• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

#BelieveInVidal
I'd be over the moon if we signed him. But it's a very ambitious transfer to make in our current circumstances and in Juve's too. They'll be desperate to hold onto him. I just want us to bring in good midfielders this summer. Probably won't be Vidal, but I won't mind as long as they're a decent upgrade on who we have at the moment.

Christ, now I remember that Moyes passed on Thiago and missed out on De Rossi because they didn't know when Roma's last day to negotiate was. Then he bid for fucking Khedira.

I'd be over the moon if we signed him. But it's a very ambitious transfer to make in our current circumstances and in Juve's too. They'll be desperate to hold onto him. I just want us to bring in good midfielders this summer. Probably won't be Vidal, but I won't mind as long as they're a decent upgrade on who we have at the moment.

Christ, now I remember that Moyes passed on Thiago and missed out on De Rossi because they didn't know when Roma's last day to negotiate was. Then he bid for fucking Khedira.

Vidal
De Jong

What other options do we have?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
De Jong would be a very good signing for United, they need a player like him. Fletcher is finished and Fellaini can't play in the centre. For £8m that would be a no-brainer. He would make their midfield better and stop teams from just running straight through United's spine like they have done for the last 2 years.

Barzul

I really want Willy C in our midfield. Such a physical presence. We'd be so dominant with him next to Ramsey.

Jarnet87

Carrick's injury has really fucked us. Now we need that new cm more than ever. I've read that Herrera can play as a deep lying midfielder, but I think he was bought with the attack in mind rather than to control a game. Nobody to control the game and nobody who can shield the defence.

Fletcher and Herrera is our best midfield pairing at the moment. It might not be so terrible if Mata is allowed to play in an attacking midfield role.

Clegg

Just heard that Mc Ilroys dad bet £100 that his son would win the British Open by the time he was 25. Rory was 15 at the time and his dad got odds of 500/1.

He's 25 right now and his dad has won £50k.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Raid 2 is 2 hours and 30 mins long?

Fuck off. Just stick him in a building and force him to fight his out way out like a rabid dog, I don't need a story or to get emotionally attached to anyone ffs

Wilbur

Banned

Fuck off. Just stick him in a building and force him to fight like a rabid dog, I don't need a story or to get emotionally attached to anyone ffs

This was my problem with it. Far too much story that I've seen in a million films before, acted by a million better actors, in an attempt to make it an epic.

Slizz

Fuck off. Just stick him in a building and force him to fight like a rabid dog, I don't need a story or to get emotionally attached to anyone ffs

Damn thats long.

Fucking Snowpiercer felt long as shit..... It was decent movie but some of the shit that happens lol.... just so fucking ridiculous and I'm not even trying to be ultra 'logical'. I enjoyed it however, the reactions of my friends after they saw it was worth it.

Clegg

Fletcher and Herrera is our best midfield pairing at the moment. It might not be so terrible if Mata is allowed to play in an attacking midfield role.
Fletcher was woeful last season. I'd be sick if he was a regular starter next season. He can't put in those massive defensive shifts anymore. Doesn't have the stamina. As Usho says, De Jong would be a decent option for a couple of seasons. Would strengthen us defensively and give us more time to find cm's that can improve us in the long term.

Linius

Fuck off. Just stick him in a building and force him to fight his out way out like a rabid dog, I don't need a story or to get emotionally attached to anyone ffs

It's pretty good actually. It's nothing new, but they pull it off quite well. I'm glad they've gone this way because otherwise it would have just been a simple repeat of the first film.

The Raid 2 > The Raid for me.

Hixx

It's why I have no intention of watching it.

Unless your action film is also either fucking hilarious or has a story that is more than "dude gets into place and has to fight his way out" there is no reason for your film to be over 90 minutes long.

rvy

Banned
terribleidea4zot1.png

German football is irrelevant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This was my problem with it. Far too much story that I've seen in a million films before, acted by a million better actors, in an attempt to make it an epic.
We were planning to watch it tonight but anything over 1h 30 min puts her to sleep and she switches off :lol now I don't want that :(

And anything with a heavy plot basically

L1NETT

It's pretty good actually. It's nothing new, but they pull it off quite well. I'm glad they've gone this way because otherwise it would have just been a simple repeat of the first film.

The Raid 2 > The Raid for me.

Yup

Acting was much better in the second too. For a film so long it flew by. Actually what a sequel should be rather than a retread of what was essentially one long and confined fight scene in the first.

Wilbur

Banned
It's why I have no intention of watching it.

Unless your action film is also either fucking hilarious or has a story that is more than "dude gets into place and has to fight his way out" there is no reason for your film to be over 90 minutes long.

Its story is more than that, to be honest. It's just not executed brilliantly.

Fight scenes are still really good but there's less variety in them. A lot of them all feel like the Mad Dog one from the first one, save for a really cool car chase and some shit with a baseball bat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom