• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
City better than Chelsea? Yes. I completely agree. While I'm a Mou fan I also think the engineer has him beat overall.. Dunno but I think Mou's golden years are behind him. City has the depth to really take a run at both PL & CL - with Chelsea I find they're one Costa injury away.

I made this tonight, hala madrid.

Rzj0C7L.jpg

FootballFan

Didi knows what's up

"City are a better team than Chelsea. I do not understand why people think the west London club are title favourites. José Mourinho has been on edge since his return. Bringing Didier Drogba back was a strange decision and moves like that often end in tears. They should have kept Samuel Eto'o for another season and I do not see Diego Costa offering them much. Should they have sold Romelu Lukaku? Everton will not be far off the top four with him up front and if you compare how much Manchester United paid for Luke Shaw, they got him for a reasonable price at £28m.

Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his biggest asset is his physicality and while he could bully defenders in Spain, in England they will not be scared of him; as we saw at the World Cup, he is not a ball-playing striker. He was badly found out for Spain.

Chelsea play in a different way and maybe he will be a better fit for them but Roman Abramovich has won everything and wants to see a more expansive style. Cesc Fábregas is obviously a very good signing. I played against him a few times and he is gifted. But is he dominant enough to change Chelsea's style? Can he do that on his own? Has he got the players around him to bring out the best in him? I am not so sure."

Jesus christ. He has no idea what he is saying. lol

How do some people get these jobs. "Ey m8 I used to play footy, don't watch much though, gimme job"

wedward

City have the best squad. No question. I think Chelsea potentially have the best starting 11. Depends on if Cesc returns to his PL days level and how Costa does.

Doesn't matter though. Arsenal will go top tomorrow and will still be top on May 25, 2015.

Tegris

These are the definitive predictions. You won't find better predictions anywhere else.

1. Liverpool (u erd)
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Manchester United
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Tottenham
9. Stoke
10. Southampton
11. Sunderland
12. QPR
13. Swansea
14. Hull
15. Crystal Palace
16. Burnley
17. West Brom
18. West Ham
19. Aston Villa
20. Leicester

FA Cup: Manchester City
League Cup: Manchester United
Champions League: PSG
Europa League: Fiorentina
La Liga: Real Madrid
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
Serie A: Juventus
Ligue 1: PSG

City better than Chelsea? Yes. I completely agree. While I'm a Mou fan I also think the engineer has him beat overall.. Dunno but I think Mou's golden years are behind him. City has the depth to really take a run at both PL & CL - with Chelsea I find they're one Costa injury away.

I made this tonight, hala madrid.

Rzj0C7L.jpg

looks great

We were just talking about this last night. PremierLeaugePass is an option if you use a VPN for Taiwan or New Zealand. I'm using http://www.jsportslive.jp/ but it's in Japanese.

ooooh double post.

Thanks for the help! I use Private Internet Access for my VPN though and they don't have any servers in those regions. Do you have a VPN recommendation for those regions? I used to use tunnelbear but they don't let you use torrents with the VPN on which was a huge minus for me, and I tried hidemyass but they only worked intermittently with torrents.

Does BBC really not have any radio broadcast of football matches? Their radio announcers during the world cup were fantastic, but I didn't learn any of their names so I don't know what networks they work at when they aren't covering the world cup.

wedward

“I don’t rule it out. I am still looking. If we find a candidate, I don’t rule it out. We have many games to play. If Chambers goes into midfield, we are short at the back. So we are a bit short. Numbers-wise we are maybe a bit short in certain areas, but the depth of the squad is very good.”

This sounds like we will only be signing a CB and Chambers will be used as our holding mid.

Lightning

Banned
“I don’t rule it out. I am still looking. If we find a candidate, I don’t rule it out. We have many games to play. If Chambers goes into midfield, we are short at the back. So we are a bit short. Numbers-wise we are maybe a bit short in certain areas, but the depth of the squad is very good.”

This sounds like we will only be signing a CB and Chambers will be used as our holding mid.
Yeah not sure how I feel about that but I have had the feeling for a while that 1 more player was all we're getting.

I just hope Wenger learned from our away performances last season that we need different tactics when travelling. As it was our tactics and set up that caused those results more than the players we have.

Lightning

Banned
I am excited to see how Chambers does in the holding role.
Chambers will be excellent. Wenger obviously sees much in the player and he's a very good player but it's a tough role so he will need time and against quick counter attacking teams would be a poor option until he's more experienced.

I have infinite confidence in Chambers ability.

Lightning

Banned
Giroud
Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla
Arteta, Wilshere
Debuchy, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs
Szczesny

I don't think Kos will play for some reason.

wedward

Giroud
Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla
Arteta, Wilshere
Debuchy, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs
Szczesny

I don't think Kos will play for some reason.

Wenger said in his press conference he would.

Why do you have Cazorla and Sanchez switched?

Jack played further forward than Rambo against City. I expect the same against Palace.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The day has finally come, at last we will have revenge. My predicted team v West Ham:

Lloris
Naughton Kaboul Dier Rose
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Holtby Eriksen
Adebayor

GQman2121

Banned
What overseas site are people using this season? I'm not seeing any links in the thread. I want to watch the Cup games and La Liga in better quality.

jtb

Banned
like every single player in our squad sees themselves as a number 10. why can't they just play in their fucking position and be happy about it.

Jack could be a decent 10, certainly the best position to hide the deficiencies of his game, but I see him as below Ozil, Cazorla and probably even Rosicky in the pecking order.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger said in his press conference he would.

Why do you have Cazorla and Sanchez switched?

Jack played further forward than Rambo against City. I expect the same against Palace.
From what I've heard he's still touch and go. Don't think it's worth the risk personally regarding Kos.

As for Santi/Sanchez. Sanchez on the right, Cazorla on the left would be preferred by me.

I have more confidence in Ramsey than I have in Wilshere and further forward is the harder role.

Mastadon

Banned
Lovren comes across as very likeable and intelligent in his Guardian interview. If he plays well this year I'd expect him to be made captain next season.

DBT85

Guys at work getting setup for a busy opening day!

Some of you would cream yourselves surrounded by this much football.

bjaelke

My final predictions before I leave for work:

1 City
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 Liverpool
5 United
6 Spurs
7 Stoke
8 Newcastle
9 West Ham
10 Everton
11 Sunderland
12 Swansea
13 WBA
14 Southampton
15 QPR
16 Aston Villa
17 Crystal Palace
18 Burnley
19 Hull
20 Leicester

Top scorer:

gotgstudger_zps647e0f28.gif

Lovren comes across as very likeable and intelligent in his Guardian interview. If he plays well this year I'd expect him to be made captain next season.

I'd like Henderson to take on that role.

tri_willy

My final predictions before I leave for work:

1 City
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 Liverpool
5 United
6 Spurs
7 Stoke
8 Newcastle
9 West Ham
10 Everton
11 Sunderland
12 Swansea
13 WBA
14 Southampton
15 QPR
16 Aston Villa
17 Crystal Palace
18 Burnley
19 Hull
20 Leicester

Top scorer:

gotgstudger_zps647e0f28.gif

I'd like Henderson to take on that role.

amazing

Blablurn

I'm listening to that Pep biography right now. Interesting stuff. I really wonder how long he is going to stay in Munich. Some expert said probably not very long. Some say after being done with Bayern he is going to England. Afterwards he is going to coach Spain. Apparently he's not here to create a dynasty.

DBT85

Decided to do a FF team after all. I'll see how long I keep playing.

Banking on Chelsea smashing Burnley and Fabregas playing a key roll.

Dithering Doldrums for the win!

a94gD4M.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom