• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the embargoed stuff?

LVG said our squad is not top quality
LVG said he is still assessing
LVG said we can sign a player in 24 hours

LVG hasn't met Woodward apparently from all that talk.

Can we swap Swansea with liverpool so you guys can fuck us in the ass so someone wakes up and tries to buy some players?

K1LLER7

Herrera may look slight, young, too, but there is something in his initial response: “winner”.Colleagues say he is pesado: relentless, tough, hard-working, always talking. A pain. He knows referees’ names, linesmen’s, too; he reads the game superbly, both tactically and emotionally. He knows football inside out and has, they say, an innate ability to empathise. He’s a players’ player. A leader.

“It’s very, very, very early to say that,” he counters. “I see myself as a worker, shoulder to shoulder with my team-mates. Responsibility? Yes, always but I don’t see myself as the saviour of anything or more than anyone else. A leader? ‘Leader’ is a big word at United. We have leaders like Rooney, Van Persie, Fletcher, Cleverly … I’m here to contribute. Maybe one day I can be considered a leader. Not now.”
Captain Cleverley lol

K1LLER7

LVG said our squad is not top quality
LVG said he is still assessing
LVG said we can sign a player in 24 hours

LVG hasn't met Woodward apparently from all that talk.

Can we swap Swansea with liverpool so you guys can fuck us in the ass so someone wakes up and tries to buy some players?
We'd beat them like we did in pre-season :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal to United will 200% happen.

I swear I'm not even kidding this time

Yes and god damn that game looks good! :D

I'm still trying to work my way through DS2, but I'm not really liking it. :( There's something wrong with it and I'm not exactly sure what it is.
I actually get that, the game did feel a bit different. But it's still good, and it gets WAY WAY better in the last 1/3, so keep going!

Hixx

Dion Dublin: Man Utd Chelsea Man City Liverpool

John Motson: Man Utd Chelsea Man City Liverpool

They should both be sacked for being immense fuckwits.

We'd beat them like we did in pre-season :p

1388272948513.gif

Zabojnik

Nobody is anymore. When you ask a player about his future on the 15th of August and he responds with "my future is to train well" ... I mean, lol, can it be any more obvious?

arkon

I actually get that, the game did feel a bit different. But it's still good, and it gets WAY WAY better in the last 1/3, so keep going!

The 15th August deadline has pretty much gone now. Plus Allegri said no way. Can't get clearer than that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LVG's in for a shock if he thinks Woody is able to sign someone in a day.

Maybe the only thing stopping the signings is LvG?

Outside of the obvious ones that got away of course.

Maybe it is just a matter of price.

honestly, dont you get tired of that fucking joke by now?

Jarnet87

Yurt gonna explode with joy when September 1st hits and Vidal is still at Juventus. Maybe United will get a director of football after another massive transfer with Woodward.

arkon

There was never any deadline, he can always ask for a transfer anytime he wants, and they'll pay whatever price we want for him.

What joke. I'm honestly not joking

The knee assessment deadline. He tore his literal meniscus so they need to see if he can mobilize effectively on the field.

LVG says he still hasn't sat down with Froggie. Maybe I'm the only one to find that interesting or strange. Maybe he really is staying away this time.

Arnie

Not having enough senior defenders isn't assessing the squad, it's absolute incompetence.

For all the talk of midfielders, central defenders and fullbacks were as much of a priority.

You can't just let Evra, Rio, Vidic and The Lord our saviour Buttner just walk away and not replace them.

If it takes 24 hours to bring a player in your should've started 48 hours ago because those two underbaked fuckwits are starting against Swansea.

Big Sam - "This is my opinion and not every managers opinion of course, and certainly by the looks of it not Louis Van Gaal's opinion - he's more into the system that he wants rather than the players he has playing to the system that suits them. I think systems are about suiting the players that you have available to you."

omg

come to us Sam

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Big Sam - "This is my opinion and not every managers opinion of course, and certainly by the looks of it not Louis Van Gaal's opinion - he's more into the system that he wants rather than the players he has playing to the system that suits them. I think systems are about suiting the players that you have available to you."

omg

come to us Sam

that was always ALWAYS LvG's issue. I remember his last season with Bayern vividly

a fucking circus

Arnie

omg

come to us Sam
This deserves a Rio head because King Louis just got merked.

Salvadora

on Mikel Arteta's contract...

He is a strong personality, Mikel Arteta. I don’t really doubt that he will extend his contract but at the moment it is not done.
on Nacho Monreal at centre back...

He can [do well there], yes, because he is intelligent, because he has a good sense of interception. Because he reads the game well and because he is a good passer of the ball and for us it is important coming out from the back. [Opponents] drop off at home so we need very good passing out from the back.
Wenger noooooooooo

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

omg

come to us Sam

Big Sam there.

winner of nothing.

4 out, 1 in

With their season starting in what, 14 hours or so? And they knew those 4 would be leaving for a long time (maybe not Evra.) And their system requires 3 centrebacks.

Unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom