• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

I'm honestly beginning to see Lightning's hype for him. He'll obviously make some mistakes and has some learning to do, but I think he's the real deal. Southampton have a serious eye for talent.

We don't buy success, we breed it.

BvJWSBjIUAAfVM8.png

It wasn't a back 3 for the whole match. At half time, Young went to lb and Jones went to rb. We played with wingers in Nani and Januzaj.

Yes I know, but we've played 3 - 5 -2 for most of preseason and the first half of this match, so it's clear that that's the formation LVG wants United to play. We were just as bad when we went to 442. Nani did fuck all, Janujaz was the only bright spark.

Edit: MOTD time, back in a bit

Clegg

United is a shambles. Won't pay £50m for Di Maria and won't pay £30m for Benatia. We'll sign Blind if we're lucky. Watch this space me bollocks.

Nani, Zaha and Anderson no longer training with the first team squad and aren't even allowed eat meals with them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching what I missed earlier today

Turns out we were really poor for most of the first half

We started OK but once West Ham settled down we let them box us in. Downing had way too much room to cross the ball. Second half we were a lot more solid.

Young was shit in both halves

I know

Yes I know, but we've played 3 - 5 -2 for most of preseason and the first half of this match, so it's clear that that's the formation LVG wants United to play. We were just as bad when we went to 442. Nani did fuck all, Janujaz was the only bright spark.

I thought Nani did well compared to the rest of the team. Combined with players, didn't turn it over, and ran at players. He should leave though.

K1LLER7

Missed the 2nd half of the Arsenal game.

Looks like Ramsey bailed them out once again. Amazing how he's changed from a couple of seasons ago. Glad I had him in my FL team over Sanchez. Arsenal will look good once Ozil returns. Also Mertasacker, because I didn't think Chambers was very good (based on what I watched in the 1st half).

On United, have we gotten any news on Benatia/Vidal/Maria/Cuadrado/ANYBODY. Massively disappointed about how we played today. Looked nothing like the team playing in Pre-Season.

If we play 3-5-2, we need fullbacks who will be willing to attack. Not just pass sideways and backwards like Young did today. Also, as another poster pointed out, the front 2 don't work because it requires one of them to play a similar role to that of which Robben had during the WC. Chicha and Rooney are not capable of picking the ball up and running at players or creating space. There will be the same problem with RVP & Rooney too. The only players who have looked capable of playing that Robben role are: Welbeck and Januzaj.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Everyone, ever pundit is saying we need players in several positions, i have to believe LvG knows this.

L1NETT

Oh god Alan Shearer

fuck off

then come back

fuck off again

and then never come back

Just farting out cliches in a whispery geordie accent.

We started OK but once West Ham settled down we let them box us in. Downing had way too much room to cross the ball. Second half we were a lot more solid.

Don't understand why we let that happen. We're much quicker than them and they didn't have the quality to play good balls in behind. The back four should have pushed much higher up the pitch.

Missed the 2nd half of the Arsenal game.

Looks like Ramsey bailed them out once again. Amazing how he's changed from a couple of seasons ago. Glad I had him in my FL team over Sanchez. Arsenal will look good once Ozil returns. Also Mertasacker, because I didn't think Chambers was very good (based on what I watched in the 1st half).

On United, have we gotten any news on Benatia/Vidal/Maria/Cuadrado/ANYBODY. Massively disappointed about how we played today. Looked nothing like the team playing in Pre-Season.

If we play 3-5-2, we need fullbacks who will be willing to attack. Not just pass sideways and backwards like Young did today. Also, as another poster pointed out, the front 2 don't work because it requires one of them to play a similar role to that of which Robben had during the WC. Chicha and Rooney are not capable of picking the ball up and running at players or creating space. There will be the same problem with RVP & Rooney too. The only players who have looked capable of playing that Robben role are: Welbeck and Januzaj.

RVP will be better than Hernandez, he will be involved more. It will be better.

Clegg

Everyone, ever pundit is saying we need players in several positions, i have to believe LvG knows this.

Of course he does. Why would you even ask this?

The problem is that our executive vice chairman is a fuckwit and we won't pay top dollar for the best players. They probably wouldn't want to join us either.

3Sixty

Don't understand why we let that happen. We're much quicker than them and they didn't have the quality to play good balls in behind. The back four should have pushed much higher up the pitch.

What were the possession %?

Did you boss the ball us much as we did under Poch?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What were the possession %?

Did you boss the ball us much as we did under Poch?

Until Naughton got sent off we had like 65% of the ball. Then we had to move Capoue into defense and we couldn't dominate midfield so much.

We worked very hard though, just had a few nerves for the 20 minutes after the red card. We lost a man at a similar time in that fixture last season and crumbled instantly, this time we showed a lot more grit.

Bold One

The problem is that our executive vice chairman is a fuckwit and we won't pay top dollar for the best players. They probably wouldn't want to join us either.
The most valuable sports brand in the world can't get a raise buck to strengthen the side, the glazers really are a parasite

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Clegg just tell me its going to be ok :(

I read a story about a bear eating 5 people alive on a work site, being eaten alive will give me nightmares.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LVG's formation was NOT a 3-5-2, it was a 3-4-1-2 (3-4-3), which is a bit different.

Not only is it more attacking but he also used two wingers instead of wingbacks (or basically two cunts who know how to defend and not Jesse/Januzaj and Young), fucking suicidal.

your back three played right into their 4-2-3-1 and your defense had no support from your wide men for obvious reasons

LVG's formation was NOT a 3-5-2, it was a 3-4-1-2 (3-4-3), which is a bit different.

Not only is it more attacking but he also used two wingers instead of wingbacks (or basically two cunts who know how to defend and not Jesse/Januzaj and Young), fucking suicidal.

your back three played right into their 4-2-3-1 and your defense had no support from your wide men for obvious reasons

But was that LVG or the players out there being shit.

Young showed he COULD play as a wingback preseason but we all knew sooner or later he would turn to the utter fucking shit he is. And he did that in the first game that actually mattered.

But Januzaj is not a wingback and should never play as one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
and if you're seriously considering using a 3-5-2/3-4-3, Vidal won't be the player who will make it all suddenly tick/clank, you NEED tireless wingbacks like Licht and Asamoah. Or really just fucking decent fullbacks
But was that LVG or the players out there being shit.

Young showed he COULD play as a wingback preseason but we all knew sooner or later he would turn to the utter fucking shit he is. And he did that in the first game that actually mattered.

But Januzaj is not a wingback and should never play as one.

It was LVG. He used two players out of position (yes, they're out of position in this formation).

LVG's Bayern all over again.

Clegg

Clegg just tell me its going to be ok :(

I read a story about a bear eating 5 people alive on a work site, being eaten alive will give me nightmares.

It's probably not going to be "ok" until the Glazer's sell the club. We're the self professed biggest club in the world and boast about all revenue we can generate. But we're constantly outspent by our rivals. We may panic buy a few players before the close of the window. We'll finish 6th or summat.

K1LLER7

Although our wingbacks were meh, the goals both came from terrible tracking from the midfielders Herrera, Fletcher/Fellaini imo.

Move to a 433:

Rooney - RVP - Januzaj

-------- Mata -------

Herrera ----- new CM

Shaw - Benatia - Smalling - Rafael

and if you're seriously considering using a 3-5-2/3-4-3, Vidal won't be the player who will make it all suddenly tick/clank, you NEED tireless wingbacks like Licht and Asamoah. Or really just fucking decent fullbacks

It was LVG. He used two players out of position (yes, they're out of position in this formation).

LVG's Bayern all over again.

With Vidal I would want to switch to a 4213

Young played more as a back than a winger during the first half. Then 2nd half as LB he sucked even more shit.

Mr Cola

It's probably not going to be "ok" until the Glazer's sell the club. We're the self professed biggest club in the world and boast about all revenue we can generate. But we're constantly outspent by our rivals. We may panic buy a few players before the close of the window. We'll finish 6th or summat.

Better than 7th and avoids the Europa league
iRSE6Jqj0HXqO.png

Mr Cola

Although our wingbacks were meh, the goals both came from terrible tracking from the midfielders Herrera, Fletcher/Fellaini imo.

Move to a 433:

Rooney - RVP - Januzaj

-------- Mata -------

Herrera ----- new CM

Shaw - Benatia - Smalling - Rafael

Why would you name Fletch vice captain and not play him? It makes no sense to me, moment i heard it i knew we were not in for a CM this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom