• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

crazy that man u lost two cl finals against peps barca
You've spent the entire day referencing bits of the book in the order that they appear.

Have you spent the whole day sat in some K-pop enclave reading it?

Normally I wouldn't ask but I reckon you're the type to go to the extreme and just blast through a book in a single conscious burst.

Then you'll have four hamburgers and dream of cartoon titties.

Slizz

You've spent the entire day referencing bits of the book in the order that they appear.

Normally I wouldn't ask but I reckon you're the type to go to the extreme and just blast through a book in a single conscious burst.

:lol

Blablurn

lol

all i did today was listening to the book while playing grid 2.

it was one of the better saturdays lately

Clegg

Decent piece by Daniel Taylor on LvG and Koeman needing big money support from the respective clubs executive boards.

Also included this gem:

The defeat to Swansea merely highlighted what they should already have known, namely that there is considerable work to be done. Unless they think it normal for a club of their stature to start the season with two fit senior defenders. Some background: United did spend a long time looking at Eliaquim Mangala, Manchester City’s new signing, but concluded that £32m, with hefty agent fees on top, was too much for a centre-half one of the people involved in the process has described (without it necessarily meaning to sound like an insult) as a “cross between Joseph Yobo and Jean‑Alain Boumsong”.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Decent piece by Daniel Taylor on LvG and Koeman needing big money support from the respective clubs executive boards.

Also included this gem:

If we are rebuilding the pace we are going at is hurting us, I dont think anyone can argue against that, last year was a dead year, this year, 2 weeks left in the window, is looking a bit glum. I dont think we can afford to let Blackett find his feet, or afford to let players who have siphoned off on the bench stay there.

We are treading water and nothing more.

If we are rebuilding the pace we are going at is hurting us, I dont think anyone can argue against that, last year was a dead year, this year, 2 weeks left in the window, is looking a bit glum. I dont think we can afford to let Blackett find his feet, or afford to let players who have siphoned off on the bench stay there.

We are treading water and nothing more.

Yea, that's rebuilding pace slower than Indian government projects

Clegg

Lets be honest. Blind and Rojo aren't going to do a whole lot better than what we currently have and will be overpriced to boot. We probably need to get them tho coz our aquad is so poor atm. It's the top class players that we desperately need to get. But apart from maybe having a slight chance at getting Di Maria, there's no other player we have a hope in attracting in our current state.

Bold One

You know what I miss, counter attacking football

Remember when we used to counter at speed?
Been lacking pace for a good long while, our paciest players are too inconsistent.

It was never going to be easy but this could be our most difficult season ever

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Lets be honest. Blind and Rojo aren't going to do a whole lot better than what we currently have and will be overpriced to boot. We probably need to get them tho coz our aquad is so poor atm. It's the top class players that we desperately need to get. But apart from maybe having a slight chance at getting Di Maria, there's no other player we have a hope in attracting in our current state.

Its such a clusterfuck of a situation now, its panic buy time but LvG doesnt seem like a panic buyer, who knows maybe next week we will play better and some of the nerves will lift, the project is just getting more and more delayed as two managers now have had to assess deadwood, we lost 2 windows in essence with last summer and this one.

Resorting to 4-3-3 at half time is very worrying, its an admission that we couldnt make the required one work, if we go back to 4-3-3 we have no pace to attack or counter and Mata/Rooney get shunted around again.

Slizz

Its such a clusterfuck of a situation now, its panic buy time but LvG doesnt seem like a panic buyer, who knows maybe next week we will play better and some of the nerves will lift, the project is just getting more and more delayed as two managers now have had to assess deadwood, we lost 2 windows in essence with last summer and this one.

Resorting to 4-3-3 at half time is very worrying, its an admission that we couldnt make the required one work, if we go back to 4-3-3 we have no pace to attack or counter and Mata/Rooney get shunted around again.

Think you are focusing too much on the formation switch. Lingard started...... because everyones hurt, then he got hurt. What's LVG to do?

Mr Cola

Think you are focusing too much on the formation switch. Lingard started...... because everyones hurt, then he got hurt. What's LVG to do?

He admitted after the game that he couldnt use this formation against a team that clusters the midfield, which will happen in the PL, the guys on BT quoted that in the last 18 times the formation had been used it had failed to win in the PL, its something people brought up here when he was hired. My worry is we spent all our pre season learning a formation that doesnt work and we dont have the personnel for.

With our injuries, lack of a proper left footed starter, I think either Blind or Rojo would be an improvement. Blind being able to be deployed as a LB in a back 4 or a LWB in a 352 is a big plus. Either would be better than Blackett who should actually would be loaned out for experience.

The fact that we can't get rid of the deadwood that has been there for past 3 seasons or so is very worrying. I didn't mind the switch to 4-3-3 though as Hernandez doesn't work in a 352.

Bold One

Exactly we have 9 players currently crippled or unfit, this was already going to be tough with everyone else strengthening

Are you ready for us to lose 1-0 on Monday?

Copenhagen has done nothing but lose and be shit, other than the Dnipro matches, we lost 3-0 to semi pro's at home... I am ready for anything, you could tie me up and have a horse penetrate me, and I would have already expanded myself enough in advance to just feel like it's another day of watching football. The only joy in football is seeing other teams I don't like failing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom