• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juz

Made some changes to my team.

Think I'm gonna roll with this one.

Bb792Hm.png

I can only join the first one. The bottom two are either closed or the code is incorrect.

The Head to Head league is now full I believe.

Champions League probably doesn't start for a while, draw still needs to happen first. It is also a totally different site, so ignore that for now.

Manager

My GF is now putting flour in her hair, the type you put in a cake. She says her friend puts cocoa in hers. Apparently it creates volume.
H7bIKlW.png

Tell the other players to get on his level then. Looking at it logically and thus ignoring the fact that age shouldn't really have any bearing on wages when you're under 30 or so, £30kpw is ridiculous. We know how good he is, he knows how good he is, and we all know how good he will become barring something drastic, which admittedly could become more likely if we give him such a wage and make him feel like he's made it already.

But the basic fact is, since January he's been playing to a £120kpw standard. Given that that's a very small sample size for judging him, I'd be inclined to tell him that an offer will be on the table in January when he's had a solid year of bossness, and the offer won't necessarily be limited to £120kpw. Bit of extra incentive to ascend to the pantheon occupied only buy what Bendtner thinks he is as a player, and Adriano in PES6. Better than Messi.

He has earned a wage increase, but for a 19 year old to go from 30 to potentially 120 is crazy. Is there any other teenager in the world who earns over 100k other than Shaw?

There is always the possibility that he will lose his motivation. Cassano was more talented IMO when he made his big money teenage move, but then lost all motivation to better himself. Even Raul said he was the most talented player he had played with at RM, but he never worked hard enough to take himself to super stardom because he already had it all as a teenager.

Double his wages, and give him incentives like you say through bonuses. Then in a season or two once he has shown continued growth offer him the mega contract.

BTW, what is Lamberts place in the team? is he a starter. Morsel has me doubting him for Fantasy.

3Sixty

Noticed a dramatic increase in commercial activity since out new board was formed..

Something we were lacking in under Cortese reign.

Does anyone use beIN sports through a VPN?

I am thinking of signing up for them because it is crazy good value and most steams are through them anyways.

He has earned a wage increase, but for a 19 year old to go from 30 to potentially 120 is crazy. Is there any other teenager in the world who earns over 100k other than Shaw?

There is always the possibility that he will lose his motivation. Cassano was more talented IMO when he made his big money teenage move, but then lost all motivation to better himself. Even Raul said he was the most talented player he had played with at RM, but he never worked hard enough to take himself to super stardom because he already had it all as a teenager.

Double his wages, and give him incentives like you say through bonuses. Then in a season or two once he has shown continued growth offer him the mega contract.

BTW, what is Lamberts place in the team? is he a starter. Morsel has me doubting him for Fantasy.

DON'T PUT LAMBERT IN YOUR TEAM

He won't play in the league unless

1) Sturridge is unfit
2) Sturridge needs to come off
3) The game is handily won already
4) We need a Plan B

He won't play many, he'll start less, and he'll score less than that. Plus, unless things go wrong he should be third-choice by September. And we have 2 difficult away fixtures before then, so even if he plays before becoming third choice, I'd be surprised if he scored or assisted in the interim. Bony is probably the best bet up front unless you really can't afford to sacrifice another player to make up the point difference between him and Lambert

Regarding Sterling, I guess it'll be up to Sterling and the staff at the club. He has to prove that he can both keep his form, and that he has the personality to not let a pay rise lead to a decline in his trajectory I think. And if he demands it, we're fucked :p

We're not in a position to take the high ground and let him go because of it, but it wouldn't exactly sit right with me if he did and we bowed down to it

Here is my final fantasy football team which I will start the season with. I dropped Sterling for Mata because I remembered Mata is better at football then Sterling. Rio and Chambers are just temporary as is my bench until I work out what cheap defenders are going to start regularly.
Jqh4fPd.png

WJD

Just made a final final final final sub:

Coleman + Bojan out, Bruce and Giroud in

Taking a hit on defenders to bulk up my strikers.

Front 6 of Mata, Ramsey, Sterling, Rooney, Giroud and Costa is guaranteed points.

Arnie

Hahahaha Barzul's real name is Cosmos.

That's made my fucking morning.

Also, every team posted scares me shitless. I've gone for a solid back five of De Gea, Lovren, Luis, Cahill, Jagielka.

I'm banking on clean sheets.

Jesus this PL pass is amazing value. $5 a month, every single Premier League game.

Bit of a hassle to set up, but well worth it imo.

Thanks Hixx and QuIche!

k2y91

Hahahaha Barzul's real name is Cosmos.

That's made my fucking morning.

Also, every team posted scares me shitless. I've gone for a solid back five of De Gea, Lovren, Luis, Cahill, Jagielka.

I'm banking on clean sheets.

So you chose a Liverpool defender?
lol

DON'T PUT LAMBERT IN YOUR TEAM

He won't play in the league unless

1) Sturridge is unfit
2) Sturridge needs to come off
3) The game is handily won already
4) We need a Plan B

He won't play many, he'll start less, and he'll score less than that. Plus, unless things go wrong he should be third-choice by September. And we have 2 difficult away fixtures before then, so even if he plays before becoming third choice, I'd be surprised if he scored or assisted in the interim. Bony is probably the best bet up front unless you really can't afford to sacrifice another player to make up the point difference between him and Lambert

Regarding Sterling, I guess it'll be up to Sterling and the staff at the club. He has to prove that he can both keep his form, and that he has the personality to not let a pay rise lead to a decline in his trajectory I think. And if he demands it, we're fucked :p

We're not in a position to take the high ground and let him go because of it, but it wouldn't exactly sit right with me if he did and we bowed down to it

Cheers, I put in Giroud for Lambert and switched Howard with Mannone, to create the extra cash.

Morning, been off on hols and busy. Crazy things happening in football, lampard in a city shirt is weird.

Breaking news this morning is Tony Pulis has left palace over transfer inactivity, chairman must be an idiot.

Our chairman is actually pretty smart. It's a blow to loose Pulis, but we can't give into the demands of someone who is ALWAYS one half of a sentence away from quitting.

This is not good, the timing is awful, but our chairmans descision have so far taken us from bankruptcy in the championship to a healthy club in the premier league.

As for our transfer inactivity, Pulis main targets were supposedly:

*Michu - who left for Napoli instead
*Sigurdsson, who were used as a brick in Tottenhams plan to get Ben Davies
*Caulker - who went to QPR's money.

Manager

Rumours in full force that Newcastle will sign Micah Richards within the next few days.

I'm willing to take a punt on him on the basis that I think he could reach a level where he's at least better than Steven Taylor. :lol

He'll be most likely played at CB than RB too unless Janmaat is injured.

Siem de Jong also looks to be fit for the City game which is awesome news.

... you don't want to play Richards at CB, lol. The only way his defense ""works"" is because he can regain his shit positioning with his speed.

Odds are slashed and some (unreliable) Twitter people are saying he's at some hotel near you.

The Chronicle @ChronicleNUFC · 29m
For those asking about the rumours. We will have a Micah Richards update later in the day #nufc #mcfc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom