• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Decided to do a FF team after all. I'll see how long I keep playing.

Banking on Chelsea smashing Burnley and Fabregas playing a key roll.

Dithering Doldrums for the win!

a94gD4M.png

Lambert is not going to start.

Wes

venison crêpe
1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Manchester United
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Stoke
10.Hull
11. Sunderland
12. West Ham
13. Southampton
14. Aston Villa
15. Swansea
16. QPR
17. Crystal Palace
18. West Brom
19. Leicester
20. Burnley

Manager

City Watch @City_Watch · 10h
Alan Pardew says he plans to invite Pellegrini for a glass of wine and regrets calling the Chilean a "‘f***ing old c**t" last season.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch
Sagna has issued an apology to Zaba for their scuffle in 2011, says he regrets it and they are on good terms now.

Sagna also rejected Wenger's implications that he was tapped up, saying he is professional and there was nothing shady about his move.

BvHE3RFCYAACP90.jpg:large

How very nice of everyone.

Lovren comes across as very likeable and intelligent in his Guardian interview. If he plays well this year I'd expect him to be made captain next season.

Maybe vice captain, I expect Gerrard will still be in the squad next season, though starting very few games, and he'll retire in summer 2016. Only 2 more year of Gerrard if that happens :(

Sentiment>logic in this case, as long as Gerrard still plays for us, he should be club captain, even if Lovren or someone else basically became the real captain by way of essentially playing more.

Go_Ly_Dow

Alan Pardew says he plans to invite Pellegrini for a glass of wine and regrets calling the Chilean a "‘f***ing old c**t" last season.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch
Sagna has issued an apology to Zaba for their scuffle in 2011, says he regrets it and they are on good terms now.

BvHE3RFCYAACP90.jpg:large

How very nice of everyone.

The game is full of cunts

Lovely cunts

Manager

Bacary Sagna hits back at Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger over claims he was tapped up by Manchester City

‘I know exactly what happened, everyone knows,’ he said. ‘I’m not a tricky person. I’m very professional.

‘All I will say is that I was at Arsenal for a number of a years. I have always been straight. I have always given the maximum, even when I came back from injury and was not fully fit, I always played. I don’t know why he said this.
‘I have been fair because I’ve respected my contract. I spent six years on the same contract and never went to the boss’ office to ask for more, but that’s life.
‘It’s not about the money. Can you find one player in Europe who stayed six years on the same contract? That’s what I did and I never asked for anything.’

Arsenal fans taunted Sagna during their team’s 3-0 win over City in the Community Shield at Wembley last weekend, even though he was not playing for his new club.

‘It won’t hurt me,’ he said. ‘I’m ready to expect anything now.
‘It’s not easy to read some comments on social networks. I know it’s only a small minority and not all the Arsenal fans, but it’s still not easy to read it because I feel I gave everything.
‘If I was the first one then okay, but I don’t know what to think. Every time a player leaves they seem to get abuse. There are so many on social networks but that doesn’t represent the whole Arsenal family.
‘Of course, I had a great moment with Arsenal. That will stay with me for the rest of my life, but my team is City now, it is not Arsenal.
‘To me, I made the right choice and I’m very happy to be here, no matter what they think. I’m not the first one to leave their club and I won’t be the last one.
‘I’m looking at my personal life now and I want to fight, get in the team and give the maximum. I don’t look at the negatives.’

Sagna was in tears after Arsenal lifted the FA Cup at Wembley last season as he won his first trophy in English football in his last game for the club.
But the former Auxerre defender insisted that the decision to leave had already been made some time earlier, and he has never had any second thoughts.
‘(Leaving) was very emotional,’ he added. ‘It was not an easy move, but for me it was a personal choice and the right time to do it.
‘Luckily I won a trophy in my very last game. I was very glad and it was a very emotional day for me because I had spent so many years trying to win a trophy. To me we had the potential to win trophies, but we only won one.
‘At the beginning of the season, I knew we had to have a really great season. I wish we had won the league, but we didn’t. At least we won the FA Cup.
‘I knew I had to come (to City), no matter what happened. I had already made my mind up. I wanted to change. I wanted to boost my career. I’m 31 now and it was time to move.’
http://www.*****************/sport/...ene-Wenger-claims-tapped-Manchester-City.html

Been a lot of talk that he will start tomorrow.

Mastadon

Banned
Maybe vice captain, I expect Gerrard will still be in the squad next season, though starting very few games, and he'll retire in summer 2016. Only 2 more year of Gerrard if that happens :(

Sentiment>logic in this case, as long as Gerrard still plays for us, he should be club captain, even if Lovren or someone else basically became the real captain by way of essentially playing more.

I think Gerrard will leave after this season in honesty. He's intimated that he won't be a bit part player in recent interviews.

He was blatantly tapped up tbf, but Arsenal (and everyone else) can hardly complain since everyone does it. They kind of did it themselves with Suarez's agent or someone, otherwise they couldn't have known about that £40m clause

Facism

Gold Member
his wife isn't even hot

seriously what's the point of this transfer

what are they saying about it in turkey?

I wouldn't know because i'm in the UK and barely bother with Turkish sources lol. I just know that he was progressing towards being somewhat of a decent player at Fenerbahce before he seemingly decided to let the lifestyle and money get to his head. Man got lazy.

BeinSports + Unblockus = best online streaming provider. Not limited to one league either.

How does this work?

Was it Euro 2008 where Kazim Richards was surprisingly good, when everyone in England considered him the definition of average?

and we weren't even there

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Looking forward to a good start with an upset victory over Man U.

We're gonna get spanked

How has Gylfi been doing for you in pre-season? I think he's going to score a lot of goals this year.

Ash_69

Did anyone pick up Friday's edition of sport magazine (free mag offloaded outside train stations)?

I quote from the Eden hazard interview:

Who's the most talented player you've played with?
"Samuel Eto - he's one of the best players in the world. Obviously, frank lampard, jt, with eye respect they create and what they've gone through. And, in France, Gervinho - his skills with the ball are insane"

Loooooool.

Did anyone pick up Friday's edition of sport magazine (free mag offloaded outside train stations)?

I quote from the Eden hazard interview:

Who's the most talented player you've played with?
"Samuel Eto - he's one of the best players in the world. Obviously, frank lampard, jt, with eye respect they create and what they've gone through. And, in France, Gervinho - his skills with the ball are insane"

Loooooool.

The precious cunt ignored Origi. This is unacceptable.

Makareu

My predictions :
1 Chelsea
2/3 Liverpool
2/3 Arsenal
4 Man City

The thing is, with 7 strong teams, the odds for a spectacular meltown to happen to one of them are pretty high (please be Chelsea with Costa headbutting Mourhino).
Should be a fun season.

DBT85

How does this work?

Looking into this myself, move out of my folks today where they have all the sports so would be nice to have them at the new place and I can split the cost with my brother.

You can see the price here

http://www.en.beinsports.net/connect-the-offer

$130 for the season but they broadcast EVERY game, not just the ones that SKY or BT show.

The other part is to convince the site that you're somewhere else.

There are other options too I think.

SHarris78

How has Gylfi been doing for you in pre-season? I think he's going to score a lot of goals this year.

He's done okay, bagged a couple of goals. My concern is he still sees the Swans as playing the same footbal they did when he was there, unfortunately that passing / possession style has long gone, and judging by their play in the pre-season, i'm thinking we will struggle this year.

Any of you guys got any predictions for something mental happening that nobody expects. Not necessarily something you think will happen, just something you think could happen.

I don't think it's that unlikely for Man Utd to have a similarly bad season as they did last time. I expect they'll finish at least 5th, but I wouldn't assume it.

Any of you guys got any predictions for something mental happening that nobody expects. Not necessarily something you think will happen, just something you think could happen.

I don't think it's that unlikely for Man Utd to have a similarly bad season as they did last time. I expect they'll finish at least 5th, but I wouldn't assume it.

This is my prediciton for this season:

4. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. City
4. United
5. Everton
6. Liverpool
7. Stoke
8. Spurs

It depends on your definition of mental.

Salazar

It's not impossible. But Moyes was an incompetent, morale-killing numpty.

LvG might be insane, but he can exercise a brisk rationality about what's happening on the pitch. And he'll tell journalists to fuck off instead of baring his soul about how he dunno how he's going to fix things.

Lightning

Banned
He was blatantly tapped up tbf, but Arsenal (and everyone else) can hardly complain since everyone does it. They kind of did it themselves with Suarez's agent or someone, otherwise they couldn't have known about that £40m clause
Of course Sagna was tapped up. But we tapped up Sanchez, we tapped up Debuchy as well. No complaints about that as we got Sagna's best years so fair play to him.

Scum

Soldado scoring from open play.
#LamelaAlive.
Newcastle becomes everyone's bogey team.

anthonyOA

The stage really is set for Lamela to score and become a Spurs hero at West Ham.

anyways,

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Manchester United
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Stoke

What a bloody competitive league, chaps!

Looks out for Hoddle's Hoodlums in Fantasy Footy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom