• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
The third doctor should should be the one making the decisions, there were several times in the world cup when the team doctors didn't have the balls to pull the players off.

They should really introduce a rule for an "emergency" substitution where if a player is concussed after all the subs are made that the club can make a 4th substitution or bring back a player already taken off.
The third doctor is employed by the home team though. That's hardly fair if they make decisions for the away team. The third doctor would need to be independent for that to work but from what I read that isn't the case.

Either way, common sense must prevail here. Playing on with head injuries has life threatening consequences should things go wrong.

The third doctor is employed by the home team though. That's hardly fair if they make decisions for the away team. The third doctor would need to be independent for that to work but from what I read that isn't the case.

Either way, common sense must prevail here. Playing on with head injuries has life threatening consequences should things go wrong.

Oh, I thought the third doctor was a PL appointed doctor or something. Thats what it should be. A PL or FA appointed doctor who makes decisions on head injuries, basically someone who is like a member of the ref team.

Lightning

Banned
Gone from 17k followers to 118k in one week! Amazing support, thank you 👏 http://t.co/xHTVKIYgav
The rewards of being an Arsenal player Chambers.

Oh, I thought the third doctor was a PL appointed doctor or something. Thats what it should be. A PL or FA appointed doctor who is decisions on head injuries, basically someone who is like a member of the ref team.
But that's not what it says. It says the home team must have a 3rd tunnel doctor which implies the home team are responsible for that doctor not the FA. All the FA say is they will have their doctor oversee everything but that's pointless and doesn't help decisions on game day.

Hixx

Pantilimon > Westwood
Jones > Bardsley (similar in quality but Jones wins as he's not a massive cunt)
Vergini = Vergini
PVA = Alonso
Gomez > Gardner
Rodwell > Colback

Desperate for a left winger, though. Desperate.

Pantilimon > Westwood
Jones > Bardsley (similar in quality but Jones wins as he's not a massive cunt)
Vergini = Vergini
PVA = Alonso
Gomez > Gardner
Rodwell > Colback

Desperate for a left winger, though. Desperate.

We will do you a good deal on Atsu if you could avoid beating us this season?

Koko

Banned
The outrage over Newcastle signing Lascelles and Darlow from Forest for pennies. :lol

Newcastle still want another striker too. Why. Riviere is fucking good and Ferreyra will be a more than perfect backup. Unless we're playing 2 up front or Riviere is being boyed off on to the wing.

At least it would effectively end Cisse's career with us. Rumours (lol) are that Ben Arfa will be used to help get Lacazette. Lyon admitted to wanting him back so why the fuck not ay.

There's no way Lyon sells Lacazette, not after selling Gomis. They need a striker.

Benzia isn't ready and Yattara isn't good.

Lightning

Banned
All my Madrid mocking aside is there any reason why they are kerbing Lopez to the side and forcing him out for Navas. Navas isn't that much different from Lopez in terms of quality so it smells like either Lopez was pissed that Casillas started all the cup games or Casillas was annoyed at not starting in the league games so it came to a head?

According to various journalists, we might sell Constant to Trabzonspor, Robinho to Santos and maybe even Zapata to Genoa, while buying Armero from Udinese, Perin from Genoa, Diego Lopez and sign Victor Valdes for free.

Basically we'll field two goalkeepers every game next season, just to be safe. Also, Constant>Armero isn't that big of an upgrade. A chair as LB would be much more useful, to be honest.

Edit: and Constant is official now. Galliani is doing a somehow decent job at selling useless players, still missing Robinho and then we'll be fine. Buying players is still a problem, though.

Lightning

Banned
According to various journalists, we might sell Constant to Trabzonspor, Robinho to Santos and maybe even Zapata to Genoa, while buying Armero from Udinese, Perin from Genoa, Diego Lopez and sign Victor Valdes for free.

Basically we'll field two goalkeepers every game next season, just to be safe. Also, Constant>Armero isn't that big of an upgrade. A chair as LB would be much more useful, to be honest.
Have Milan given up on Campbell yet? No chance of a loan or sale there. We want him to stay.

Have Milan given up on Campbell yet? No chance of a loan or sale there. We want him to stay.

From what I've read, yes. Mostly because Wenger said that he wanted to keep him at Arsenal this season, so I don't think we'll go after him anymore. We'll go all in on Cerci.

BuRkii9CQAAEDQS.jpg:large

Look at Messi's new shit haircut.

Enrique looks like Jeremy beadle

Meier

Is the Mangala deal done or not?

He's no longer listed as a player on your site. Porto consider it done, it's just in the hands of the third parties at this point apparently. City are hoping it'll be formally done within the next day or two apparently.

Lightning

Banned
Xavi retired from international football? Best of luck to him. King sized cunt and I hate him with a passion but one of the greatest players I've ever seen and he's had an international many can only dream about. What a player.

He's no longer listed as a player on your site. Porto consider it done, it's just in the hands of the third parties at this point apparently. City are hoping it'll be formally done within the next day or two apparently.
Any additional players for City returning in time for our game? Aguero? Hope not.. I want us to win. Lol

Barzul

Xavi retired from international football? Best of luck to him. King sized cunt and I hate him with a passion but one of the greatest players I've ever seen and he's had an international many can only dream about. What a player.

Any additional players for City returning in time for our game? Aguero? Hope not.. I want us to win. Lol

Doubt any player who took part in the WC final will be fit enough to play. Most of them would just be returning from holiday.

Meier

Like Barzul said, I don't expect the Argentine players will play. Probably see Sagna start against you guys and then likely Nastasic. Mangala hasn't trained at all as he is just getting back from vacation today. Don't think he'd be anywhere near match ready by the 10th.

Hopefully Kompany is fit.. he has been MIA during the preseason.

Barzul

Another reason I think Arteta or Flamini might be off is Chambers. Wenger obviously wants him to get some games in midfield. It's going to be at someone's expense.

Someone please buy Tom Cleverley. He only has a year left on his contract so won't cost too much.

May just end up keeping him, we need another CM and Fellaini is likely to be first out the door.

So depends on who leaves and comes in.

Still thinking we are gonna have a busy deadline day.

Lightning

Banned
Another reason I think Arteta or Flamini might be off is Chambers. Wenger obviously wants him to get some games in midfield. It's going to be at someone's expense.
Chambers ain't playing any games in midfield. Not this season anyway, no way is he ready for that at the level we need. If Wenger thought that there would be no links to Khedira or Carvalho. Chambers is the natural successor to Mertesacker when he gets too old to play every week.

Barzul

Chambers ain't playing any games in midfield. Not this season anyway, no way is he ready for that at the level we need. If Wenger thought that there would be no links to Khedira or Carvalho. Chambers is the natural successor to Mertesacker when he gets too old to play every week.

No I didn't mean he'd be our starter there, but I can definitely see him being used in cup games and less important fixtures. Think he'll rotate between defense and midfield. But will mainly play in defense.

omgkitty

I just realized Per turns 30 next month. Don't really think it will affect him that much though as the one thing most players lose is pace which he doesn't have any already.

Lightning

Banned
No I didn't mean he'd be our starter there, but I can definitely see him being used in cup games and less important fixtures. Think he'll rotate between defense and midfield. But will mainly play in defense.
Aside from the Capital One cup we don't have any 'less important' fixtures. Every league performance is vital.

Last season:

West Brom - 2 points
Swansea - 2 points
Stoke 3 points
Aston Villa 3 points

We lost that many points against those teams last season and if we didn't we'd have won the league. Regardless of all the thrashings, all the bad games against the top 5 teams. We'd have won it. They are the fine lines with these teams in the league.

Barzul

Aside from the Capital One cup we don't have any 'less important' fixtures. Every league performance is vital.

Last season:

West Brom - 2 points
Swansea - 2 points
Stoke 3 points
Aston Villa 3 points

We lost that many points against those teams last season and if we didn't we'd have won the league. Regardless of all the thrashings, all the bad games against the top 5 teams. We'd have won it. They are the fine lines with these teams in the league.

Very good point.

KingGondo

Banned
West Brom - 2 points
Swansea - 2 points
Stoke 3 points
Aston Villa 3 points

We lost that many points against those teams last season and if we didn't we'd have won the league.
So if you had just won 6 games you lost or drew you would have had a lot more points?

You don't say.

KingGondo

Banned
That was fairly obvious and made sense in the context of the discussion.
I get that the EPL is tight and even fixtures against lesser teams matter, but to say "we would have won the league if 6 matches had gone differently" strikes me as grasping at straws.

Even the very best teams drop points against subpar competition over a 38-game schedule. It's inevitable.

wedward

I get that the EPL is tight and even fixtures against lesser teams matter, but to say "we would have won the league if 6 matches had gone differently" strikes me as grasping at straws.

Even the very best teams drop points against subpar competition over a 38-game schedule. It's inevitable.

4 games.

L1NETT

Ass Creed: Rogue looks p good. May have to dust off the PS3 to play it when it comes out.

Gah I know

AC4 was great and Unity looks really really dull but this looks to lean more to the former.

Will wait for the remaster, everything gets bloody remastered nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom