• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Aaron Ramsey is simply amazing. POTY. His ability to be at the right place at the right time is something that cannot be taught.

A bit late but what the hell

why would he be at the match then? It wouldn't surprise me if we end up signing Brooks (Hertha) to get more of the USA market. The club is just a marketing joke nowdays anyway

He has worked for Leverkusen for like his whole life.

That means he's probably lived in Cologne most of his life. Wouldn't be surprised if he has friends at Viktoria or is even fond of the club.

Aaron Ramsey is simply amazing. POTY. His ability to be at the right place at the right time is something that cannot be taught.

such a change in transformation from the end of the 12/13 season to where he is now. And to think we were going to let him go on loan again, lol.

/basedwenger

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It sure is interesting seeing what my life would be like as a single man with my wife away at the v festival this weekend, basically boils down to watching plenty of football, batman films, start drinking in 1 in the afternoon and eating nothing but lollies and birdseye Turkey dinner ready meals.

Great isnt it, relationships are a nuisance

These guys are gonna be amazing this season

10430401_755797601147q5jhc.jpg

Also, this looks great, too bad he's going to Athletic Mailand:

10392309_962738137071frjgk.jpg

Elchele

A bit late but what the hell

He has worked for Leverkusen for like his whole life.

That means he's probably lived in Cologne most of his life. Wouldn't be surprised if he has friends at Viktoria or is even fond of the club.

ha, I skipped like the 8 pages that happened after my last post and just ended up in this one with your answer. Actually, I hope we sign Höwedes, it would actually make sense after all the illogical signings we have made since Pep took over.

jtb

Banned
I'm pretty worried that Ramsey is going to spend a significant chunk of the season injured, but no world cup should be good to keep him pretty fresh for the start of the season at least.

He's better than Yaya.

Was at the match at OT today. Felt exactly like it did under Moyes. United don't have the players that fit into LVGs 3 - 5 - 2 system. Take Young for example. Here is a map of his passes for the match:

3C2SsHD.png

90% of those are passes he received from Blackett, where he took one touch and then immediately passed the ball back to Blackett. Not once did he try and take on the Swansea right back. Not once did he create any sort of chance. He's an absolute waste of space. I thought the back 3 did okay today, apart from the total loss of concentration for the second goal. But then again, Swansea sat back for most of the match and hardly troubled the defence, so against a more attacking team who knows how they would have done.

Midfield was shite, watching from the stands, the only player to make any sort of movement to find free space was Herrera. Fletcher played like he was a fucking tree rooted in the middle of the pitch, and Mata was non existent. Upfront Rooney did okay, took his goal well. Hernandez was poor, don't think he really fits into the team, wouldn't mind him moving on. Janujaz was bright for most of the match when he came on. Did a lot more down the wing than shitty Young. But then again, he was poor defensively and hardly tracked back, so I don't think he fits the wing back role.

Ultimately we need a ball playing defender, a box-to-box cm and another wingback. In reality we'll maybe get a defender and thats it.

Lightning

Banned
I'm pretty worried that Ramsey is going to spend a significant chunk of the season injured, but no world cup should be good to keep him pretty fresh for the start of the season at least.

He's better than Yaya.
If Wenger uses his brain and alternates Wilshere and Ramsey we should be alright, If he plays Ramsey every week then yeah he will be injured by December.

Barzul

You do have a new fitness coach.

cartoon_soldier is a United fan but his point is correct, his injury coincided with our collapse. And you're right we do have a new fitness coach Shad Forsythe, I'm hoping he can have significant impact on player injuries.

Bold One

Was at the match at OT today. Felt exactly like it did under Moyes. United don't have the players that fit into LVGs 3 - 5 - 2 system. Take Young for example. Here is a map of his passes for the match:

3C2SsHD.png

90% of those are passes he received from Blackett, where he took one touch and then immediately passed the ball back to Blackett. Not once did he try and take on the Swansea right back. Not once did he create any sort of chance. He's an absolute waste of space. I thought the back 3 did okay today, apart from the total loss of concentration for the second goal. But then again, Swansea sat back for most of the match and hardly troubled the defence, so against a more attacking team who knows how they would have done.

Midfield was shite, watching from the stands, the only player to make any sort of movement to find free space was Herrera. Fletcher played like he was a fucking tree rooted in the middle of the pitch, and Mata was non existent. Upfront Rooney did okay, took his goal well. Hernandez was poor, don't think he really fits into the team, wouldn't mind him moving on. Janujaz was bright for most of the match when he came on. Did a lot more down the wing than shitty Young. But then again, he was poor defensively and hardly tracked back, so I don't think he fits the wing back role.

Ultimately we need a ball playing defender, a box-to-box cm and another wingback. In reality we'll maybe get a defender and thats it.
We need to go all out for Vidal or we are screwed, teams will just sit back and counter

I'm honestly beginning to see Lightning's hype for him. He'll obviously make some mistakes and has some learning to do, but I think he's the real deal. Southampton have a serious eye for talent.

Sure, he has looked good. But come on - today's game was against Crystal Palace, not bloody Chelsea or something. And he played well against City, but City were shit on the day. Will be much much stronger in the league.

That is two games. At least wait until he's played a whole season at CB (which he won't imo)

3C2SsHD.png

It wasn't a back 3 for the whole match. At half time, Young went to lb and Jones went to rb. We played with wingers in Nani and Januzaj.

The fact that James didn't come in for Lingard says it all about his chances. Same for Cleverley. He didn't even make the bench over Fellaini.

Lightning

Banned
Sure, he has looked good. But come on - today's game was against Crystal Palace, not bloody Chelsea or something. And he played well against City, but City were shit on the day. Will be much much stronger in the league.

That is two games. At least wait until he's played a whole season at CB (which he won't imo)
The important thing for him is the experience though. He obviously isn't going to play every week but isn't it reassuring that if say Merte or Kos go down Chambers can do a job? I'm not saying he's the next Hummels but last season whenever Vermaelen was on the pitch most Arsenal fans were just waiting for the mistake to come. I don't have that feeling with Chambers and the way he handles himself on the pitch, confidence he has, the potential is huge with him and he will only get better,

I've never said he's a Kos or Merte NOW, I said he has potential to push them and IMO will be a top top player. Our defensive stability is already better now because I would rather have Chambers playing than Vermaelen,

It wasn't a back 3 for the whole match. At half time, Young went to lb and Jones went to rb. We played with wingers in Nani and Januzaj.

The fact that James didn't come in for Lingard says it all about his chances. Same for Cleverley. He didn't even make the bench over Fellaini.

Young was shit in both halves

Jarnet87

3C2SsHD.png

We need Vidal, Cuadrado, Benatia, Blind, and Di Maria. Lawd help us, we won't even get one. Said the same thing about Young, he looked slow, timid, utterly useless on the left. In preseason he looked much better and more confident workinng on the right, unfortunately we've got an abundance of players who can work that side. Fletcher is what he is, a serviceable midfielder who can contribute when we are coasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom