• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

FA Cup: Liverpool
Capital One Cup: Liverpool
Barclays: Liverpool
Europa League: Liverpool
Champions League: Liverpool
Bundesliga: Liverpool
Ligue 1: Liverpool
La Liga: Liverpool
Serie A: Liverpool

Koko

Banned
FA Cup: Liverpool
Capital One Cup: Liverpool
Barclays: Liverpool
Europa League: Liverpool
Champions League: Liverpool
Bundesliga: Liverpool
Ligue 1: Liverpool
La Liga: Liverpool
Serie A: Liverpool

dean3.gif

Hixx

After reading this Michael Cox piece on the Guardian (which frankly, he could've typed up in 2 minutes) I remember this Zonal Marking post from after the WC where he says he will "do fewer post-match analysis pieces (ie Zonal Marking), and more sporadic posts looking at long-term tactical trends, focusing on players, managers and teams (his ESPN/Guardian stuff)" which I think I'm a bit disappointed about.

The bloke talks out of his Arse about 3/4 of the league yet gets rimmed by armchair managers.

pulga

Banned
One Im not sad is gone is hiroshawn, lost a lot of respect getting banned the way he did. Say what you will about me but I'd never defend women beating scum

AndresON though? Damn. He left too soon. Regresa mi amor.

Meier

yes. there's very little left.

looks like clasie's leaving, too.

it's soul-destroying.
Only getting €9m for him too. Why is Feyenoord having such a fire sale? I know the league is a feeder league effectively and selling stars isn't uncommon, but this one seems abnormally large to me. Were they heavily in debt? Or just funding a £30m move for Guidetti?

Labadal

Redid my FF team.

Krul

B. Davies
Felipe Luis
P. Jones

Fabregas
Sigurdsson
Sterling
Ramsey
A. Johnson

Rooney
Sturridge

Guzan, Naismith, Wisdom, O'Shea.

LegoArmo

FA Cup: Manchester United
Capital One Cup: Manchester United
Premier League: Chelsea
Europa League: Manchester City
Champions League: Chelsea
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: Inter Milan
Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen

Nilaul

Legia appeals for fast track to CAS. CAS needs permission from all parties involved. UEFA says no. CAS fast-tracks anyway. Hearing will be on Monday.

I hope Celtic goes to Europa League; they don't deserve to be in Champions league.

Legia appeals for fast track to CAS. CAS needs permission from all parties involved. UEFA says no. CAS fast-tracks anyway. Hearing will be on Monday.

I hope Celtic goes to Europa League; they don't deserve to be in Champions league.

Aren't there a few similar cases that resulted in fines, which Legia would just have to point to and ask why they're being punished so much more harshly?

Tubie

Damn, Premier League games are so early.

Why can't you be like Spain!?

I'm going to make an effort to follow it closely this season. Will probably watch most of Arsenal and Liverpool games.

Nilaul

Aren't there a few similar cases that resulted in fines, which Legia would just have to point to and ask why they're being punished so much more harshly?

Also their player actually did serve his 3 match ban but wasn't registered. While other clubs were just fined for a suspended player that didnt serve their ban.

Yeah thats whats happening, their also pointing out opposing rules in UEFAs rule book and applying a fairplay cause. I also read on a celtic fan forum they may also try and nullify the original red card.

Also their player actually did serve his 3 match ban but wasn't registered. While other clubs were just fined for a suspended player that didnt serve their ban.

Yeah thats whats happening, their also pointing out opposing rules in UEFAs rule book and applying a fairplay cause. I also read on a celtic fan forum they may also try and nullify the original red card.

Yup, he served his ban and he had zero impact on the game. Considering he played 6 minutes over two legs.

It's happened before and UEFA have just fined the team, but Legia got proper fucked over

bud

Only getting €9m for him too. Why is Feyenoord having such a fire sale? I know the league is a feeder league effectively and selling stars isn't uncommon, but this one seems abnormally large to me. Were they heavily in debt? Or just funding a £30m move for Guidetti?

feyenoord needed the money. de vrij and janmaat had one year left on their contract, so they had no other choice but to sell them. and pelle was promised they'd let him go if a decent offer came in (he wanted to join a qatari club who wanted to pay him millions, but feyenoord couldn't let him go at the time because where else are you going to find a striker like that for dirt cheap?). and of course indi left as well, but i'm not too bothered by that.

for the first time in years, feyenoord can actually spend money on players (although pelle did cost a million or two) as opposed to solely going for free agents, so in that sense they don't need the money for clasie that badly. besides, he still has two years left on his contract so they could always sell him next season. but it sounds like he really wants to leave which isn't surprising--four of his team mates have already left, and there's a big chance he might miss out on european football yet again.

don't worry bud you got kazim richards.

van hooijdonk recommended him, too.

it's embarrassing.

Instead of taking them down, which is becoming more and more of an excercise in futility as more and more people are capturing them, and there are more and more avenures to upload them, they should just watermark high quality official gifs and videos, with league sponsor logos/TV company logos if necessary.

That would take a lot of negotiation with the various organisations who hold rights to the footage at various times, but it'd be better than this pointless waste of time that really makes it clearer than ever that they care more about controlling the product than they do about letting the fans access it.

People aren't going to stop going to matches because there are gifs of them.

I honestly don't even know if you could go to Vegas and do it. I think the sports books here just focus on American sports basically. There may be one or two but it definitely isn't prevalent I doubt. I'd be rich if I could place all the transfer-related bets Bungie does.

I'm happy to help of someone wants. I live in Vegas but am traveling until the 25th. What sorta bets need investigating?

Hey noob question, I really got into foot to ball during the world cup and want to keep watching it. I mainly want to watch the english premier league, how can I stream it? I enjoyed watching it but also enjoyed listening to games on Radio 5 Live. Are the EPL games on radio 5 live, or does Sky own all the broadcasting rights to the EPL? How do I follow the EPL?

Not looking for pirate streams or anything.

GorillaJu

Hey noob question, I really got into foot to ball during the world cup and want to keep watching it. I mainly want to watch the english premier league, how can I stream it? I enjoyed watching it but also enjoyed listening to games on Radio 5 Live. Are the EPL games on radio 5 live, or does Sky own all the broadcasting rights to the EPL? How do I follow the EPL?

Not looking for pirate streams or anything.

We were just talking about this last night. PremierLeaugePass is an option if you use a VPN for Taiwan or New Zealand. I'm using http://www.jsportslive.jp/ but it's in Japanese.

ooooh double post.

inky

5 weeks into the season, 4 defeats (in a row). Our coach is no more. Season is over. Ugh.

Thank god for the BPL so I can't stop watching this shit already.

valeo

FA Cup:Arsenal
Capital One Cup:Cup :Arsenal
Premier League: Chelsea ( :( )
Europa League: Who cares?
Champions League: Chelsea ( :( )
Ligue 1: PSG
La Liga: Real Madrid
Serie A: Fark knows. Juve?

I mean yeah Chelsea has a good team with great additions this summer but I find people are rating them too high, PL league and CL? Do they even have the squad depth?

FootballFan

I'm going to try out the 30 day free premierleague pass trial. See how it works on my tablet, TV, computer etc.

I was banned. :( also been busy packing and moving (and playing Dota 2)

Ahh that's right.

Welcome back mate.

I've probably said that already when you originally returned.

GorillaJu

I mean yeah Chelsea has a good team with great additions this summer but I find people are rating them too high, PL league and CL? Do they even have the squad depth?

Didi knows what's up

"City are a better team than Chelsea. I do not understand why people think the west London club are title favourites. José Mourinho has been on edge since his return. Bringing Didier Drogba back was a strange decision and moves like that often end in tears. They should have kept Samuel Eto'o for another season and I do not see Diego Costa offering them much. Should they have sold Romelu Lukaku? Everton will not be far off the top four with him up front and if you compare how much Manchester United paid for Luke Shaw, they got him for a reasonable price at £28m.

Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his biggest asset is his physicality and while he could bully defenders in Spain, in England they will not be scared of him; as we saw at the World Cup, he is not a ball-playing striker. He was badly found out for Spain.

Chelsea play in a different way and maybe he will be a better fit for them but Roman Abramovich has won everything and wants to see a more expansive style. Cesc Fábregas is obviously a very good signing. I played against him a few times and he is gifted. But is he dominant enough to change Chelsea's style? Can he do that on his own? Has he got the players around him to bring out the best in him? I am not so sure."

FootballFan

FA Cup:Arsenal
Capital One Cup:Cup :Arsenal
Premier League: Chelsea ( :( )
Europa League: Who cares?
Champions League: Chelsea ( :( )
Ligue 1: PSG
La Liga: Real Madrid
Serie A: Fark knows. Juve?

I hope Arsenal wins the first 2 and Liverpool wins the EPL. This has to be the season... but that is just hope. Man City/Chelsea likely have it in the bag. :(

CL belongs to Barca. As does the La Liga.

Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 seriously shouldn't be included in these predictions. I mean it as nicely and genuinely as possible. Bayern, Juve and PSG will win those leagues with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom