• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

They hype an expectation for Shad is insane.

He is a strength and conditioning coach. Not a fucking miracle worker.

If Wenger continues to overplay players, injuries will occur. Shad doesn't know some secret that the other coaches don't.

But he maybe could help with something like when Ramsey came back too early last season and was out for a lot longer than he should have been.

GorillaJu

Looking forward to the head to head fantasy league this year. I've closed the registration at 20 teams which I think is good as it will allow everyone to play every other team twice over the season. However if anyone here hasn't joined yet and wants to try H2H, you can PM me and I'll give out codes.

wedward

But he maybe could help with something like when Ramsey came back too early last season and was out for a lot longer than he should have been.

Lol.

You mean like tell him to not come back early. Which I am sure he medical staff told Wenger, but he probably ignored them.

Niven

He needs to move further from where he was last season. Most of Sterling's goals last season were created by Suarez, so he needs to be able to create, not just finish. He needs to take more responsibility for being the focal point of our attacking play.

While I think a repeat of last season would be completely acceptable, I really want him to push on and become the player he can be. I think this is a big season for Henderson and Coutinho as well. They're still at the age where they can improve, and again in the absence of a superstar striker, they'll need to take the responsibility to produce numbers.

I think Sterling has the potential to be the next great Liverpool player and I really want to see him live up to it.

Reading this has just got me pumped for next season, I'm actually going to try watch some Liverpool games next season with the housemates it's just hard after last season them beating us 5-1 and siting in the room with three Liverpool fans it was painful

Barzul

They hype an expectation for Shad is insane.

He is a strength and conditioning coach. Not a fucking miracle worker.

If Wenger continues to overplay players, injuries will occur. Shad doesn't know some secret that the other coaches don't.

B..b..but he won the World Cup!

Pachimari

Seems like Diego Lopez is reconsidering his future at Real Madrid, as Carlo apparently want San Iker as first goalkeeper this season.

Keylor will probably be the 2nd choice keeper.

arkon

So last year when we were the champions of England and competing in the champions league David Moyes key priority was to sign Marruian Felliani from Everton for 27million pounds.

FOR THAT MONEY WE COULD HAVE SIGNED SOMEONE GREAT.

27 MILLION POUNDS.

I don't think it was a key priority. You don't sign your priority on deadline day for more money than you could have had him for at a much earlier date in the summer.

GorillaJu

I don't think it was a key priority. You don't sign your priority on deadline day for more money than you could have had him for at a much earlier date in the summer.

Yeah Moyes admitted as much later, that he didn't want to make Fellaini his big signing because there would be too much pressure on him, the club just couldn't sort out the deals so they were left with no choice.

Salvadora

Yeah Moyes admitted as much later, that he didn't want to make Fellaini his big signing because there would be too much pressure on him, the club just couldn't sort out the deals so they were left with no choice.
That pressure won't be on him anymore because of Shaw/Herrera so he should be given more time.

GorillaJu

I'm assuming we have to agree to let them buy him though right?

If they're paying his wages in full I highly doubt it. Just doesn't seem likely that a club would be willing to take full financial responsibility for a player and just pray later on that the loaning club decides they don't need him.

Danchi

That pressure won't be on him anymore because of Shaw/Herrera so he should be given more time.

Nah, he is a towering monument of the Moyes era and will never be truly accepted.

If they're paying his wages in full I highly doubt it. Just doesn't seem likely that a club would be willing to take full financial responsibility for a player and just pray later on that the loaning club decides they don't need him.

True, but if Wenger sees Chambers as a CB (meaning Jenkinson just has to fight it out with an ageing Debuchy) it would be up to the player whether or not to reject the contract offer from West Ham.

Napoli won't give us more than £10m for Fellaini. I'd take it anyway. Van Gaal won't play him so what's the point of keeping him. Just get rid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Danny Rose has signed a new five year contract with Spurs.

I think having someone to compete with will help him. He couldn't handle the pressure last season, he always played like he had a wasp up his arse, too tightly wound. Now he can concentrate on challenging Davies and improving his game.

Seems like Diego Lopez is reconsidering his future at Real Madrid, as Carlo apparently want San Iker as first goalkeeper this season.

Keylor will probably be the 2nd choice keeper.

That's...completely stupid. There's no way Ancelotti wants Casillas as his first choice. He's probably been ordered to do it.

JardeL

iMvCMtF8GElQk.gif

Everytime I see this GIF, can't resist to try counting Rosicky's footsteps. :lol: I'd probably run the same distance with almost half the steps he took.

pappe

Fellaini is such a weird player. He has the built to be a good strong DM but he is a pussy who gets outjumped by fucking Alaba. And he can never be a no.10 for a club like United. And as a CM we now have Herrera and Fletcher who are better than him.

Zabojnik

Looking forward to the head to head fantasy league this year. I've closed the registration at 20 teams which I think is good as it will allow everyone to play every other team twice over the season. However if anyone here hasn't joined yet and wants to try H2H, you can PM me and I'll give out codes.

Fantasy League is so incredibly amazing and totally isn't only active for the first few weeks until everyone forgets about it that I think it deserves its own thread. Who's with me?

GorillaJu

Fantasy League is so incredibly amazing and totally isn't only active for the first few weeks until everyone forgets about it that I think it deserves its own thread. Who's with me?

Pffft, the only people who give up are the ones who just don't know how to play.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Napoli won't give us more than £10m for Fellaini. I'd take it anyway. Van Gaal won't play him so what's the point of keeping him. Just get rid.

Need money to reinve...

To reinves...

0f1fe-tumblr_lq7tibldym1qddfry.gif

Rad-

I think Serie A suits Fellaini's style very well. He could be a good DM there. In the PL he is too slow and passive to be effective at that.

Carbonox

Moyes was just pissed that Zaha didn't replace the loo roll at Carrington, resulting in Moyes having to truffle shuffle to get a new one with a bit of frube hanging out his crevasse. Problem was he had to do so past the team canteen while they were all having lunch.

inky

I die a little inside when people call Cavani overrated. Overpriced maybe, but he is legit good. Like, really good.

Pachimari

I for one want Casillas to stay, if not for just one more season.

He is a club legend, even after his stupid rounds in the media the past couple years.

Wastum

Neo Member
I for one want Casillas to stay, if not for just one more season.

He is a club legend, even after his stupid rounds in the media the past couple years.

Despite his mistake in the final, he had a very solid run throughout the entire Copa and CL campaigns. I'm fiercely against buying Keylor Navas. Diego and Iker are doing just fine.

€5 million seems a reasonable price for Eric Dier, but whenever I saw him play for the U19s he didn't look very good. Also, he doesn't count as a homegrown player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom