• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBoss

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/30/en/football/real_madrid/1406749445.html

Roma midfielder Seydou Keita has elaborated on the reasons behind his grudge towards Pepe, which dates back to his Barcelona days and flared up during his side's match against Real Madrid in Dallas.

The Malian felt he was within his rights to snub the Portuguese centre-back during the pre-game handshakes, telling 'RFI', "Back when I played for Barça he called me a macaque, i.e. a monkey. From that moment onwards, I've seen him as a good-for-nothing. I haven't spoken about it in public before because it wasn't worth it, but that's why I didn't want to shake his hand". Keita added that he had informed his teammate Mehdi Benatia of his intentions.

"It's unacceptable for someone to spit at me. I really don't see why I should have to shake his hand, since in his eyes I'm not a human being", the veteran railed.

"I have no interest in discussing things with a person who doesn't consider me a human being. The way he behaves is out of order. Instead of coming over and asking me why I didn't shake his hand, he chose to spit at me", insisted the former Camp Nou favourite.

Read more: Keita: "In Pepe's eyes, I'm not a human being" - MARCA.com (English version)

Manager

Portugal vs. Germany in the Euro U19 Final starting in 7 minutes, on Eurosport in a lot of countries.

Portugal: Moreira, Nunes, Riquicho, Duarte, Rafa, Podstawski, Guzzo, Lopes, Martins, Silva, Rodrigues.
Germany: Schnitzler, Akpoguma, Stark, Kempf, Holthaus, Kimmich, Öztunali, Brandt, Stendera, Mukhtar, Selke.

Key players:

Germany - Selke, Stendera & Stark: The aforementioned trio have out-performed the rest of the Germany team, which says a lot for just how good they've been. Davie Selke is the tournament's top scorer, with six goals, and will be the biggest headache for the Portugal defence. His runs, ball control, dribbling and finishing reminds many of a young Robert Lewandowski. Marc Stendera has been equally as impressive. The Frankfurt man has a wicked delivery from set-pieces and leads the assist charts for the tournament; his dribbling, shooting and final ball are also extremely dangerous. Niklas Stark, of Nuremburg, will be the man charged with stopping André Silva. Comfortable in midfield or defence, his leadership and ability to read the game have been invaluable during the tournament.

Portugal - Lopes & Silva: Portugal's two stars are both in attack. Marcos Lopes is one of the most promising talents coming out of Manchester City's rapidly developing youth system. The attacking midfielder has a fantastic range of passing and an excellent shot on him; despite his diminutive figure he is able to weave his way through opposition defences with lightning quick feet. André Silva scored four on the second matchday and has five for the tournament. His clinical finishing and positioning come naturally, he'll pose Germany's biggest threat of the tournament so far.

OtoKsoO.png

Yes, people did fall for it

L1NETT

You know there isn't shit to talk about when you guys start talking about video games.

We could always post some rumours from Craig Sainsbury and the merry band of complete bullshitters and then wank over formations which will never happen if that's more to your liking

Ramsey -- Pogba

Reus --- George Best ---- Spongebob squarepants

Pat Butcher

Manager

Eliaquim Mangala and other French players are expected to join their clubs on Monday. Surely the deal must be announced by then. Already deleted on Porto's site and started using English on his Twitter last week.

Eliaquim Mangala and other French players are expected to join their clubs on Monday. Surely the deal must be announced by then. Already deleted on Porto's site and started using English on his Twitter last week.

He also wasn't announced at Porto's presentation to the fans. Jackson Martinez was also on vacation but his name was announced through the speakers. Mangala is definitely gone from Porto.

Now for the most important match of the day. Go Portugal!!!

Lightning

Banned
Gnabry rejecting a loan? Hope he likes the bench then. Fool, unless he goes out on loan most of his games will be with the reserves or under 21's

Lightning

Banned
Calm down.

Are we signing Juan Quintero?
I'm calm. Just don't understand why he said no. Jenkinson going to West Ham is his chance. If he has a breakout season he will be welcomed back next season and West Ham will also benefit but if he plays like an inconsistent muppet he will be sold so this is his opportunity.

Gnabry needs the same and to take it or he will enjoy the reserves until eventually getting fed up and wanting to leave.

wedward

I'm calm. Just don't understand why he said no. Jenkinson going to West Ham is his chance. If he has a breakout season he will be welcomed back next season and West Ham will also benefit but if he plays like an inconsistent muppet he will be sold so this is his opportunity.

Gnabry needs the same and to take it or he will enjoy the reserves until eventually getting fed up and wanting to leave.

I think he will leave, but why don't you wait and see what happens before calling him a fool.

Maybe he has other options?

Walshy

Quintero to Arsenal?

Porto would demand a huge amount of money for him.

Really don't want that one to happen. He's a future superstar.

wedward

Sounds like we are signing Quintero. Every Columbian journalist is reporting it.

Someone tell me something about him.

A journalist even posted his flight info. lol.

omgkitty

3 Colombian journalists saying we are signing Juan Quintero.

Another attaching mid?

Cesc, turned down for what?

Quintero is very highly rated. I think the thing about Cesc was price and I think Cesc wants to be a guaranteed starter. Arsene told him Ozil is our starter and Cesc moved on. Buying a young CAM who can play backup to Ozil and provide something different isn't a bad idea. Rosicky is old now.

LAM09

Sounds like we are signing Quintero. Every Columbian journalist is reporting it.

Someone tell me something about him.

A journalist even posted his flight info. lol.

Arsenal don't need another attacking player, unless it is a CF. Your defensive unit needs a rework!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom