• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Yup

Acting was much better in the second too. For a film so long it flew by. Actually what a sequel should be rather than a retread of what was essentially one long and confined fight scene in the first.

Yeah, they managed to get a lot of respected and well known actors from the Indonesian film industry. Guys the director thought they were never going to be able to get for this film. The fact that the film is shot in beautiful ways also works of course. Take the scenes at the restaurant for example, they're dialogue heavy but also stunning to watch as the camera slowly approaches them sitting at the table. And there are still 19 major fight scenes troughout the movie. But now they have more meaning than in the first film.

Linius

Its story is more than that, to be honest. It's just not executed brilliantly.

Fight scenes are still really good but there's less variety in them. A lot of them all feel like the Mad Dog one from the first one, save for a really cool car chase and some shit with a baseball bat

That's false. Hell they took 18 months to prepare the fights. They've hired new choreographers to bring the fighting to a higher level and include more variety in them. Everything about them is more complicated and diverse compared the the first film.

And that Godfather style execution scene (montage) was so fucking brilliant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't expect that much feedback! Thnx ♡

Damn thats long.

Fucking Snowpiercer felt long as shit..... It was decent movie but some of the shit that happens lol.... just so fucking ridiculous and I'm not even trying to be ultra 'logical'. I enjoyed it however, the reactions of my friends after they saw it was worth it.

Snowpiercer was so amusing because their protein bars looked EXACTLY like the protein bars I eat everyday :lol. Yeah it wasn't that bad, or that good either. That guy who fucked everyone was jokes too :lol and I laughed so hard when
Ed Harris appeared
. OF COUESE ITS HIM :lol

Verdict: she slept during the movie and I was semi-bored.

It's pretty good actually. It's nothing new, but they pull it off quite well. I'm glad they've gone this way because otherwise it would have just been a simple repeat of the first film.

The Raid 2 > The Raid for me.
Yeah? I liked the first one, it was as overhyped as Adnan, but I still enjoyed it.
It's why I have no intention of watching it.

Unless your action film is also either fucking hilarious or has a story that is more than "dude gets into place and has to fight his way out" there is no reason for your film to be over 90 minutes long.
EXACTLY! Who the hell watches these movies for their plots anyway?

Wilbur

Banned
That's false. Hell they took 18 months to prepare the fights. They've hired new choreographers to bring the fighting to a higher level and include more variety in them. Everything about them is more complicated and diverse compared the the first film.

And that Godfather style execution scene (montage) was so fucking brilliant.

I don't think they are all more complicated. The one in the mud was great for a minute or two and then was the exact same thing. Even the one in the kitchen at the end was just endless slapping away of hands and shit.

The fact that there was far more hand to hand fighting as opposed to use of weapons and the environment in the first one means they lost a ton of diversity in the actual fighting. The choreography was massively impressive, and they were still good. But some of them were just too long, like the Mad Dog fight.

The Raid 2 is 2 hours and 30 mins long?

Fuck off. Just stick him in a building and force him to fight his out way out like a rabid dog, I don't need a story or to get emotionally attached to anyone ffs

The plot is fucking dogshit

The martial arts is god tier though

Edit: Although some of it is bullshit. He gets the back of his knee sliced up and can still run around and throw kicks to the head. He wouldn't even be able to stand in rl.

Linius

I don't think they are all more complicated. The one in the mud was great for a minute or two and then was the exact same thing. Even the one in the kitchen at the end was just endless slapping away of hands and shit.

The fact that there was far more hand to hand fighting as opposed to use of weapons and the environment in the first one means they lost a ton of diversity in the actual fighting. The choreography was massively impressive, and they were still good. But some of them were just too long, like the Mad Dog fight.

I think adding a variety of weapons that are not guns helped a lot with spicing up the fights in the sequel. Especially the grand finale, all the way from entering that warehouse up till the end. And that chick gave hammertime a new definition :p

L1NETT

Good, fuck action movies. Except the ones that are really silly, Mortal Kombat is great.

Edit : and I'm not going to read subtitles. This is America.

what do you watch m8

is it all grey detective shows like forbydelsen of whatever The Killing is actually called

what do you watch m8

is it all grey detective shows like forbydelsen of whatever The Killing is actually called

No I don't like that either. I don't really watch a lot of movies, or even tv shows anymore. Only tv show I am still up to date with is mad men.

Did watch all 8 hours of Nymphomaniac or however long it was though.
isqXVhUdN3brW.png

Blablurn

No I don't like that either. I don't really watch a lot of movies, or even tv shows anymore. Only tv show I am still up to date with is mad men.

Did watch all 8 hours of Nymphomaniac or however long it was though.
isqXVhUdN3brW.png

was there a lot of sex? and how was the sex?

jtb

Banned
Ospina is a good signing. Covered almost all of our needs at this point, hopefully we get one more big signing along with a defensive midfielder.

Linius

I must say 2014 has been pretty great so far for me.

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
2. The Raid 2
3. The Lego Movie
4. The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
5. Godzilla

Next up should be Boyhood when I come back from holiday.

Slizz

I must say 2014 has been pretty great so far for me.

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
2. The Raid 2
3. The Lego Movie
4. The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
5. Godzilla

Next up should be Boyhood when I come back from holiday.

Watch Edge of Tomorrow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nymphomaniac was alright.

http://i.imgur.com/bXunuLQ.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I wake up every day hoping that the cyber bullying is over

But I know it's only the beginning. Stay strong Zabo
[quote="The_Hitcher89, post: 121868731"]You lot agree that Commando is the GOAT, right?[/QUOTE]
Die Hard and The Terminator 2.

jtb

Banned
Boyhood was really good.

All the big blockbusters this summer have been pretty good. (Besides Spider-Man and Transformers, which I haven't seen) Don't really get the love for the LEGO movie, was pretty bored by it.

Slizz

$350,000 earned from McIlroy's pops betting on him winning the Open by 25, good lord. Seems to be a true and confirmed story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom