• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

I'm fucking petrified of this being 09/10 all over again

Just miss out on the title to a bunch of cunts after an unexpected challenge
Lose a hugely influential player
Replace him with risky signings
Finish 7th

You're lucky United are still a bit of a shambles.

To think that had they gone for Mourinho instead of Moyes we would discussing now whether or not they could win the league a third consecutive year.

Balotelli on loan would be jokes.

Hoping it happens.

Perfect stopgap.

I want to think it'd be bad, but I can't see many huge drawbacks

If he's good, good
If he's bad, we've still got Sturridge and Lambert if needed
If he's bad and a twat, we freeze him out and get a proper second striker in January

Still can't comprehend a reason for Milan to let him go on loan though

PowderedToast

Finish 7th
I see the comparisons, but it's always felt a bit of a stretch to me. there was so many other factors, rafa was burnt out for one. if we finished outside the top four I would be VERY surprised. I just can't see it happening.

Yen

You're lucky United are still a bit of a shambles.

To think that had they gone for Mourinho instead of Moyes we would discussing now whether or not they could win the league a third consecutive year.
If he couldn't do it with Chelsea last season, he couldn't have done it with United last season.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
why would you ever listen to kyoufu in the first place

:p unfortunately i have work tomorrow :( could do tomorrow night if anyone is free.

Have you ever been called a Bitch by Kyoufu in a voice higher than a 3 year old?

Petrifying

rossonero

There is no way in hell Milan will loan out Balotelli. As others have said there is nothing in it for us and frankly there is no indication that we want to get rid of him.

Besides Galliani said that Balo is staying 99.99% a couple months ago and yesterday he said Balo is staying 99.98% which I take as a good sign because Thiago Silva, Kaká and Zlatan were staying 99.99% too and look what happened.

Zoe is our bb <3 love her to bits!!

She is dead to me now. ;(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Finish 7th

I try not to get too ahead of myself when it comes to young players and while I dont think you will win the league this year, I think you have probably the most exciting youngster int he league since Ronaldo in your team. Build a team around him, if he develops as he has into the future then god.fucking.damn.

pulga

Banned
I fully support United for all games.

For La Liga, I support Madrid. Plain and simple.

Don't see no issues with that.

Also, like Cola, if I didn't support United in England it would be Arsenal or Everton.

So tell me how you manage when Madrid and United meet in the CL! It's weird innit

arkon

“It’s very, very, very early to say that,” he counters. “I see myself as a worker, shoulder to shoulder with my team-mates. Responsibility? Yes, always but I don’t see myself as the saviour of anything or more than anyone else. A leader? ‘Leader’ is a big word at United. We have leaders like Rooney, Van Persie, Fletcher, Cleverly … I’m here to contribute. Maybe one day I can be considered a leader. Not now.”

LTWheels

Mario-Balotelli-Milan-009.jpg

Mr Cola

Im genuinely curious, is anyone betting against United here tomorrow?

I try not to get too ahead of myself when it comes to young players and while I dont think you will win the league this year, I think you have probably the most exciting youngster int he league since Ronaldo in your team. Build a team around him, if he develops as he has into the future then god.fucking.damn.

I wonder how much we can play Sterling before thinking about resting him. Gotta find that balance between giving him as much gametime as possible, and keeping his legs in good working order for when he hits his mid-20s

Don't have a clue what position he'll end up nailing down, assuming he doesn't decline badly. He and Coutinho's best position seems to be at the head of a midfield 3, as tempting as it is to just shove Raheezus onto the wing

Meier

Porto had a 17 year old score on his debut today. Ruben Neves. Youngest player to ever start and score for them apparently. Doesn't even look like he's played a game for Porto B if wiki is accurate.

Juz

Dropped out of military service few weeks ago which is somewhat disappointing but at least now I can actually watch some football.

I already have high hopes for tomorrow, Community Shield was just the beginning!
Watch us lose to Palace now
Did you get C-grade papers or do you have to head back later?

Glad I got done with that shit last year.

Mr Cola

To be fair me being negative is nothing new, there is precious little to discuss in a football thread without games other than transfers or the next game, both of which are worrying me at the moment.

El Topo

FPL team? Where can you do that? I'd like to beat EPLGAF without any knowledge of EPL.

Edit:
Mertesacker has retired from the national team? The fuck is going on?

RiggyRob

To be fair me being negative is nothing new, there is precious little to discuss in a football thread without games other than transfers or the next game, both of which are worrying me at the moment.

Here's the most probable (negative outcome):

We scrape a 2-1 win at the death, after going behind.
LVG praises the mentality of the squad and declares no new signings need to be made.
No new signings are made because of Ewar Woowar's incompetence.
You cry.

Stubo

FPL team? Where can you do that? I'd like to beat EPLGAF without any knowledge of EPL.

Edit:
Mertesacker has retired from the national team? The fuck is going on?
Gonna put it here so you don't have to dig through the whole OP code:

Q: Do you have a GAF Fantasy Premier or Fantasy Champions League League?
A: Yes. Quote this post to see the code (in email tags). Fantasy Premier League:
Premier League Head-to-Head:
GAF Fantasy Champions League: .

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

someone asked Vidal if he's staying or leaving, and his answer was

"im only focused on training well"

robert_baratheon__the_usurper_by_dhigse-d678fvn.jpg

Kassu

Banned
KASSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! What's up baby! Did you see Bloodborne's new trailer? WE CAN DASH NOW
Yes and god damn that game looks good! :D

I'm still trying to work my way through DS2, but I'm not really liking it. :( There's something wrong with it and I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Did you get C-grade papers or do you have to head back later?

Glad I got done with that shit last year.
I'm switching to civilian service or whatever it is called in English. Had to choose between two shit options and this was the least shitty one.

Stubo

LvG certainly doing a lot of assessing.
I have no problem with thorough assessment, but one thing that I do struggle with is that surely he must have a player or two in mind by now. The whole transfer strategy can't still be a big question mark.

We seriously need at least one CB, if not two. What does he need to see from the existing players to influence this decision?

Mr Cola

Ill try to curb the negativity, no point annoying people.

In an hour and a half its gameday :eek:

I have no problem with thorough assessment, but one thing that I do struggle with is that surely he must have a player or two in mind by now. The whole transfer strategy can't still be a big question mark.

We seriously need at least one CB, if not two. What does he need to see from the existing players to influence this decision?

He's already onto his 3rd CB.

We just haven't managed to sign any of them.

Juz

Yes and god damn that game looks good! :D

I'm still trying to work my way through DS2, but I'm not really liking it. :( There's something wrong with it and I'm not exactly sure what it is.

I'm switching to civilian service or whatever it is called in English. Had to choose between two shit options and this was the least shitty one.
Ah okay.

Hang in there. It'll be over soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom