• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

5Y8G7zD.jpg

Klaas Jan pls

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I find it crazy so many of you are putting Chelsea above City. City's squad is ridiculous and are absolutely the favourites for the league.

Chelsea already have the best defense and like last season they will win most if the big games. Add Costa and Fabregas and that's all they need. They would have won the title last season but they lost stupid games to Villa and Sunderland. That won't happen this time.

I find it crazy so many of you are putting Chelsea above City. City's squad is ridiculous and are absolutely the favourites for the league.

City had the best team last season and should have walked it but they didn't and needed us (then Palace) to get the job done for them after they lost to both us and Liverpool in crucial matches.

We've bought extremely well and what we needed, their marque signing is a 36 year old on loan for 6 months, Kompany and Aguero are crocks too.

If Costa can get together any sort of goalscoring form then we'll win the title, not to mention we have a much better manager as well.

Carbonox

I'm also leaning to the side of Chelsea winning the league. They strengthened really well this Summer and it would be nice to see City not win it this coming season. Anything can happen of course.

DBT85

Vidal says he's happy to stay.

Heading to Redcafe for the meltdowns.

lol. Happy to stay has proven enough times to mean fuck all.

Isco was happy to stay at Malaga when he signed his contract, till Madrid came calling 6 motnhs later.

Jaws was happy to stay at Liverpool until The Chiellini Incident and Barca cam calling less than 3 months later.

I'm sure lots of players would be happy to stay where they are if nobody comes knocking. Once they hear the front gate clang and the gravel under the feet of the approaching offer though, plenty change their tune.

I don't we'll get him sadly, but I generally ignore most of what they say.

Go_Ly_Dow

lol. Happy to stay has proven enough times to mean fuck all.

Isco was happy to stay at Malaga when he signed his contract, till Madrid came calling 6 motnhs later.

Jaws was happy to stay at Liverpool until The Chiellini Incident and Barca cam calling less than 3 months later.

I'm sure lots of players would be happy to stay where they are if nobody comes knocking. Once they hear the front gate clang and the gravel under the feet of the approaching offer though, plenty change their tune.

I don't we'll get him sadly, but I generally ignore most of what they say.

YES DBT85!

BELIEVE!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are preparing a bid in excess of £15 million for PSV sensation Memphis Depay, Goal understands.

The 20-year-old winger was one of the highlights for the Netherlands at the World Cup finals and has been attracting interest from Manchester United, although it is Spurs who look primed to make the first move with an official offer.

I'd never heard of Depay before the WC, is he actually good?

confuziz

Banned
I'd never heard of Depay before the WC, is he actually good?

He was the best player of the Eredivisie after Tadic, imo. We won't be happy to let him go though.

also

OptaJohan @OptaJohan · Jul 25

87 - Only Dusan Tadic (133) has created more chances than Memphis Depay in the 2013-14 Eredivisie. Drive.

Carbonox

After despising TLoU's multiplayer at first, I'm finally getting to grips with it and consistently doing well now. Only playing Survivors though. Love that mode. The rest are nowhere near as fun. The amount of invalids online though is soul destroying. Sprinting around on their own and the like. Why.

confuziz

Banned
PSV u21 will play against West Ham, Bilbao and Fulham in the new u21 international cup. Not sure about the other groups, can't find it anywhere..

BuRLIDnIcAAdpqv.jpg

madmackem

BuReJS4IgAIa3RJ.jpg:large

Some random Twitter account has pictures of Rodwell signing his contract
KuGsj.gif

I love social media.

Buzzing about this one, when fit he is a class player, our backroom staff have just got a full season out of wes brown so there should be no problems with rodders. Big step up from side ways colshite.

PSV u21 will play against West Ham, Bilbao and Fulham in the new u21 international cup. Not sure about the other groups, can't find it anywhere..

BuRLIDnIcAAdpqv.jpg

I was going to post that a while ago, but somehow forgot.

United's u21s need this competition. Too few games in the u21 league.

Zabojnik

If Vidal stays, I'm expecting a contract renegotiation soon. Either that or United had no intention of near doubling his salary (as the rumors went).

Three hours into Infamous SS. It's pretty damn awesome so far.

Hixx

New "concussion rules" for the PL season:

• A player suffering a head injury must now leave the pitch.
  • Team managers or coaching staff will no longer decide if a player continues to play and the final decision will be with the club doctor.
  • Home teams in the Premier League must now have a third "tunnel" doctor on match-days to support the work of the doctors for both sides.
  • The "tunnel" doctor will serve as an extra pair of eyes to spot potential concussions and watch TV replays to see the severity of incidents.

Randdalf

Matic is only £5.5m on Fantasy Premier League, which surprised me. Trying to decide whether to have Young in my team or not.

confuziz

Banned
New "concussion rules" for the PL season:

Team managers or coaching staff will no longer decide if a player continues to play and the final decision will be with the club doctor.

United will win every match. Bribed club doctors everywhere.

sohois

I was going to post that a while ago, but somehow forgot.

United's u21s need this competition. Too few games in the u21 league.

Liverpool opted out of it, for some reason. Maybe they think UEFA is just gonna come along and smash like they did with Nex-gen

Randalf said:
Matic is only £5.5m on Fantasy Premier League, which surprised me. Trying to decide whether to have Young in my team or not.

Midfielders get points for scoring and assisting but no defensive points, so DMs tend to score pretty badly in Fantasy football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom