• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanbob11

54fd5efaae.jpg

I think this will be my team. Maybe a few minor changes.

CALLING ALL SPANIARDS

What channel is the premier league on in this country, if at all. If it isn't how do you watch it?

I REPEAT, CALLING ALL SPANIARDS

I know a few people with flats on the costa del sol. They all use Sky and bring their UK sky card with them. It's not entirely legal though. Plenty of Sports bars will have all the premier league matches including 3 o'clock ones you can't get in UK. Whereabouts in Spain are you staying?

Arnie

I know a few people with flats on the costa del sol. They all use Sky and bring their UK sky card with them. It's not entirely legal though. Plenty of Sports bars will have all the premier league matches including 3 o'clock ones you can't get in UK. Whereabouts in Spain are you staying?
Costa Del Sol.

Place called Herradura. About an hour from Malaga.

GorillaJu

everyone is telling me NOT to buy a new car, because it's expensive and I'm going to burn most of my money on it

but I'm so tempted...what the fuck am I gonna do with my money anyway at this age? INVEST? FUCK OFF

Jesus I wish I had money to even consider options with. Every penny I have gets poured into some black hole... Rent, taxes, insurance, bills, trips home to the States.

I need to work more, boys. Got my new profile up on Crowd Works: https://crowdworks.jp/public/employees/202955

Someone hire me T_T

My Team currently:
qaP0MjZ.png

Suggestions?

Krul is expensive when in all likelihood you're playing DDG every week. Otherwise looks okay, though I'd try to find a replacement for Baird. Swans have an easy opening. Maybe Taylor?

Carbonox

If Micah potentially may be sold, there's only one guy left available from the City store:
BuyxxfuIEAAtnSo.jpg:large

Homegrown and everything.

I'd take him too. Wouldn't get on the bench ahead of Aarons though but he'll be a step up from Obertan (bless him he was awesome in preseason but please go back home you extraterrestrial cunt).

Costa Del Sol.

Place called Herradura. About an hour from Malaga.

Ahh, thats the opposite side to Malaga from where I usually go so I can't recommend anywhere that would play premier league games that are not a 2 hour drive away. I don't think any of the terrestrial channels will play them but there are probably a few sports bars around where you are that would show them.

Manager

I'd take him too. Wouldn't get on the bench ahead of Aarons though but he'll be a step up from Obertan (bless him he was awesome in preseason but please go back home you extraterrestrial cunt).

He's not even that bad and would probably be available for £3-4m. Not that high salary either, ~£50k at City. Been OK in pre-season, quick, worked hard and used to score at Swansea.

GorillaJu

Surely this isn't actually going to happen?

It'd be unfortunate from our perspective because I feel like being a PL team with good financial backing and a manager who helps his players grow would put us in a good position to compete with Atletico for signings like Reus. I mean I WANT Atleti to be a top, top team in La Liga, but do we think last season was a sign of things to come or just an incredible run of form?

The much-anticipated new English football season kicks off this weekend, and already the The Premier League is warning fans that creating and even sharing match footage onVine — the Twitter-owned service that took off during the World Cup this summer — is against UK law.

The Premier League has been battling against clips on YouTube for some time, but now it is focusing on newer channels too.

Dan Johnson, director of communications at the Premier League, told the BBC that the organization is “developing technologies like gif crawlers, Vine crawlers, and working with Twitter to look to curtail this kind of activity.”

http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2014/...tect-gif-and-vine-videos-of-match-highlights/

Get the jifs in now guys, theyre coming after us.

Zabojnik

everyone is telling me NOT to buy a new car, because it's expensive and I'm going to burn most of my money on it

but I'm so tempted...what the fuck am I gonna do with my money anyway at this age? INVEST? FUCK OFF

As someone who paid 35K€ for his new car: don't do it. Buy a (slightly) used one or whatever and save the money for more important things, like a house or something.

Feorax

It'd be unfortunate from our perspective because I feel like being a PL team with good financial backing and a manager who helps his players grow would put us in a good position to compete with Atletico for signings like Reus. I mean I WANT Atleti to be a top, top team in La Liga, but do we think last season was a sign of things to come or just an incredible run of form?

The rumoured fee is around £25 million, which is why I'm skeptical.

The idea of Atletico landing Griezmann and Reus in one window is staggering.

Zabojnik

Did anyone get a Samsung Evo for their PS4?

They have come down in a price a lot since I looked last year and I might get a 1tb for my ps4 soon.

I might get one of them new OCZ Arc drives. Pretty cheap, almost Vertex-like performance. Only go up to 480gb, I think. But it's more than I need for the PS4 anyway.

Manager

Daily Mail: City have recruited David Moyes' ex-European scout James Smith (Everton 2003-14, Utd 2014), was at Liverpool/Dortmund on Sunday.

The guy who brought all magic to Everton? Good recruitment.

pulga

Banned
Bla: Bayern is Madrids bestia negra *throws some stats at me*

Me: Whatevs. Shame you cant translate those to ten CL titles

Bla: We've been to 10 CL finals

Me: ....

German humour

Hixx

What a waste of time. The internet will always find ways to defeat stuff like this, pumping money into it to pump money into stopping the next medium then the next and the next. It'll just get more expensive and take longer every time, too.

If you don't want people to go to dodgy sources, give them an official one for a modest fee. It will always work.

sohois

Daily Mail: City have recruited David Moyes' ex-European scout James Smith (Everton 2003-14, Utd 2014), was at Liverpool/Dortmund on Sunday.

The guy who brought all magic to Everton? Good recruitment.

Doesn't seem like a bargain hunter is of much use to City, since we know they will be magically compliant with FFP next year

pulsemyne

Oh and apparently Montpeliers boss said this last night about swansea.
"'It's going to Benji?[the speculation] After Newcastle and Cabella I heard Swansea for Stambouli, we still attracts the attention of big clubs with our players who are, in addition, international or future international players. That dream ...for Benji (Benjamin Stambouli) "I wake up tomorrow in Wales, I'm training with my teammates at Swansea, if I'm not the happiest footballer in the world or the happiest guy in the world, it means that I do not understand anything. I'd like to keep it and it is sold in a year, best selling in a bigger club, with financial conditions also double or triple what we are trying to propose. Because it, too, came to my ears, I almost took a nervous giggle. Ah! Yeah ... Uh ... There's even that sum? Wales ... This financial monstrosity ... and a 8-year contract, too? "

It was google translated but still...

Go_Ly_Dow

What a waste of time. The internet will always find ways to defeat stuff like this, pumping money into it to pump money into stopping the next medium then the next and the next. It'll just get more expensive and take longer every time, too.

If you don't want people to go to dodgy sources, give them an official one for a modest fee. It will always work.

Yeah gd luck with that fuckers

Carbonox

Decided up on the HTC M8 as my new phone. I'm not one to go for the very latest/newest phones - I prefer to go back a year or 2 at max so I can get a decent deal.

Looks nice, is highly regarded and I'm keen on trying something new (I have an iPhone atm).

Hixx

Bored this morning and PLP have an hour long highlight show from last season, will gif some of my favourite goals from last season to raise the hype for tomorrow

THE

HYPE

IS REAL

vanpersieo5aph.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom