• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
They need to spend every penny on that team or Villa are gonna be in for a right scrap this season.

Well Adebayor won't help. That guys attitude stinks. Can't imagine him being up for the battle when they are battling it out at the bottom.

Sherwood needs to spend wisely. Players with the right attitude and premiership experience will be important.

Well Adebayor won't help. That guys attitude stinks. Can't imagine him being up for the battle when they are battling it out at the bottom.

Sherwood needs to spend wisely. Players with the right attitude and premiership experience will be important.

Tim got a lot out of him during his brief stint as Tottenham manager. I suspect his transfer fee won't be that big given how Spurs are desperate to get rid of him, a short contract (2 years?) and it could actually turn out to be a pretty decent move.

His attitude does stink though so its always a risk but thats why teaming up with Timmy could be the best move.

On an unrelated note, seems that basically the club have told Jose to use the same squad as he had last season. Stones is thought to be a replacement for Luis even though he doesn't play left back so.... yeh, good luck with that title defence. We only need 1 or 2 more players (CM) but they don't seem interested in that

Still make Chelsea clear favourites for the title, injuries permitting as I don't think they have much depth in quality.

Quite excited about Benteke, maybe that's wishful thinking and delusion, but still.

Time to put pressure on Balotelli, Borini and Lambert to leave.

Still make Chelsea clear favourites for the title, injuries permitting as I don't think they have much depth in quality.

Quite excited about Benteke, maybe that's wishful thinking and delusion, but still.

Time to put pressure on Balotelli, Borini and Lambert to leave.
West Brom are interested in Lambert apparently.

West Brom are interested in Lambert apparently.

He'd do okay there I think. Would probably be happy for him to go for a nominal fee. Balotelli is the one we need to get right, getting his wages off the books would be handy, and someone out there is probably stupid enough (as we were) to pay a big fee for him.

I would too because I still think our first team is easily the best in the country. We have some great players who are very settled and work well together.

Im just frustrated they aren't willing to fix the problems in the team which is what ultimately will come to bite us in the ass come next season. Im not suggesting we go and spend £20m-£30m on each position but we could recoup some relatively decent fees with some sales too.

la_briola

r/soccer said:
So, here's the Biggest spending clubs and trophies won by them in the last 5 years (counting the confirmed transfers of 15/16):

1 - Manchester City €628.25M : 5 trophies - Premier League (2 times), FA Cup, Community Shield, League Cup

2 - Chelsea €609.85M : 5 trophies - Premier League, Champions league, Europa League, FA Cup, League Cup

3 - Manchester United €534.86M : 4 trophies - Premier League (2 times), 2 Community Shields

4 - Real Madrid €522.5M : 7 trophies - La Liga, Champions league, 2 CDRs, Supercopa de Espana, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club WC

5 - Barcelona €479M : 12 trophies - La Liga (3 times), 2 Champions leagues, 3 Supercopas de Espana, FIFA Club WC, UEFA Super Cup, 2 CDRs

6 - PSG €470.95M : 8 trophies - Ligue 1 (3 times), 2 Coupe de La Ligue, 2 Trophée des champions, Coupe de France

7 - Liverpool €437.94M : 1 trophy - League Cup (sorry)

8 - Juventus €400.83M : 6 trophies - Serie A (4 times), Supercoppa, Coppa Italia

Poor Liverpool :'(

Gross spending is helpful to consider too. In Liverpool's case it helps to highlight how barren the squad was after the Benitez/Hicks-Gillett era. And how punch drunk the transfer committee has been.

DBT85

Crazy that most of that united spending has come since winning the league.

£288m spent (accoding to transferleague) 413 euro if converted today.

JardeL

Kiko Casilla still doesn't have a number.

Florentino saving that #1 for DDG.

Not anymore

xoKO8Xh.png

[ http://www.realmadrid.com/en/football/squad ]

pulsemyne

Blatters reply of "we need to clean up" could easily construed as "We need to launder this money". Fairs does to Lee Nelson though that was damn good.

Meier

Man City or Turkish NT fans, could you educate me on Enes Unal?

There was a Turkish poster who came in and commented about him briefly -- he is excited to see how he develops abroad. Enes is the first Turkish player that City has signed so it's a big accomplishment for him:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171158363&postcount=2196

He's been a "wonderkid" on Football Manager for a few years now due to the fact he's been in and around the senior Bursapor team and has been capped by Turkey's senior side already. He scored 4 goals in 35 games for Bursapor but most were as a sub so his goals per minute ratio was something 1 per 130 minutes. Genk has developed a lot of talent in recent years so that would be a wonderful loan for him -- fingers crossed.

There was a Turkish poster who came in and commented about him briefly -- he is excited to see how he develops abroad. Enes is the first Turkish player that City has signed so it's a big accomplishment for him:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171158363&postcount=2196

He's been a "wonderkid" on Football Manager for a few years now due to the fact he's been in and around the senior Bursapor team and has been capped by Turkey's senior side already. He scored 4 goals in 35 games for Bursapor but most were as a sub so his goals per minute ratio was something 1 per 130 minutes. Genk has developed a lot of talent in recent years so that would be a wonderful loan for him -- fingers crossed.

Thanks for little write up, appreciate it. Sounds like a perfect marriage, cause Genk really needs to some offense upcoming season. Easily one the worst teams in terms of goals scored, so the kid would get a lot of opportunities and playing time.

Meier

Speaking of Man City youth products, someone put together a video of all of Manu Garcia's touches from the friendly vs Melbourne City the other night. He was one of the absolute stand out performers and seeing this video, it confirms it wasn't just 3-4:00 AM delirium talking.

https://youtu.be/ulBlT7HDAlI

Looking forward to seeing how he develops. He was completely comfortable and didn't look out of place at all. Think he's ready for a big loan already.

Filipe Luis back to Atletico on loan for €3m with an option for a second year at the same amount.

Worth noting he only signed a 3 year deal with us so... presumably he will go to Atletico for free at the end of it, there is a redemption option at the end of the first year too, though.

Strange deal, we're very much doing them a favour.

Welcome to Stamford Bridge Koke/Griezmann!

Looks like Felipe Luis is going back to Atlético. Pretty dissapointed tbh.

Guess we will be bringing in Rahman now.

Now begins the campaign.

Full name: Abdul Rahman Baba, we need to get the fans onside, change it to Alan.

Then we can have a back 4 of: Dave (Azpili) John (Terry/Stones) Happy (Zouma) and Alan. I didn't really think Luis was a good signing at the time either, strange one, hopefully this begins the process of moving out a few other players too

I wonder if Roman is gonna make one big splashy singing, just for the headlines.

(I want one big splashy signing)

Nope. 1 out 1 in.

Cech out -> Begovic in
Drogba out -> Falcao in
Luis out -> Rahman (Alan) in

Will be the same for other positions except for Salah, he will go and Jose etc will pocket the dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom