love him for that

I don't need another ex con as a substitute for Götze

fucking piece of shit smuggler Rummenigge. I want to ask him if he eats shit

You're truly the best Bayern fan.

Gambit

same here. that would be the final straw for me to boycout Bayern and hope they will be bad enough for Rummenigge, Pep, Hopfner and Dreesen to get sacked.

Tubie

So looks like Benitez will play Bale as CAM or second striker this season, at least that's what he did today against Roma.

And I can't believe Benitez started with Odegaard, poor kid made the jump to a big club 3-4 years too soon.

Overall Madrid looked bad, but this is just the first pre-season game.

I don't understand the situation with dimaria. Surely someone with his achievements would be offered more than just a season to make an impact. United certainly aren't struggling for cash

So looks like Benitez will play Bale as CAM or second striker this season, at least that's what he did today against Roma.

And I can't believe Benitez started with Odegaard, poor kid made the jump to a big club 3-4 years too soon.

Overall Madrid looked bad, but this is just the first pre-season game.

What's the deal with this kid anyway? Obviously not good enough to play in the first team, but a few months ago "He couldn't be bothered to play with RM Castilla" if I remember correctly. Surely he'll go out on a loan, right?

Tubie

What's the deal with this kid anyway? Obviously not good enough to play in the first team, but a few months ago "He couldn't be bothered to play with RM Castilla" if I remember correctly. Surely he'll go out on a loan, right?

He makes about 4m euro a year and his contract says he's officially a Castilla player, but has to train with the first team. It makes no sense, he makes wayyy more than his teammates at Castilla and doesn't even train with them, I can't imagine that's a healthy environment for him.

Whoever represents this kid most likely ruined his future with this move (I hope I'm wrong tho).

I imagine he will be loaned out to some mid table La Liga team within a year or two.

He makes about 4m euro a year and his contract says he's officially a Castilla player, but has to train with the first team. It makes no sense, he makes wayyy more than his teammates at Castilla and doesn't even train with them, I can't imagine that's a healthy environment for him.

Whoever represents this kid most likely ruined his future with this move (I hope I'm wrong tho).

I imagine he will be loaned out to some mid table La Liga team within a year or two.

Ah alright, cheers. Yeah, loaning him out definitely seems like the right thing to do.

RiggyRob

I don't understand the situation with dimaria. Surely someone with his achievements would be offered more than just a season to make an impact. United certainly aren't struggling for cash

It's a combination of things really - his house got burgled, Manchester isn't Paris, he supposedly doesn't fit LVG's philosophy, he looks lightweight for a physical league like the PL. If United can get a good deal and replacement for him, then good, if he wants to stay then all power to him. He is undoubtably a world class talent though and you don't let those go lightly.

la_briola

Arsenal look pretty good.

was Goetze that good last season? i thought he wasnt really living up to his potential.

He wasn't bad, but he doesn't stand out like before. He plays more like a follower at Bayern, he hasn't found his place yet. At BVB he could do "what he wanted" and took risks that often payed off.

Klopp will rescue him next year. :lol

So, Everton were pissed off we "leaked" the Stones bid even one of the journalists who ran the story said we actually didn't then after Jose goes and talks about it, probably pissing them off further.

Not sure thats a good move, although they should probably wind their necks in over the initial bid/leak.

Sounds like they want a refund on Lukaku though, £30m it is and we'll probably meet it. Not sure central defence is where we need to spend £30m right now though, although I understand why they're doing it this summer.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
As an outsider, the Fabian Delph drama amuses me so much because he's not even worth it. Villa are going to be flirting with relegation again with or without him. If he's on City's starting 11, round of 16 at best is what they're looking at in the CL.

Hey does anyone know how long Chelsea are going to be in Montreal and where they would be in a coming days or anywhere to check that? I'm in the city currently, wouldn't mind to drop by and see one of their training sessions and get a shirt signed by Mourinho if its at all possible.

Or throw a banana at him and run. Haven't decided yet.

Best wishes.

Meier

Sounds like they want a refund on Lukaku though, £30m it is and we'll probably meet it. Not sure central defence is where we need to spend £30m right now though, although I understand why they're doing it this summer.

The Daily Mail says they'll want more than the £32m transfer fee for Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom