• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

... you don't want to play Richards at CB, lol. The only way his defense ""works"" is because he can regain his shit positioning with his speed.

Odds are slashed and some (unreliable) Twitter people are saying he's at some hotel near you.

The Chronicle @ChronicleNUFC · 29m
For those asking about the rumours. We will have a Micah Richards update later in the day #nufc #mcfc

CB is probably what Pardew has in mind as he won't start ahead of Janmaat unless he's injured.

Seems to be going full steam ahead though so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Replacing Debuchy and Tavernier with Janmaat and Richards is pretty sound business though.

Manager

CB is probably what Pardew has in mind as he won't start ahead of Janmaat unless he's injured.

Seems to be going full steam ahead though so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Replacing Debuchy and Tavernier with Janmaat and Richards is pretty sound business though.

It'd be amazing if you paid £4m for him. A lot of people are afraid he's gonna force a loan and then take a bigger bonus when he goes free next year.

CB, IDK, he hasn't played there for years. Will be interesting to see.

Wilbs has made me stay an extra minute to post his FL team
Uus4Plt.png

c0e3gb0.jpg

Arnie

I feel like I should say something racist now

The English are the master race

the PC version of human beings. I mean, just look at Arnie, he's perfect.
I thank you but I am far from perfect.

I'm five foot seven for a kickoff. I have to woo women into bed with my words, rather than my spine.

Carbonox

It'd be amazing if you paid £4m for him. A lot of people are afraid he's gonna force a loan and then take a bigger bonus when he goes free next year.

CB, IDK, he hasn't played there for years. Will be interesting to see.

Would you say 4m is worth it for him? He's 26 now so there's still plenty of time to squeeze out something.

unlesss

pardew wants to play him at dm
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

Decided to change my avatar to include the greatest defender I have ever seen. It is crazy that Maldini played against Maradona and Platini in the 80s and Ronaldo in the 00s. Ridiculous how he could slide in and trap the ball from a player and start an attack.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I fully expect at some point LvG is going to express his disappointment with our dealings

Manager

Would you say 4m is worth it for him? He's 26 now so there's still plenty of time to squeeze out something.

unlesss

pardew wants to play him at dm
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

His main issue is that his posititional sense is horrible, and decision-making when to make offensive runs. It has always been bad but with Pellegrini it's record bad.

Mancini never let a full back go too far up. Richards was then limited to a shorter area to cover, and rarely ran up, so he was OK. He's quick so even though he loss his opponent a lot, he often regained him.

But with Pellegrini, the full backs have an immense amount of freedom. They can be anywhere. Problem is that Richards suddenly make these stupid runs and when City loses the ball, he suddenly finds himself in no mans land and everyone goes "WTF is he doing up there?". He could be down at the corner flag, higher than anyone in midfield. Then when the opposition gets the ball, he jogs down and is basically at the midline when the opposition is at the penalty area. Constantly, several times a match.

I guess he won't be that bad if you just put him in some kind of leash. His pro's are speed, reactions (in 1v1) and strength. However, positioning, decision-making and crossing are pretty bad. He can't cross, at all, just along the ground.

edit
£4m is probably good value, as long as you don't give him the insane wages City gave him, £~75k.

Manager

Wilshere ahead of Ramsey? Lol. Just no!

They are very restrictive with players who has had one or two fantastic seasons, it usually takes a few years to get the value up. Same with down, they don't just slash a player £15m just because he has a bad year due to injury or poor form.

edit
I think you can vote for future values too.

Manager

Chronicle update on Micah Richards:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ews/alan-pardew-move-centre-back-sign-7619443

Magpies again linked with Micah Richards, but Alan Pardew would have to make space in his defensive ranks to sign Manchester City defender

Alan Pardew has been told he would have to ship out one of his four centre-backs if he wanted to introduce a fresh face into his back four.

The Magpies have again been linked with Manchester City defender Micah Richards in the last 24 hours, a player who was offered to them earlier this summer.

But with Fabricio Coloccini, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Mike Williamson and Steven Taylor in his squad, Pardew would be unable to justify Richards’ steep salary as an add on to the club’s overall wage budget.

And while Richards is available at a knockdown price with just a year left on his contract, the 26-year-old would only come into consideration if one of United’s four centre-halves were moved on.

Newcastle are understood to be open to selling Steven Taylor, who also has a year left on his contract and goes into the new season behind the pecking order behind Williamson and Coloccini.

Pardew is likely to start with that pairing for this weekend’s opening Premier League game against Man City.

They'd know if he was in the city I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thank you but I am far from perfect.

I'm five foot seven for a kickoff. I have to woo women into bed with my words, rather than my spine.

Psh that's totally fine I'm in the short club too and I'm doing okay!

the girls will stick with you for your words after all, not your spine ;p

and money. Do you have money? Get money

The Danish football strike is OFF.

Wooh. Now we have no excuses for losing 5-0 to Leverkusen next wek though¨.

I'm so tired, shouldn't have stayed up and played CS with Quiche and bacon yesterday, was called into work after only 4 hours of sleep. I am committing sudoku after eating this scone and by that I mean taking a nap I think.

who is this

tdKCSac.gif

Yurt, is this one of yours? Wooden?

Ståle influencing every manager around the globe I see.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
everyone is telling me NOT to buy a new car, because it's expensive and I'm going to burn most of my money on it

but I'm so tempted...what the fuck am I gonna do with my money anyway at this age? INVEST? FUCK OFF

everyone is telling me NOT to buy a new car, because it's expensive and I'm going to burn most of my money on it

but I'm so tempted...what the fuck am I gonna do with my money anyway at this age? INVEST? FUCK OFF

Buy Putins daughter things .Buy me things. Buy neogaf.

"In training Schürrle has been running for fitness (in which, he admits, he struggles to find pleasure) and working with the ball (which he loves). The most inspiring element, however, is clearly his time with Mourinho; the boss is said to be personally fond of Schürrle and the protégé returns the feeling with something resembling bright-eyed hero worship. ‘It's his thinking,' he explains. ‘There is only one way for him and that is to win. And with his psychology, the way he talks... he gives that thinking to you. The hardest thing is when you feel tired in training and he'll push you, but it makes you better as a player. It's why I wanted to play for him."

But the English press said he was leaving. You can't believe anything anymore huh

Gotta have more than 10 million for that.

I bet he does.

Arnie

CALLING ALL SPANIARDS

What channel is the premier league on in this country, if at all. If it isn't how do you watch it?

I REPEAT, CALLING ALL SPANIARDS

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Facism

Gold Member
Psh that's totally fine I'm in the short club too and I'm doing okay!

the girls will stick with you for your words after all, not your spine ;p

and money. Do you have money? Get money

Some girls will stick with you if they're bullies and you let them shit on you just for a possible sniff of fanny. We've all got meights who are with belligerent swamp-donkeys that run their lives because they're too timid and allow themselves to be victims in the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom