• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Hmm. Sending the guy abuse is wrong but it was a pretty stupid thing to say. It's not like Sterling left on the best of terms - indicating he wanted to leave in an interview he didn't tell the club anything about, refusing to go to training because he was 'ill' etc. Any club's supporters would be pretty unhappy with how things turned out, not just Liverpool fans.

That's fine, be unhappy about it -- but move on, it's done. Don't be racist assholes and/or hurl insults. It's embarrassing and it's pathetic. Sterling was ill, the club doctor told him to stay away from training. He came back and trained after the 48 hours were up. I'm sure many people saw the quote from a caller on Talksport.. it's like trying to leave Scientology with Liverpool.

What's worse, having a player you want to keep leave on a free or leaving with a £35-40m profit? No one holds any ill will at Mario just as no one will hold ill will at Dzeko or any other number of players who leave City. Adebayor and Tevez were both fuckheads at various times at City, but such is life. Why would it be worth bitching and moaning about them every moment we get the chance? I loved seeing Carlitos do well at Juventus. I loved it when Mario was doing well at Milan.

€100m for Müller?

I like him, but eeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.

Liverpool fans are generally speaking pretty awful. He was just trying to say something positive about his friend. Their fans need to learn how to grow up and quit being so overwhelmingly negative.

3/10

edit: Oh you WERE being serious.

1/16

That's fine, be unhappy about it -- but move on, it's done. Don't be racist assholes and/or hurl insults. It's embarrassing and it's pathetic. Sterling was ill, the club doctor told him to stay away from training. He came back and trained after the 48 hours were up. I'm sure many people saw the quote from a caller on Talksport.. it's like trying to leave Scientology with Liverpool.

What's worse, having a player you want to keep leave on a free or leaving with a £35-40m profit?

Totally agree but saying Liverpool fans are some of the worst for doing this seems a bit harsh. Every club has arsehole supporters.

Meier

3/10

edit: Oh you WERE being serious.

1/16

100% serious. Every team's board is a bit of a laughing stock, but none more than RAWK. Their fans are generally speaking overwhelmingly deluded and live in a world of their own. GAF has always been lucky to have good Liverpool fans as posters, but they are far from the norm.

He shouldn't have said a single word, considering his status with the fans and the world of football at the moment + Sterling's status with the fans and the world of football at the moment.

He was bound to get hate and ridiculous comments. He's 24 and has been through a lot in his life. He should've been smarter than saying anything at all on Twitter. I guess it would've been different had he been actually useful last season. Even people like Sturridge or Henderson haven't said anything.

Best wishes.

Liverpool fans are generally speaking pretty awful. He was just trying to say something positive about his friend. Their fans need to learn how to grow up and quit being so overwhelmingly negative.

Behave

Any fanbase has a massive section of fans who would react the exact same way

1) Nobody in our fanbase wants Sterling to do well for City
2) He basically had a go at Sterling's critics, aka Liverpool fans
3) Balotelli himself is shite, lazy and infuriating

He either enjoys being abused, or he really is as stupid as he sometimes seems.

I don't condone the abuse at all, let alone the racist stuff which would ideally be dealt with by the police, but you can't kick a hornets nest and then complain when you get stung. I'm sure Sterling got on well, and still does, with players in our squad. But no Liverpool fan wants to hear current Liverpool players wishing Sterling luck after he left in such pitiful circumstances.

GAF has always been lucky to have good Liverpool fans as posters, but they are far from the norm.

Why thanks!

I still don't know how one quantifies which fanbase is crappiest.

Meier said:
What's worse, having a player you want to keep leave on a free or leaving with a £35-40m profit? No one holds any ill will at Mario just as no one will hold ill will at Dzeko or any other number of players who leave City.

Well, of course. No one bats an eye when the 'mercenary' (for lack of a better term) player departs.

But City fans will once a 'home-grown' player manufactures his transfer to another PL club.

Benteke deal is done.

4595__4942__bentekemain1000_517X310.jpg

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189394-liverpool-complete-benteke-signing

Don't be shit, don't be shit, don't be shit....

We have one of the worst transfer record in the past decade, so I'm extremely wary about this...

As a fellow Belgian, I really hope he'll do our country proud and manages to live up to his transfer fee.

Also, The New Saints are pulling off some serious Football Manager stuff in the CL:

Bshoc22.png

Meier

Tekkers is going to be a great signing. The fee is kind of irrelevant to be honest.. the top clubs in the PL have a lot to spend, so it makes no sense to not spend it. Think he'll get back to that ~20 or so mark he was at in his first season.

Oh fabulous. I hope he keeps a consistent form, and can be the powerhouse up front we're lacking. Looking forward to the Bentekkers, Benheaders, Benshotters, and Bencurlers (Benders if you will).

Just close enough.

So I came across the Football Ramble podcast purely by accident. Now I'm addicted and listening to shows from seasons past. Knowing me I'll binge hard and then hate them come September.

How much do they lose when you're not in the moment?

Only started listening at the end of 13/14, not sure whether to go back further.

How much do they lose when you're not in the moment?

Only started listening at the end of 13/14, not sure whether to go back further.

They hold up surprisingly well - at least to the end of the 12/13 season.

According to one of the founding members, the first few years arent that good, something to keep in mind.

They hold up surprisingly well - at least to the end of the 12/13 season.

According to one of the founding members, the first few years arent that good, something to keep in mind.

Bruv, I listened to Bobby Moore's Time Machine or whatever it was called. Genuinely the worst thing I've ever heard, and I've caught the early rounds of Britain's Got Talent on occasion.

I think Benteke will do well at Liverpool. What I noticed when I saw him for Villa was that he was always a threat when he was isolated against the centerbacks; any 50/50 ball lumped up in that situation had potential.

Hopefully we sign an actual defensive midfielder and some quality defenders now..

I too think Tekegol will do a decent job for us.

But wtf will happen to Balotelli? It seems like literally *no one* wants to go near him.

GHG

Gold Member
I think some people are in for a shock with Benteke.

He is much more dynamic and has better technique than many people realise due to the system he played in at Villa.

I'd have taken him at Arsenal to replace Giroud up front. The guy has huge potential.

Blablurn

Hitzfeld: Bayern needs to pay attention not to have too many foreign players...

Alright Mr. Hitzfeld. Let's look back at your CL winning team from 2001.

CKk2tNfWEAA-aNK.png:large

I think some people are in for a shock with Benteke.

He is much more dynamic and has better technique than many people realise due to the system he played in at Villa.

I'd have taken him at Arsenal to replace Giroud up front. The guy has huge potential.

I think Tekkers was a number of clubs back up plan thanks to the large buy out clause.

Let's purse [insert name of striker here] and if we miss out we can activate Bentekes buyout clause because nobody is gonna pay that until the last day of the window, right?

Wrong. Liverpool mugged everyone off it's a great move for both parties.

Blablurn

The new avatar will be universal enough.

Edit:
Regarding your criticism of Hitzfeld's comment, going over his years at Bayern, it seems the percentage of German players definitely used to be higher.

well, you had your weinzierls, wiesingers and feulners... i admit that

sam777

Disappointed that it looks like we're selling Di Maria after one season, I would rather keep him. Anyway Pedro seems like a decent enough replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom