• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the post # and timestamps. If anything it probably is the Super Ignore script. Oh well.

wtzNu4E.png

Pennywise

Countless hours as Dortmund in FIFA manager mode have left me with a huge soft spot. As much as I want this to be so I can't see past Bayern's squad.

Like I said, I really hope it's another season full of surprises!

Dortmund also beefed up and got enough good players.
Reus,Gündogan,Kuba and Subotic are as good as back.

wedward

"Same old Arsenal" refers to you finishing in the same league position as previous years, despite all this money spent.

"Same old Arsenal" refers to the mental fragility that exists throughout the spine of your current team, resulting in results like those at the Etihad and Anfield.

"Same old Arsenal" refers to Arsenal's season collapsing after so much false promise, despite the forced grin you portray behind your McDonald's Charity Shield.

If Brenton's battleship really is a dingy then you are mere flotsam.

Skrtel just pushed you aside with his oar.

Brenton hasn't won a trophy though.

Dingy.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Look at the post # and timestamps. If anything it probably is the Super Ignore script. Oh well.

yeah it's probably clashing. The super ignore is removing posts and the live thread script is trying to put them back (it's grabbing the page in the background without any extensions modifying it so those posts exist). If you disable super ignore it seems to work fine

Salvadora

"Same old Arsenal" refers to you finishing in the same league position as previous years, despite all this money spent.

"Same old Arsenal" refers to the mental fragility that exists throughout the spine of your current team, resulting in results like those at the Etihad and Anfield.

"Same old Arsenal" refers to Arsenal's season collapsing after so much false promise, despite the forced grin you portray behind your McDonald's Charity Shield.
Firstly, finishing in the same league position is (partially) tied to the fitness issues which are being addressed by the club. Whether it happens, who knows. But something is being done. Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey and many more were all out for long periods of the season. Any club would struggle with that. And despite that, we finished on a higher points total than the previous season with only 7 points being between us and the top.

You have cherry picked the criteria which suits your argument and simply ignored the changes in the club over the last season. That have, for me, indicated another phase in the club's history. Some issues still exist, like the mental fragility you mentioned, but the club has undeniably come on leaps and bounds since the 2012/13 season. And even then, the squad displayed great fortitude to clinch fourth place on the last day of the season.

Simply saying "lololol fourth place Arsenal" is quite reductive and ignorant of the overall situation.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That 24 hour quote has me quite buzzed, im choosing to take it literally

L1NETT

A new era? We'll have to see about that

You've spent some Puma dough which you haven't done for a few years granted, let's see in May whether it works out before we start talking a new phase

Potential is there but don't be counting chickens which have barely even hatched

Now we just have to distinguish between meaningful and shitty trophies. Like winning the CL and winning the FA Cup.

am i rite pulga herpaderp

FA Cup? More like Fucking....Arse Cup

lolz premfaces lolz bantz

Is this Wilbur?

Sal said we won two trophies. Which we did.

...not sure where you are getting a lack of ambition from.

No :lol. I just don't think it's really worth classifying it as a trophy because it's basically a pre season friendly

Would you really say van Gaal has won a trophy already? Same thing really. Two trophies in a few months like Salva said is misleading I think really

wedward

You've spent some Puma dough which you haven't done for a few years granted, let's see in May whether it works out before we start talking a new phase

Potential is there but don't be counting chickens which have barely even hatched

nobody mentioned anything about how we will do this season.

The discussion centered entirely around signing players.

Last season we didn't spend Puma dough.

No :lol. I just don't think it's really worth classifying it as a trophy because it's basically a pre season friendly

Would you really say van Gaal has won a trophy already? Same thing really. Two trophies in a few months like Salva said is misleading I think really

Misleading who?

relax. it's banter m8.

Salvadora

Well, we did see in May when we won the FA Cup.

Pointless argument, anyway. "New era," "new dawn" is obviously interpreted differently by different people.

Pennywise

Pls.

There are enough micky mouse pre-season cups that no one gives a shit about.
Community Shield is certainly part of it.

Tc91

Breaking news from Cadena COPE | Reus to Atletico is done.

Sergi Domínguez @FutbolSergi · 1h
My friend @J__Gato says Marco Reus to Atlético Madrid is a done deal. Club reached verbal agreement with BVB. #ReusRojiblanco

Are Cadena COPE reliable? What's that all about.

K1LLER7

Are Cadena COPE reliable? What's that all about.
Its only done when he's holding their shirt in a press conference. Highly doubt he moves.

Imagine he actually moves to A.Madrid. So many bigger clubs would have missed out on the signing of the summer.

There were rumours that Dortmund may sell to A.Madrid so he doesn't go to Bayern but I think it's just twitter BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom