• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wasnt there a gaf thread on Deviant arts contributions to the Sonic Lore? Funniest thread ive seen in ages.

PowderedToast

"15 Aug 2014 19:45:34

Keep your eye out for Ballotelli on loan..

Cheers

Macca"

macca on liverpool rumours. his accuracy is generally good, whenever he's wrong is when something has actually changed since he's given information.

it makes a lot of sense, and I can see how we wouldnt want to commit to a purchase if true.

FootballFan

Take him off the United supporters list. Take him off!

ibyQU2JFZE5C0t.gif

absolutely disgusting

Literally makes me sick.

Pennywise

Mainz in relegation fight this season for sure. the coach appointment is really weird, why would they sign someone from outside of Germany? plenty of talented coaches everywhere in the german leagues

Mainz is usually pretty calm and they knew about Tuchel long enough.
Most good coaches are bound though, and it looks like they're youth coaches just weren't ready to step up.

I'm not really sure why they picked him.
When even Wooden knows how shitty he is...

Cheers

Macca"

macca on liverpool rumours. his accuracy is generally good, whenever he's wrong is when something has actually changed since he's given information.

it makes a lot of sense, and I can see how we wouldnt want to commit to a purchase if true.

What's in it for Milan?

As overrated :)P) as he is, and with all the problems he brings, he's still their best striker

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not like this Yurt. I would blame this comment on Allegri.
I love you and all but overrated is a shitty term. :(
I'm sorry :lol I hate saying it too, but I couldn't think of any other term. I guess it's just a case of me being in the minority that didn't get why everyone is praising it so much
I enjoyed it, but people were wanking all over it in here. I couldn't stand Pratt and his cheesy dialogue.
Yeah, exactly. Pratt was cool though, everyone was great really.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If I didnt support United it would have been Arsenal, no doubt in my mind about that.

Arsenal gaf weeps for their loss.

sohois

Cheers

Macca"

I would be quite pleased with such a move, though as Hitcher mentions why would Milan go for such a thing?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Cheers

Macca"

Hard to believe, as they said above Balotelli is Milan's best striker.

Elchele

Mainz is usually pretty calm and they knew about Tuchel long enough.
Most good coaches are bound though, and it looks like they're youth coaches just weren't ready to step up.

I'm not really sure why they picked him.
When even Wooden knows how shitty he is...

Proven coaches are/were, but there are a lot of young coaches like Tuchel, Klopp, Roger Schmidt, Weinzierl, etc out there in lower divisions or youth teams. You only have to give them a chance, and surely it would have been a better 'bet' than signing that danish joke

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
trying googling "Immobile"

but he's famous now so I guess you'll get different results than a year ago, so google "immobile deviantart"

After doing this, I extremely recommend it, 10/10

Zabojnik

Overrated is a perfectly good expression. Stop trying to look cool by hating on it. It's so a couple of months ago. #TeamOverrated #ContraTheContrarians

PowderedToast

afaik macca's link is through the players. it could be as much as them hearing he's our target and nothing more.

I would agree, I think Milan would happily sell him but they'd surely need to be sweetened up for a loan, a swap maybe?

FootballFan

I'm sorry :lol I hate saying it too, but I couldn't think of any other term. I guess it's just a case of me being in the minority that didn't get why everyone is praising it so much
much

No wonder you don't like popular things.

Wrong attitude to go into it. Instead of going to see a movie or play a game to find out why everyone likes it, how about instead you just watch/play it and see if you like it.

Going in with a "hmph let's see why everyone jizz' themselves about this" will almost always leave you disappointed.

I've seen people say it is the movie of the year and some say it is boring, neither will change how I go into it. Just like negative reviews didn't stop me getting game of the gen Knack.

Yurt please.

Mr Cola

Because everyone, myself included, is a cunt and basically lied to one-another when we said we'd get some big matches going :p

I can play later if anyone is still up, still recovering from playing football

I was told TLOU would be the end of our Fifa Club, I was also told this about the Destiny Beta. Kyoufu thinks every game release is the end of our club.

Overrated is a perfectly good expression. Stop trying to look cool by hating on it. It's so a couple of months ago. #TeamOverrated #ContraTheContrarians

Yep

Shorthand for 'my opinion of this thing is lower than the consensus'

It gets a bit hairy when people act like something is objectively overrated. Some things are though. Like Iniesta.

Mr Cola

Arsenal GAF will still welcome you with open arms.

The seeds of doubt surrounding your United support have already been planted.
I watch all your games, I enjoy them, I love the meltdowns aswell tbh, Arsenal fans are very volatile at times, its either the best thing ever or everything is wrong.
Well surely as a United fan the Roy Hedgehog era was highly enjoyable for you

Paul Konchesky, for example, must rank as one of your favourite players.
There was a very long spell where I just didnt think about Liverpool because they threatened no-one. Those days are over :( now I think about them all the time.

Kassu

Banned
Dropped out of military service few weeks ago which is somewhat disappointing but at least now I can actually watch some football.

I already have high hopes for tomorrow, Community Shield was just the beginning!
Watch us lose to Palace now

Mr Cola

There was a very long spell where I just didnt think about Liverpool because they threatened no-one. Those days are over :( now I think about them all the time.

I'm fucking petrified of this being 09/10 all over again

Just miss out on the title to a bunch of cunts after an unexpected challenge
Lose a hugely influential player
Replace him with risky signings
Finish 7th

I was told TLOU would be the end of our Fifa Club, I was also told this about the Destiny Beta. Kyoufu thinks every game release is the end of our club.

why would you ever listen to kyoufu in the first place

Because everyone, myself included, is a cunt and basically lied to one-another when we said we'd get some big matches going :p

I can play later if anyone is still up, still recovering from playing football

:p unfortunately i have work tomorrow :( could do tomorrow night if anyone is free.

I fully support United for all games.

For La Liga, I support Madrid. Plain and simple.

Don't see no issues with that.

Also, like Cola, if I didn't support United in England it would be Arsenal or Everton.

Salvadora

I watch all your games, I enjoy them, I love the meltdowns aswell tbh, Arsenal fans are very volatile at times, its either the best thing ever or everything is wrong.
The thing about Arsenal is, our games are nearly always entertaining, even when we play badly.

I know what you mean about the supporters :p, sometimes we yo-yo wildly on a game by game basis.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No wonder you don't like popular things.

Wrong attitude to go into it. Instead of going to see a movie or play a game to find out why everyone likes it, how about instead you just watch/play it and see if you like it.

Going in with a "hmph let's see why everyone jizz' themselves about this" will almost always leave you disappointed.

I've seen people say it is the movie of the year and some say it is boring, neither will change how I go into it. Just like negative reviews didn't stop me getting game of the gen Knack.

Yurt please.

That....doesn't sound like me at all. The movie is 3/5 because it's a 3/5 movie, not because everyone loves it.

Dropped out of military service few weeks ago which is somewhat disappointing but at least now I can actually watch some football.

I already have high hopes for tomorrow, Community Shield was just the beginning!
Watch us lose to Palace now

KASSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! What's up baby! Did you see Bloodborne's new trailer? WE CAN DASH NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom