• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unkle

The physicality of the Premier League is oftentimes overstated. It's tough, sure, but I still don't believe that it's such a significant barrier that Messi couldn't overcome it. The likes of Silva, Mata, Herrera, Aguero (bulkier now), Cazorla have all had that whole ''they'll be ineffective due to the physicality of the Premier League'' spiel before and they've been incredibly successful. There's been others, too. Obviously Messi would be targeted more vehemently but he's also the best at rolling challenges as they come; commit too much into a tackle and he's shifted his weight and ran past you before you've even clipped him.

Besides that - Bar OG Adam - Stoke have shifted their style and focus under Hughes.

bjaelke

JS68756077.jpg

I can't stop staring.
Markovic is a classy little player but is definitely at the stage where, like Ibe, he needs games to really kick on.
I thought he did well last year for his first season, especially considering his age.
The red card he got early on seemed to knock him a bit which was a shame.
Agreed. Bit too early to write him off. Unlike certain other players he never got a consistent run of games.

Jack cw

I've always felt that Bayern was a bit of a strange team. On paper, they're probably tied with Barca as the strongest team in the world (maybe even better when you consider all areas equally) but it never quite works out.
No team in recent history was able to win CL back to back.
New coach, squad needed time to adapt.
Last season half of the squad was injured. A B-team managed to reach the CL semis, cup, and won Bundesliga.
On paper our team of the first 15 players might be the strongest but when half of them, especially the wingers are injured we become rather average.

norinrad

Oh god I hope the mystery player is not Ronaldo.

Fans would love to see him back, but i doubt he fits into the current line up. LvG is the boss and no player is bigger then him or even the Club.

Not going to work with Ronaldo's ego. Unlike most managers LvG makes the decisions and not the players or you'd be on the next bus.

Jack cw

Fantastic goal from Benzema.

Christ RM are destroying Man City. Ronaldo goal 4 mins later.

Great pressing from madrid.
I like how aggressive they are in recovering the ball so early. City has nothing against this. Probably the weakest "big club" when it comes to overcome the first attacking line of the opposition and in general very vulnerable to early pressing.

P44

Great pressing from madrid.
I like how aggressive they are in recovering the ball so early. City has nothing against this. Probably the weakest "big club" when it comes to overcome the first attacking line of the opposition and in general very vulnerable to early pressing.

The occasion definitely got to Delph. Playing it like it was CL finals or some shit loool.

But yeah, they need to sort their shit out. 50m spent on sterling would have been better spent on competent defensive players.

But yeah, they need to sort their shit out. 50m spent on sterling would have been better spent on competent defensive players.

Probably. But they couldn't turn down then opportunity to sign one of England's best young talents *and* potentially peg back a rival club in the process.

Tubie

There must be a lot of Liverpool fans in Australia, because Sterling was getting booed every time he touched the ball.

Reckon Rodgers will start Firmino against Stoke? Benteke's a no brainer.

Depends if he slots straight in during the remaining preseason matches

If there's one thing I like about Stoke, they recognise a potential weakness, target the fuck out of it, and make them into a weakness that they otherwise might not have been.

I'm more worried about the fact that Lovren has started the last 2 friendlies

Meier

Mangala was ill so City played a 16 year old who was a part of the U18 squad last year and 20 year old CB who is just coming back from loan and getting used to playing with the squad. I think it'll be fine but I'm not happy with our fullback situation -- I don't think we can get rid of Kolarov so we're a bit hamstrung there sadly. I liked the Sagna idea but it hasn't really come off as useful.

GHG

Gold Member
Yeh I feel like Ranieri in his pomp at the moment.

I've gone from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 with my starting formations lately. Can't decide on what to do...

Kane or Rooney, Yaya or Sterling, Cazorla or Walcott or Ozil, do I squeeze Cesc in a 5 man midfield...?

So many uncertainties.

The only players 100% locked in my team at the moment are Costa and Hazard.

Franco di Santo uses a release clause in his contract (6m €) and leaves Werder Bremen for Schalke. Just two weeks ago di Santo said: "I have many offers but I declined all of them because I want to stay at Werder". I wonder what changed.... €€€€

So that's Pedro in then.

Fuck sake I wanted him to have a chance till at least Jan.

But I guess if the price is right and suitable replacement is available you've gotta do business.

I know but we took a gamble with Di Maria and it just didn't pay off.

My dream replacement would be Antoine Griezmann but that'll never happen.

nitewulf

We are looking really good here. Hope Lacazette likes what he sees and want to join us.

yeah hell with Lacazette, he will be overpriced for no good reason, at least even if super expensive, Benzema will be an actual upgrade. Or Cavani, if record breaking transfer reports are to be believed.

Godan

Yeah but realistically its only really him or Benzema I can see us getting and its seems more and more likely that Real don't want to sell him.

If I could pick a striker for us to get but I would love us to go for Lewandowski but don't think he would leave Germany.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
yeah hell with Lacazette, he will be overpriced for no good reason, at least even if super expensive, Benzema will be an actual upgrade. Or Cavani, if record breaking transfer reports are to be believed.

My sources have just confirmed that we are signing Benzema and Martinez tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom