• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I've never really felt anything before except for when I did some really heavy work maybe. But lately I just feel pains at random moments, only on the left side. It annoys the fuck out of me. Hope it goes over, otherwise I'll just check in with my local doctor.

I've had sciatica lately not in major pain but in can suddenly just hit you.

I had no idea what that was so I googled it, and it describes exactly what I feel. Always in the lower back on the left side. Comes and goes a bit. Apparently it does resolve on it's own in most cases. Oh well. It's annoying mostly.

omgkitty

He's bang average. If he was here we would need him replaced.

Eh it was his first season in the PL and he got hurt early on (in the Arsenal game too if I remember correctly). With someone like Bould helping him out, he might have been better. One player we definitely should have signed though is Eriksen. I'd been begging for us to sign him for several years. Hell, I think even Bergkamp recommended him to Arsene. Hate to see him rot at Spurs, though I'm sure if he has a good season again another team will come calling.

Lightning

Banned
Eh it was his first season in the PL and he got hurt early on (in the Arsenal game too if I remember correctly). With someone like Bould helping him out, he might have been better. One player we definitely should have signed though is Eriksen. I'd been begging for us to sign him for several years. Hell, I think even Bergkamp recommended him to Arsene. Hate to see him rot at Spurs, though I'm sure if he has a good season again another team will come calling.
Eriksen when we signed Özil? Goodness me. Eriksen is a decent but extremely inconsistent player, lacks true class, and long term would not improve us enough. For me Eriksen is at Cazorla level which wasn't good enough.

Capoue is a decent player. Improvement on what we have but not by enough. Maxime Gonalons is the player we should be trying to sign.

jtb

Banned
Capoue is a decent DM I think. better on the ball skills than a pure destroyer like Wanyama.

I don't take any stock in his relative failure at Spurs last season. they were a tactical train wreck under both AVB and Sherwood, zero creativity coming out of the midfield, none of their midfield anchors seemed to have any idea what their responsibilities were. put him in a limited, defined DM role and he'll do well and help raise Ramsey and Ozil's game.

he'll be cheap. Spurs don't want him, he only cost 10m for them anyways, Levy doesn't really have a choice but to cut his losses. it's too obvious for Wenger to go for it, though, obviously.

omgkitty

Eriksen when we signed Özil? Goodness me. Eriksen is a decent but extremely inconsistent player, lacks true class, and long term would not improve us enough. For me Eriksen is at Cazorla level which wasn't good enough.

Capoue is a decent player. Improvement on what we have but not by enough. Maxime Gonalons is the player we should be trying to sign.

Well I was initially mad because Eriksen went to Spurs but then we signed Ozil and I didn't care as much. Still would like to see him at Arsenal some day. Speaking of Lyon, I'd like us to renew our interest in Grenier. He's basically Gourcuff before he turned shit. Gonalons would be great too. Hell, at this point I'd take any decent CDM. I really hope Wenger doesn't neglect that position. Definitely think it could mean the difference in our position in the table come end of the season if we don't.

Linius

Eriksen should have stayed at Ajax at least one more season. He left too soon. He was only showing his true ability since the last half of the season before he left and in the few games he played with us before moving to Spurs. He never had a full season as one of our star players to carry the team. He's always been that boy who has potential. Such a shame.

omgkitty

Eriksen should have stayed at Ajax at least one more season. He left too soon. He was only showing his true ability since the last half of the season before he left and in the few games he played with us before moving to Spurs. He never had a full season as one of our star players to carry the team. He's always been that boy who has potential. Such a shame.

Now it's all about Danny Klassen!

I've never really felt anything before except for when I did some really heavy work maybe. But lately I just feel pains at random moments, only on the left side. It annoys the fuck out of me. Hope it goes over, otherwise I'll just check in with my local doctor.

I had no idea what that was so I googled it, and it describes exactly what I feel. Always in the lower back on the left side. Comes and goes a bit. Apparently it does resolve on it's own in most cases. Oh well. It's annoying mostly.

Do you feel pains down your leg at all?

Marc

Morning, been off on hols and busy. Crazy things happening in football, lampard in a city shirt is weird.

Breaking news this morning is Tony Pulis has left palace over transfer inactivity, chairman must be an idiot.

Lol the Metro seem to think Barca are out.

VTcRr7d.png

Chelsea it is then.

leadbelly

Banned
Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard, 23, has reportedly asked Google to erase references of his performance for Belgium against Argentina at this summer's World Cup under the European Union's recent 'right to be forgotten' ruling

lol

No fucking way!

This can't be true... can it?

The bits of Always Sunny where Dennis is just offhandedly rude to Frank are so good

As are the bit where they're all just being bros with eachother

The Kitten Mitten episode has the best of both

Pretty happy with our transfers so far, except for striker. Got 2+ decent options in every position now imo, except for striker. About as decent as can be expected when we're incapable of buying a bona fide Suarez replacement. Except for fucking striker.

Could also do with another keeper.

Zabojnik

Wooden-san, how is Abel Hernandez these days? Looks like we're interested and are offering 5M€ + Marrone. I've always kinda liked him.

Carbonox

Rumours in full force that Newcastle will sign Micah Richards within the next few days.

I'm willing to take a punt on him on the basis that I think he could reach a level where he's at least better than Steven Taylor. :lol

He'll be most likely played at CB than RB too unless Janmaat is injured.

Siem de Jong also looks to be fit for the City game which is awesome news.

Is it true that Hazard is still elligible for the Young Player of the Year award this season? They really should change it to 'must be 22 or under when the season starts' if that's not what it is already

Nicktendo86

How much control does Woodz have over United's finances though? Has he any say in it at all?
Well he is supposed to be in charge of the day to day running of the club, so I would have thought he had a big say.

After his 'we could break the record, there is no budget' interview he just looks even more of a tit.

El Topo

So Rojo bid rejected and Woodward flying to Italy for last chance Vidal talks.

We're an embarrassment.

What I don't understand is why all of this happens (apparently) so much in the public, why this stuff just seems to drag on and on. It can't be penny pinching, right?
When Bayern signs someone it usually seems to come out of nowhere, even the Martinez deal was done rather quickly. What is so different at United that makes it so difficult?

Edit:
Is it perhaps for our amusement?

Nodnol

I appreciate both sides of the arguments, but why, why oh why, would you hold crisis talks 48 hours before the season starts?

Our forums are in meltdown. I want to crawl into a ball.

Ian Holloway's last competitive game was against Fulham. Keith Millen took charge against Arsenal.

Tony Pulis' last competitive game was against Fulham. Keith Millen will be in charge Saturday.

Never a dull moment...

Zabojnik

When Bayern signs someone it usually seems to come out of nowhere, even the Martinez deal was done rather quickly. What is so different at United that makes it so difficult?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering too. There the debt thing, but surely after that £750M kit deal with Adidas that can't be a concern anymore?

Forgot to mention, give Raheezus what he wants. Tie him down until either he dies, or we go out of business.

Liverpool would be crazy to give him what he wants. Young players need to stay motivated. If the 120,000 mentioned is true then it will piss off a lot of other Liverpool players. It will also make it harder to negotiate new signings if a 19 year old who has won nothing is earning that much.

Jose was right about the Shaw wages. If I am Vidal and I see Shaw earning that much, then I as a three time champion of Italy and one of the best players in the world at my position would easily want twice as much as Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom