• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Wolfsburg. Monaco.

Would he even start at Wolfsburg? As for Monaco, are they not scaling back now? I admit though that I was a bick of a dick. You could still fetch quite a bit of money with him.
Pretty sure Wolfsburg wouldn't pay what you guys might be hoping for though.

10515292_10152679369927259_4388631752370780574_o.jpg

Look who's in training :>

Manager

Back from vacation. Visited Woodenlungland, nice country, Copenhagen was great.

But he's English, so why wouldn't he?

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)."
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/home-grown-quota-for-premier-league.html

Read somewhere that it would be against EU employment law if it was nationality based.

Meier

I'm assuming we have to agree to let them buy him though right?
If FM is anything to go by, no. A set fee in a loan is the equivalent of a release clause. If the player wants to sign permanently then he can if the fee is paid. This is how Hellas got Iturbe for so "cheap."

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Lmao. Hyped.

It will try to convince you its choose your own method, stealth 2.0 with a killer story.

Dont believe its lies, I have played through it 3 times now and it honestly makes me feel ill with how bad it is.

3 times because people kept convincing me that the harder the difficulty the better the experience, bullshit.

Hixx

Dishonoured was alright, I just wish there was more to it than Blinking around the levels.

Playing through Thief at the minute (sort of, when I have absolutely nothing else to do) and that is so fucking boring it's unbelievable. It is basically Dishonoured without Blink. The actual levels are not terrible but there's never any close calls unless you want there to be. It's mind-numbingly easy.

Pure Pool is decent. I just wish there were more camera options and you could change the brightness in game. For £5.50 or whatever it was it's good value, though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Dishonoured was alright, I just wish there was more to it than Blinking around the levels.

Playing through Thief at the minute (sort of, when I have absolutely nothing else to do) and that is so fucking boring it's unbelievable. It is basically Dishonoured without Blink. The actual levels are not terrible but there's never any close calls unless you want there to be. It's mind-numbingly easy.

Blink is fun but it only temporarily masks the problems with that game.

As you said, Thief is Dishonored without the blink ability and it's shit from the off.

If you want a stealth game try Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Wilbur

Banned
First level of dishonoured was great and actually gave you the freedom to do shit. After that it got wrapped up in trying to tell a convoluted story and forgot to actually do some good shit from a gameplay perspective

L1NETT

Dishonored is super

Blink is OP as fudge though, can basically play as Batman with that permanently on the go

--

I'm playing through Hitman Absolution

There is a really good game in there struggling to get out through the waves of tiny levels, dumb characters and whatthefuckarethesenuns

Pure Pool is decent. I just wish there were more camera options and you could change the brightness in game. For £5.50 or whatever it was it's good value, though.

I know what you mean, but It would probably slow the game right down. With the projected lines it might make it a bit easy too.

Carbonox

Dishonored is super

Blink is OP as fudge though, can basically play as Batman with that permanently on the go

--

I'm playing through Hitman Absolution

There is a really good game in there struggling to get out through the waves of tiny levels, dumb characters and whatthefuckarethesenuns

I really liked Hitman Absolution. Never played the previous ones though so that's probably why I was able to enjoy it so much without having anything to compare it to.

Probity

As you said, Thief is Dishonored without the blink ability and it's shit from the off.

The Asylum
mission in Thief was pretty fantastic imo but other than that it was very ehh.

Also, is SC:B actually good? I have played a lot of stealth game but for some reason never made an effort on Splinter Cell, for some unknown reason.

lol

Remember when you were like "Ugh this is an isometric RPG, not my thing" and look now :p

Hey, I wasn't being disparaging about the genre, just I'd never played one before :p

I wasn't sure if it was my thing, and as it turns out, it is. Or at least this particular game is. Pillars of Eternity still looks too retro for my tastes

@Probity, Chaos Theory is the best pure stealth game of all time. MGS3 is better overall, but CT is the apex of stealth mechanics imo

Hixx

I've got Splinter Cell on PC but for some reason at some point this year, uPlay began to destroy my PC when using it. So I just couldn't get it going. Shame because I love Splinter Cell.

I know what you mean, but It would probably slow the game right down. With the projected lines it might make it a bit easy too.

Maybe just a tip-toe mode for 2 seconds or so on every turn. The whole game is either played at ball-level or 'stand up' which is absolutely fucking useless imo.

-

Hitman Absolution was a superb game imo. Had some real problems (disguises were fucking broken - in a full-body hazmat suit in a room full of identically-clothed people but someone can tell you don't belong from 30 yards away!) but had some really good levels.

L1NETT

The Asylum

Also, is SC:B actually good? I have played a lot of stealth game but for some reason never made an effort on Splinter Cell, for some unknown reason.

Chaos Theory >>>>>>>>

Any word to the contrary is PLAIN WRONG

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
5th then 4th. Gotta watch it again but those first five episodes were so superior to what came after that I'm kinda disappointed in hindsight.
Finally, you're admitting it!

And yeah Fargo > True D all the way too 😘

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The Asylum

Blacklist is really good. It's got the right mix of old and new sc games that makes it a lot of fun. You can probably pick it up for a tenner.

5th then 4th. Gotta watch it again but those first five episodes were so superior to what came after that I'm kinda disappointed in hindsight.

Fargo > TD

Prefer the 4th, that tracking shot seals it for me. Agree about the first 5 being vastly superior. Although I really enjoyed the finale.

Any disappointment directed at TD should be mitigated by Daddario

Niven

Agreed. And there's a billion shows and films out this year that are supposed to be great that I haven't seen yet!

Might be going to see GOTG tonight

Ow shit is that out today? I got a free ticket last time I went to the cinema because they didn't open then screen completely when the film started so might use that

I really liked Hitman Absolution. Never played the previous ones though so that's probably why I was able to enjoy it so much without having anything to compare it to.
Stupid disguise system nearly ruined the game for me. Still enjoyed it, but I wouldn't recommend it over the older games in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom