• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Big Sam - "This is my opinion and not every managers opinion of course, and certainly by the looks of it not Louis Van Gaal's opinion - he's more into the system that he wants rather than the players he has playing to the system that suits them. I think systems are about suiting the players that you have available to you."

omg

come to us Sam

Are you sure that's not a quote about Pep? I like Pep, but he seems pretty intent on forcing his own preferred strategy on the team.

HAHAHAHA

Just found this

the parlay prince innit said:
For those of you doubting me. you're in too deep. I'm the Parlay Prince yet I lose 9/10 parlays. I also want to be Nathan Drake and Indian Jones in real life.

Relax "Messi" Relax "Pulga." I know you want to believe because I am good at what I do, but get in touch with reality.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

indian jones

i c a n t

sohois

Strange how Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd all did a lot of transfer activity in bursts at the beginning of the window, in stark contrast to what often occurs, yet once again the start of the season comes and all 3 have at least one major area to sign another player in.

Big Sam - "This is my opinion and not every managers opinion of course, and certainly by the looks of it not Louis Van Gaal's opinion - he's more into the system that he wants rather than the players he has playing to the system that suits them. I think systems are about suiting the players that you have available to you."

omg

come to us Sam

LVG used the 3-5-2 at the World Cup because of the Dutch players he could pick wouldn't fit in the usual 4-3-3. I think he's done the same at United because the same system allows Rooney, Mata and RVP to play in their preferred positions. Big Sam dun goofed.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Strange how Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd all did a lot of transfer activity in bursts at the beginning of the window, in stark contrast to what often occurs, yet once again the start of the season comes and all 3 have at least one major area to sign another player in.

It still amazes me we have signed the least number of players given that we are the most in need of quality. The last two summer windows have been very perplexing.

Meier

Liverpool will win it.

I think you guys will have a great year and Sterling and Sturridge will be monsters again (Henderson should score a bit more too), but no Suarez is just too big of a loss. It's going to be a very interesting season, lots of teams with great shots at the top 4. Think it'll come down to Chelsea and City for the title though. Hope City is in it at least.

Salvadora

I think you guys will have a great year and Sterling and Sturridge will be monsters again (Henderson should score a bit more too), but no Suarez is just too big of a loss. It's going to be a very interesting season, lots of teams with great shots at the top 4. Think it'll come down to Chelsea and City for the title though. Hope City is in it at least.
Additionally, I think the extra Champions League fixtures in a group of death (and possibly going further in the cups) will take a toll on some of the starting 11.
I fully expect Utd to spend about £70m in the last few days of August.
Don't think Tiote would cost that much.

Stubo

HAHAHAHA

Just found this

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

indian jones

i c a n t
ibmj54zWq9Q35F.png

wedward

Thinking back to last year our only signing going into the Villa game was Flamini.

And then our world got flipped upside down.

MESUT arrived and a new era began.

Now sign a fucking CB and DM.

Arnie

I agree that without Suarez we can't do it but at the same time it - oddly - just makes me even more certain that we will.

It's like everyone has written us off yet we play the best football in the league. All of that great football had nothing to do with Suarez. Literally nobody plays better football. Winning football. Fast, attractive, exciting football. We can kill teams in 10 minutes.

Remember these words when we've forced Koeman into Seppuku after goal number five.

dc89

It's insane to think United can't sign players these days. Well I say can't, I mean, they can but it seems like its a real battle.

Where has ruthless gone, where they got who they wanted when they wanted.

Clegg

It's insane to think United can't sign players these days. Well I say can't, I mean, they can but it seems like its a real battle.

Where has ruthless gone, where they got who they wanted when they wanted.
You're 10 years late with your assessment.

Salvadora

Thinking back to last year our only signing going into the Villa game was Flamini.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that we won't sign a DM.

Manolas and that's it.

D_prOdigy

I agree that without Suarez we can't do it but at the same time it - oddly - just makes me even more certain that we will.

It's like everyone has written us off yet we play the best football in the league. All of that great football had nothing to do with Suarez. Literally nobody plays better football. Winning football. Fast, attractive, exciting football. We can kill teams in 10 minutes.

*Arnie parts the ocean before him*

*the Deserve League Table encroaches slowly form the horizon*

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fast coming to the conclusion that we won't sign a DM.

Manolas and that's it.

You'll probably get Schneiderlin on deadline day.

it sounds like he's being held hostage at the moment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28810823

"He has accepted it. It was difficult for him but he came back on Monday and had to understand the situation and accept it. Finally he has.

"His future is here as a football player and he knows that."

Arnie

*Arnie parts the ocean before him*

*the Deserve League Table encroaches slowly form the horizon*
I'm not saying we play nice football for the sake of it, we play football that kills teams and takes us to within an inch of the title.

I thought that was known. Apologies for assuming.

You'll get a reminder on Sunday. And we'll get a reminder of post-Ferguson United tomorrow.

What a time to be living and breathing.

pulga

Banned

The Dawn of the Fourth-placed Finish

Truly breaking new grounds

D_prOdigy

I'm not saying we play nice football for the sake of it, we play football that kills teams and takes us to within an inch of the title.

I thought that was known. Apologies for assuming.

You'll get a reminder on Sunday. And we'll get a reminder of post-Ferguson United tomorrow.

What a time to be living and breathing.

Time to channel the optimism of last season's opening.

*Steps into time machine*

We're all stood in a giant circle around the Liberty Stadium holding hands to transfer our chi and release the Golden Digi-egg for Moyes. Golden Armour Energize.

XZi8c.gif

niMVtgw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom