• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
New "concussion rules" for the PL season:

• A player suffering a head injury must now leave the pitch.
  • Team managers or coaching staff will no longer decide if a player continues to play and the final decision will be with the club doctor.
  • Home teams in the Premier League must now have a third "tunnel" doctor on match-days to support the work of the doctors for both sides.
  • The "tunnel" doctor will serve as an extra pair of eyes to spot potential concussions and watch TV replays to see the severity of incidents.

The third doctor should should be the one making the decisions, there were several times in the world cup when the team doctors didn't have the balls to pull the players off.

They should really introduce a rule for an "emergency" substitution where if a player is concussed after all the subs are made that the club can make a 4th substitution or bring back a player already taken off.

Salvadora

BuRkii9CQAAEDQS.jpg:large

Look at Messi's new shit haircut.

The third doctor should should be the one making the decisions, there were several times in the world cup when the team doctors didn't have the balls to pull the players off.

They should really introduce a rule for an "emergency" substitution where if a player is concussed after all the subs are made that the club can make a 4th substitution or bring back a player already taken off.

Would that really be fair? How is it any different to any other injury that forces a player off?
BuRkii9CQAAEDQS.jpg:large

Look at Messi's new shit haircut.

That's not a very good angle for him.

Would that really be fair? How is it any different to any other injury that forces a player off?

That's not a very good angle for him.

Because a concussed player is still able to play, and the players themselves often want to stay on. If a club is defending a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go and all substitutions used then that doctor will be getting pressured by the player and the coach to ensure he can play on.

Pereira knocked out I am still amazed he was allowed to play. He was out cold and the doctor signalled for a sub but Pereira overruled him.

I think that is a really sound idea. It is going to be too easy still for the game to take priority over the player's immediate health needs. If a head injury is ruled a concussion or concussion risk, it should be a free sub.

L1NETT

- Blackpool gonna get Joe Lewis on loan. Great keeper in my book, top signing.
- Leeds chasing Nicky Ajose (lol- couldn't get a game for posh) and Mustapha Yatabare who I signed on my city FM game. I'm sure he can't wait to play under David Hockaday
- Leicester still chasing Troy Deeney it seems. Dunno about that, think he might be a Beckford/Graham and only good at Champ level. We'll see
- We signed Mo Shariff/Ben Williams. Already working on the who shot the Shariff chant
- Wigan want Tonev from Villa. Finally found his level

Barzul

Seeing Khedira's injury problems have me worried. i read he has missed 56 games over the last four years. I don't mind paying the 20-25 million for him, but the 150k wages are the real worry.

I always feel that the defending champs are the favourites until beaten, but Chelsea seem ridiculous to me. The one glaring weakness in their squad has been addressed with Costa, and they have added Fabregas who is one of the top 5 creators of the last 10 years.

I think this Chelsea side could be unstoppable, and with Mourinho's tactics they could even go undefeated.
So with my track record this means they will be finished 6th.

Greatest gaming experience of my life. Absolutely perfect gameplay for me, and the attention to detail was way beyond anything else around at that time IMO.

His injury record is worrying.

Seeing Khedira's injury problems have me worried. i read he has missed 56 games over the last four years. I don't mind paying the 20-25 million for him, but the 150k wages are the real worry.

And 40 of these missed games were due to his last injury. Sure, that counts as well, but it doesn't look like he'll do a Badstuber and get another ACL rupture.

~20 missed matches in 3 years is rather good I'd say.

Barzul

And 40 of these missed games were due to his last injury. Sure, that counts as well, but it doesn't look like he'll do a Badstuber and get another ACL rupture.

Well that puts things in perspective. Kinda like when Ramsey missed a whole season due to his leg break.

Ok, you have slightly reassured my nerves. I will give Wenger the go ahead.

OT seems to be turning into the Comic Book thread. every second thread seems to be comic book related.

With that being said, seeing all the good praise GOTG is getting from FootyGaf i will go see it in about an hour, despite my hatred for Chris Pratt
What an appropriate name.

Hixx

£7m for J-Rod. Alreeeeet that, like.

@SAFCsource 1m
Fabio Borini favourited @SunderlandAFC's confirmation of Jack Rodwell's signing.

Fabio Borini is the new Robbie Keane. Fuck sake.

OT seems to be turning into the Comic Book thread. every second thread seems to be comic book related.

With that being said, seeing all the good praise GOTG is getting from FootyGaf i will go see it in about an hour, despite my hatred for Chris Pratt
What an appropriate name.

Its a bit like every other thread in Gaming being about TLOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom