• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
So another short Champions League season. Fun.

Nah, even a crocked Falcao is probably better than Drogba, given his age and clear limitations (and as much as I love him <3)

Rahman will be one they want to improve so he'll get game time, Luis just never really convinced Jose unfortunately.

The big problem area for me in CM and maybe RW. Willy is perfectly good player but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired, I'm not sure Jose really wants Cuadrado either and in CM, regardless of the talent or potential of RLC, they really can't afford another season with Mikel and Ramires as the back-ups to Matic and Cesc.

All we need to do, is ship out one of Mikel/Ramires and get someone else in who can fill the role, right winger should be fine, unless they want to splash out should Cuadrado and Salah go.

Stones and Zouma will be good replacements for injured/tired/out of form JT and Cahill, I think the team will be stronger next season it just might take until September 1st for us to get it all together

It was a complete lack of gameplan and grinta, which is bizarre for a Mourinho team which walked the league largely because of their mental fortitude

I would actually argue (given we led twice at SB) that it was strangely our inability to defend that actually did us. They too over confident or something, should have seen it out after the Cahill goal

I would actually argue (given we led twice at SB) that it was strangely our inability to defend that actually did us. They too over confident or something, should have seen it out after the Cahill goal
The amount of pressure that was being exerted on your defense was ridiculous for a team playing against 10 though. They could attack almost at will as you lost the battles in the middle and up front so easily

Gambit

Topo, Vidal deal is done.

It would be somewhat amusing if Vidal changed his mind at the last minute, though.

anyway, signing him is absolutely good business. Just not convinced he is going to work with Pep. With Jupp, I am sure it would work, but with Pep? we'll see.

I hope it'll work out. Because despite all my gripes, I again watched all the bloody pre-season games so far. Bayern is my Chris Brown.

But boy, if they sold Müller, I would burn all my shirts.

Even Götze would make me boycot them until Pep and Rummenigge are gone

Poor Villa.

First the Benteke release clause. Then Delph's betrayalton. Now the dude from Lille says Villa is just a stop along the way to a bigger club.

These Reus rumblings are bizarre

It's just obviously nonsense, and the Echo have said we're not getting him, but I refuse the believe that we even tried, especially after the Benteke buy became inevitable

Would have been an FFP nightmare to buy both, and Reus was always going to either stay, or go to a better club

Jack cw

If Gaal offers 200 million Rummenigge might pick up the phone and listen to it. Just to say no though.

And Vidal was only 28 million because he wanted to go to Bayern only and asked Juve to cancel his contract
Even Götze would make me boycot them until Pep and Rummenigge are gone
Bayern are giving him a last chance this season for his breakthrough. They didn't say no to negotiations between him and Juve and let him decide if he wants to leave. Götze refused and stays with Bayern.

Should Bayern get de Bruyne then Götzes out anyway.

Unkle

So who is actually left in terms of top strikers who we've not been linked to?

Austin, Zlatan, Ronaldo, Lacazette... man, I have no idea.

Could just be yankin' our chains, may also not be a traditional striker, might be an interchangeable forward in a 4-3-3.

Gambit

If Gaal offers 200 million Rummenigge might pick up the phone and listen to it. Just to say no though.

And Vidal was only 28 million because he wanted to go to Bayern only and asked Juve to cancel his contract
Bayern are giving him a last chance this season for his breakthrough. They didn't say no to negotiations between him and Juve and let him decide if he wants to leave. Götze refused and stays with Bayern.

Should Bayern get de Bruyne then Götzes out anyway.

I think you are right that it'll be Götze or De Bruyne, but this current Götze to Juve story sounds more like Sommerloch to me. Juve want Götze, Draxler or De Bruyne as a Vidal replacement? nah, I don't buy it.

Anyway, I hope Götze will have his breakthrough this season. If not I would definitely give him one season under a different coach. Pep is just too peculiar.

In fact, I'd probably try to extend Götze's contract right now. If he makes it, we'll have secured him for a while and if he doesn't we can sell him for even more money.

Jack cw

I think you are right that it'll be Götze or De Bruyne, but this current Götze to Juve story sounds more like Sommerloch to me. Juve want Götze, Draxler or De Bruyne as a Vidal replacement? nah, I don't buy it.

Anyway, I hope Götze will have his breakthrough this season. If not I would definitely give him one season under a different coach. Pep is just too peculiar.

In fact, I'd probably try to extend Götze's contract right now. If he makes it, we'll have secured him for a while and if he doesn't we can sell him for even more money.
Marotta himself said yesterday that Götze is their favourite player but Bayern and Götze want that he stays at Bayern. If there is a chance they will wait and get him.

And Götze couldnt convince under Löw too. He was out for most of the tournament on the bench. Pep made every player better, even Rafinha and I think that Götze has to get it together this season. Costa looks like a starter on the left wing and now with vidal there is another contender he has to fight now.

The more I think about it the more he reminds me of Podolski. Huge talent but mentality like a pussy. Bayern isnt interested in di Maria or de Bruyne for no reason.

Gambit

Marotta himself said yesterday that Götze is their favourite player but Bayern and Götze want that he stays at Bayern. If there is a chance they will wait and get him.

And Götze couldnt convince under Löw too. He was out for most of the tournament on the bench. Pep made every player better, even Rafinha and I think that Götze has to get it together this season. Costa looks like a starter on the left wing and now with vidal there is another contender he has to fight now.

The more I think about it the more he reminds me of Podolski. Huge talent but mentality like a pussy. Bayern isnt interested in di Maria or de Bruyne for no reason.

I was with you for a while, Götze not convincing under Löw, but not the last comparison. Götze has more talent in his puffy cheeks than Poldi in his fabled left foot. But if you are only comparing their mentality then maybe. Although I think Götze has understood he has to work harder, something Poldi never did. Götze seems to have lost a few pounds and I hope it will give him more pace. Also, In the first half of the season I thought he was doing quite well. If he had played like that in the second half instead everyone would now say "he finally arrived".

I also don't believe that Pep made every player better. He did some, like Boateng, but not others like Müller and Schweini. To be honest, I just want him gone now. Not because he failed (which he did not), not because he is a bad coach (which he is not), but because I've simply had enough of him and his strange/crazy ideas.

I can see it already, he'll play Lahm in midfield and Vidal as RB. Lewandowski as Ribery replacement, Robben up top and Müller on the right. Alaba in DM, so he can fit his precious Bernat in and Rafinha as CB.

It all sounds crazy, but each of these has already happened (except for Vidal of course).

Jack cw

Pep has a plan and he finally did what Heynckes would have done anyway. Giving the midfield a boost in pace and determination. Müller extended under Guardiola, he had his best season in his career so far with over 40 scorers in 60 games and is one of the leaders in that squad. Müller reached worldclass.

Götze has to play left attacker most of the time and simply lacked pace and physique. Its amazing what an upgrade Costa is now. Mario needs to play as CAM behind Lewandowski but that position is locked by Müller. Even if Götze delivers he either needs to win against Müller or Vidal. Unless Vidal plays the 6 and Thiago and Götze in CM.

Kickz

City v Roma game currently on Sky Sports 1, cracking game so far, Raheem Sterling goal on his debut!

tumblr_nru4doOO2h1rjev45o1_1280.jpg

Sterling and Silva will be a joy to watch this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom