• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Pepern trying to leave Bayern with no Germans on the squad. Fans gonna riot.

Januzaj is dead, all hail the new king of hype Andreas Pereira. May watch first half tonight, 2nd half when I wake up. Dam 11 PM EST games.

Anyone else ever pondered on how odd it must be to transfer as a player? You get a couple days to say goodbye to the the guys you've been working with for a long while, then you uproot and go to a completely different place, and have to get onto training pretty quickly. Then you've gotta deal with a buncha people who've once been opposition, half know from events, and only seen on TV, a few of them they're competing with for a spot. Do they get an introduction to everyone in the dressing room? Do the other players only warm up to them after a few weeks? Do they have banter about the ridiculous transfer fee? Whisper about what wage the new kid is getting?

Must be surreal, but like getting a new job anywhere I guess. Food for thought.

Anyone else ever pondered on how odd it must be to transfer as a player? You get a couple days to say goodbye to the the guys you've been working with for a long while, then you uproot and go to a completely different place, and have to get onto training pretty quickly. Then you've gotta deal with a buncha people who've once been opposition, half know from events, and only seen on TV, a few of them they're competing with for a spot. Do they get an introduction to everyone in the dressing room? Do the other players only warm up to them after a few weeks? Do they have banter about the ridiculous transfer fee? Whisper about what wage the new kid is getting?

With the money most of the top footballers make. I'm sure most of them don't mind.
I will uproot this very second if I get an offer of about 10k a week to play the sport I love.

I suspect most of the time the management will try to pick someone who has something in common with the new guy, either language spoken, ex-team mate, from the same country etc and they'll just settle in with someone they know.

I doubt wages are discussed much either, sounds like the sort of thing to fracture a dressing room immediately

TM94

Welcome to Newcastle Aleksandar Mitrovic.

CKbWicSXAAAbe1s.jpg

Love how he's supposed to be completely crazy, we've been needing someone like that for ages.

Shearer is one of his idols as well.

460206894.jpg

Looks like Lambert is heading out of Liverpool... Great new so I don't have to hear the commentators say how he was a boyhood Liverpool supporter and his "story" every time he came on the pitch.

Lunar FC

Looks like Lambert is heading out of Liverpool... Great new so I don't have to hear the commentators say how he was a boyhood Liverpool supporter and his "story" every time he came on the pitch.

Seriously, every single comment about him ended with "for his boyhood club"

Unkle

Mirror and BBC are reporting that the United mystery striker is Llorente. I don't follow Italian football, how is he?

Good backup to Rooney but that'd be a little underwhelming if I'm honest. That being said, he offers something different and if he's cheap enough and doesn't mind playing second fiddle then I wouldn't be adverse to it. Still think it's unlikely, however.

Llorente? Interesting. He can't be worse than Falcao.

Watched video of Mitrovic getting a straight red violent behaviour, making the sign of the cross, and then chasing the ref around. Glorious stuff.

Unkle

United pre-season match recap:

- Shaw, for the 45 minutes he played, was immense.
- Pereira is hungry and desperate to show that he wants to be in contention for selection come the start of the season.
- Schneiderlin's composure and ability to spray balls wide is beautiful.
- Mata's not going to be displaced in a hurry. Constant threat.

- Pereira is hungry and desperate to show that he wants to be in contention for selection come the start of the season.

-Blackett is fucking useless

Llorente is an interesting one he would give us something and would get plenty of service and balls in the air.

I thought he was off to Madrid?

Yeah he's forever known to me as 'The Ricky Lambert Story'. Simelar to 'Brave Harry Kane'. Media bullshit gets on my tits.

Wish old man Lambert luck though. He's a good sort, just doesn't really fit with what we need.

Belgian media reporting that Man City are doing everything they can to get KDB and got a huge 6 year contract wiating for him. Want to open negotiations with Wolfsburg. Reported fee would be anywhere between €70-€84m.

GHG

Gold Member
Belgian media reporting that Man City are doing everything they can to get KDB and got a huge 6 year contract wiating for him. Want to open negotiations with Wolfsburg. Reported fee would be anywhere between €70-€84m.

Excuse me, how much?

What would that mean for Yaya Toure then? Or is it Nasri who should be more worried?

Jarnet87

-Blackett is fucking useless

I'm hoping we start to see some changes for the 3rd preseason game this saturday.

-Pereira has been the star of the preseason after 2 games.
-Great to see Depay get a goal. Needs to work on getting into the box more to support the striker. might be better to play Mata centrally though he often drifts centrally from the right.
- Carrick/Schneirderlin/Schweinsteiger are better suited for controlling the game but so far have shown a lack of ability to support the attack. This is where Herrera is crucial, and maybe Di Maria as well. Against teams that are gonna park the bus we could use Carrick, Schweinsteiger, or Schneiderlin as the DM/Holding midfielder and play Herrera and Di Maria to support the attack.
- the back line is still dookie.

Meier

Wolfsburg quoted Juve €60m apparently. If City can get him for that price or even a small premium on it, I'd bite their hand off. I am a big fan of his and am desperate to see KDB at City.

As it stands, City have 18 foreign players over 21 in the squad since Bruno Zuculini returned. He'll most definitely be off on loan again, but we'll need to get rid of at least 1 other player (Dzeko or Jovetic) to fit in de Bruyne.

Tenebrous

Wolfsburg quoted Juve €60m apparently. If City can get him for that price or even a small premium on it, I'd bite their hand off. I am a big fan of his and am desperate to see KDB at City.

As it stands, City have 18 foreign players over 21 in the squad since Bruno Zuculini returned. He'll most definitely be off on loan again, but we'll need to get rid of at least 1 other player (Dzeko or Jovetic) to fit in de Bruyne.

KDB was fucking immense whenever I caught Wolfsburg on BT Sport. Would be a huge signing for anyone in the league.

I wouldn't mind us getting Dzeko or Jovetic, but we'd have to move on all our non-important strikers for that (Borini/Lambert/Balotelli) to be even a possibility. Hell, what about a trade - Sturridge for Dzeko & cash? You get a slightly broken English player, and we get a not as good player that will be at least fit for 30 games a season.

As long as we still get Benteke, of course. Sick of waiting.

Question is if his game translates well to the EPL. Which is still a big 'if'. Especially for that fee, he better be as good there as he was at the BL.

Question is if his game translates well to the EPL. Which is still a big 'if'. Especially for that fee, he better be as good there as he was at the BL.

He looked good when he was at Chelsea but for some reason not good enough for Mou.

He has all the attributes to be good and consistently good in the leagues he is the type of player you break the bank for and never look back.

Oh and plus this is City the price doesn't matter.

He looked good when he was at Chelsea but for some reason not good enough for Mou.

He has all the attributes to be good and consistently good in the leagues he is the type of player you break the bank for and never look back.

Oh and plus this is City the price doesn't matter.

I don't think he looked good for us at all, unless you mean when he was out on loan? If we looked good he would have got more of a chance, but as it was he told the club he couldn't compete with the other players available and was subsequently sold iirc.

Meier

Think the fact Courtois hooked up with KDB's girlfriend didn't help matters. He wanted out as Chelsea had nothing to offer him. It was clearly a very good decision.

Think the fact Courtois hooked up with KDB's girlfriend didn't help matters. He wanted out as Chelsea had nothing to offer him. It was clearly a very good decision.

I don't think Jose is the sort of manager who would have tolerated that sort of issue. I think it came down to his training, performances and attitude, which ultimately he wasn't impressed by for one reason or another.

Balotelli never ceases to amaze.

Scores a single league goal.

Gets on twitter to tell Liverpool fans to support Sterling at City.

And of course Inter don't want him.

GHG

Gold Member
Balotelli never ceases to amaze.

Scores a single league goal.

Gets on twitter to tell Liverpool fans to support Sterling at City.

And of course Inter don't want him.

Can't believe I wanted Arsenal to take a punt on him around the time Liverpool got him.

The guy's a liability.

Meier

Liverpool fans are generally speaking pretty awful. He was just trying to say something positive about his friend. Their fans need to learn how to grow up and quit being so overwhelmingly negative.

King_Moc

Banned
Liverpool fans are generally speaking pretty awful. He was just trying to say something positive about his friend. Their fans need to learn how to grow up and quit being so overwhelmingly negative.

No, Balotelli needs to use his brain and realise that that's not going to go over well. Why would Liverpool fans want Sterling to "Keep it up" and score lots of goals for City???

Hmm. Sending the guy abuse is wrong but it was a pretty stupid thing to say. It's not like Sterling left on the best of terms - indicating he wanted to leave in an interview he didn't tell the club anything about, refusing to go to training because he was 'ill' etc. Any club's supporters would be pretty unhappy with how things turned out, not just Liverpool fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom