• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

Spurs supposedly put down a bid of 19 Million for Memphis Depay. PSV needs to go Portugal style on them and put the minimum bid at atleast 35 million. Fucking Ryan Babel went to Liverpool for €18 million or so.

wedward

Chelsea had the very same situation with games like Villa and Sunderland near the end of the season. And needed to win fewer of them. So did Liverpool.

Yeah, every team does. I don't think that is the point.

He was just saying Arsenal need to improve in games like that if we want to have a chance.

Those game he listed were particularly poor performances from us and happen too often.

L1NETT

A David Brent movie. Gervais, please please stop. You have nothing left, zero. Derek is one of the worst forms of media ever created.

He's turned himself into an embarrassment

Just go away Gervais. And take fucking Brent with you.

The best stuff (Office, Extras, Cementry Junction) funnily enough....all in partnership with Merchant.

Gervais himself has the talent of a doorstop.

Lightning

Banned
I get that the EPL is tight and even fixtures against lesser teams matter, but to say "we would have won the league if 6 matches had gone differently" strikes me as grasping at straws.

Even the very best teams drop points against subpar competition over a 38-game schedule. It's inevitable.
If ever there was a point go over someones head it's this. Every team can say if this game or that game had gone differently the outcome of the title race could have been different but the core of my point was that there are no 'lesser ' league fixtures and all are of equal importance, I don't care about the title race, it's the "we can experiment against XXXXX team because they are a lesser team" that I am against, The points dropped count the same.

L1NETT

Nah, not really. His performances in the Office are great and along with the writing, are what make it great. Don't be a revisionist just because he is shit now.

Yeah I reckon Merchant was the brains of the partnership. Gervais acting like a dick doesn't seem much of a stretch.

Watch Derek

After one episode I bet you'd rather watch a replay of the Bradford vs Arsenal Capital One Cup 2012 Quarter Final than that total shite.

KingGondo

Banned

West Brom - 2 points (4 points dropped from 2 games)
Swansea - 2 points (4 points dropped from 2 games)
Stoke 3 points (3 points dropped from 1 game)
Aston Villa 3 points (3 points dropped from 1 game)
6 games.

Lightning said:
If ever there was a point go over someones head it's this. Every team can say if this game or that game had gone differently the outcome of the title race could have been different but the core of my point was that there are no 'lesser ' league fixtures and all are of equal importance, I don't care about the title race, it's the "we can experiment against XXXXX team because they are a lesser team" that I am against, The points dropped count the same.
That makes sense.

wedward

6 games.

That makes sense.

You are wrong. We beat West Brom and drew them once. We beat Swansea and drew them once.

West Brom - 4 points (2 points dropped from 1 game)
Swansea - 4 points (2 points dropped from 1 game)

He's saying had we won 4 of those we'd have won the league.

No. He didn't look at the results. We didn't drop four points to Swansea and we didn't drop four to W.B.A. We dropped one to each.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I really really like Derek, but mostly because of Trevor and Karl

Meier

Hey guys.

I tried I join the Fantasy Premier League League but it said invalid code. Am I being an idiot here?

Edit: It looks like the league from last year was re-enabled so it should be the same as the one in the OP I'd think. Not really sure how to tell what it is once you're in it..

L1NETT

Hixx m8 we signed two goalkeepers today.......rumours Pickford might be sent back

How you wanted this kid to play championship football I'll never know. Kid couldn't kick a sleeping cow. (not that he should)

----

Didn't Quiche post the code thingy the last OT?

Also, seems QPR have signed Jordan Mutch

Good player, but fuck QPR

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So the BBC linked to Gervais "Learn guitar with David Brent" videos and I just watched one or two...

Now im a big Gervais fan from way back when but hes not even doing David Brent, he looks like he is doing an impression of Brent, its all...so bad D:

Why would he go back?

LVG also said that he's not going to give the axe to anyone directly. He's just going to tell them what kind of playing time they can expect and then the player can decide if he wants to leave. I know it basically means the same shit, but still.

There is hope for Shinji. Be our bench warmer Shinji.

Muy interesante.

Just go for Pogba or Awesome-oa. An awesome midfielder shouldn't be playing as a wingback.

Muy interesante.

$80 million? When did it become $80 million? D:

Also, can somebody help me find this training shirt

WqjZ9GR.jpg

MhtqBgC.jpg

Edit: NVM found it.

wedward

LVG also said that he's not going to give the axe to anyone directly. He's just going to tell them what kind of playing time they can expect and then the player can decide if he wants to leave. I know it basically means the same shit, but still.

I'd love to be in the room when he tells Clev what kind of playing time he can expect.

Mr Cola

Just go for Pogba or Awesome-oa. An awesome midfielder shouldn't be playing as a wingback.

Clev will know he will be currently second choice, 3rd if we buy someone, he will stay.

Interesting to see what he tells Shaw/Young/Valencia, you cant drop Young at the moment, im as shocked as anyone but hes put in the shifts. Shaw lucked out big time with Valencias injury.

Herrera needs to stop giving the ball away.

Wellbeck will be interesting because unless he plays wing back he aint going to be first choice.

Mr Cola

Cola you're a bad person for liking Derek. You deserve to have your football stolen by kids.

I genuinely loved it, the first season is odd because Derek offers nothing and they keep trying to make you care for him, hes not funny, he is just something to center the plot around, in season 2 they kiind of drift off to the other more interesting characters.

Hope they do a season 3

Mr Cola

whats happening with Powell? Loan?

Him and Zaha are fucked, I see no future for them at the current rate.

The convo between Zaha and LvG will be simple "You understand, you cant really do anything?"

Mr Cola

Don't know yet. He mentioned him, Januzaj, and Fellaini as the player he's yet to work with. We won't know until at least after the Valencia friendly.

Wonder how serious he will take this friendly, whether he will use it to field the starting 11 v Swansea for a good 70mins or whether he will not want ot risk injuries and try some of the players who have come back.

If we pick up a few injuries in that game we could be in alot of trouble.

The convo between Zaha and LvG will be simple "You understand, you cant really do anything?"

Man, Fergies last signing a total fail, I think of the players he got us the last couple of years they were bad.

Nodnol

We would take Zaha back in a heart beat if he wants to get rid entirely.

Kid needs to find somewhere to settle and play regularly; might as well be with a club he knows inside and out.

I've posted the fantasy football code the last 3 OTs but I haven't sent a pm to the op with it yet. I'll post it when I get back home and pm whoever made this thread!

KingGondo

Banned
You are wrong. We beat West Brom and drew them once. We beat Swansea and drew them once.

West Brom - 4 points (2 points dropped from 1 game)
Swansea - 4 points (2 points dropped from 1 game)

No. He didn't look at the results. We didn't drop four points to Swansea and we didn't drop four to W.B.A. We dropped one to each.
I was using the numbers he quoted without double-checking the results.

Oh well. This conversation is getting silly anyways.

Mr Cola

We would take Zaha back in a heart beat if he wants to get rid entirely.

Kid needs to find somewhere to settle and play regularly; might as well be with a club he knows inside and out.

The fact he couldnt make it work at Cardiff would worry me, that and the article Holloway wrote on him and his work ethic back in Jan, the guy does not take into account what people are telling him and has no common sense, we have had plenty of those at United over the years and their ability goes and they dry out.

Mr Cola

Seeing Young in all these fantasy teams, go back a month and you would have been laughed at.

Nodnol

The fact he couldnt make it work at Cardiff would worry me, that and the article Holloway wrote on him and his work ethic back in Jan, the guy does not take into account what people are telling him and has no common sense, we have had plenty of those at United over the years and their ability goes and they dry out.

I'm not a person to get overly attached to players; football has no loyalty except in the terraces.

However, I think most CPFC fans would welcome him back, and feel he's been poorly managed. He's not without criticism, by all accounts his attitude hasn't been right, but the departure of Fergie and arrival of Moyes, and that whole saga, wouldn't have done his confidence or growth any favours.

I appreciate a club like United don't have room for sentiment like that, nor the patience or time to hold someone's hand, but I still believe he can be a solid BPL player. So many times I have witnessed things with my own eyes that have dropped my jaw; the amount of times I've turned to someone next to me and said "How the fuck did he do that!?" is countless.

No faith in Cardiff and their implosion last season, so I can't really judge him on that. He did applaud the Palace fans and reacted to us far more than he did the Cardiff lot. Granted that's not very professional, but it certainly didn't didn't harm his relationship with us.

Pulis has worked wonders with the likes of Puncheon and Bolasie; if we can get Zaha back, I expect similar results. He needs to work hard and to get his head down, and to listen to those around him. Ultimately his career rests on his shoulders, and whether or not he really wants it. There's plenty of people at the club that have known him since he was a boy; maybe they could help steer him in the right direction. It's a romantic view, but not totally beyond the realms of possibility.

I don't mind where he ends up to be honest, I just want him to better himself, and not end up at QPR or West Ham.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho. Have you offloaded Naughton and Dawson yet? 😒

We're trying but I think a lot of these departures will only happen once players are signed. We don't want to leave ourselves short. Once Musacchio is done then we can start shipping out the dreck. Sadly it seems that it's now Kaboul who is like to leave before Daws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom