• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Although our wingbacks were meh, the goals both came from terrible tracking from the midfielders Herrera, Fletcher/Fellaini imo.

Not wingbacks, they were wingers, you can't expect them to turn in a shift defensively

It's hard to blame your two mids considering they were covering the whole pitch with no support from the wide men. And one of them has a human immunodeficiency virus infection ffs

K1LLER7

Why would you name Fletch vice captain and not play him? It makes no sense to me, moment i heard it i knew we were not in for a CM this window.
Vice captain doesn't mean much imo. Who even was our previous VC?

Sky saying Benatia set for talks with United tommorow.(Apparently its on the SSports website, but I've not checked.)

Get him in, then move on to CM. It won't be Vidal so anybody else will do.

and if you're seriously considering using a 3-5-2/3-4-3, Vidal won't be the player who will make it all suddenly tick/clank, you NEED tireless wingbacks like Licht and Asamoah. Or really just fucking decent fullbacks

It was LVG. He used two players out of position (yes, they're out of position in this formation).

LVG's Bayern all over again.

He switched after half time and we used 1 striker up top with two wingers. Januzaj was only wingback for like 30 minutes.

noal

Banned
It's probably not going to be "ok" until the Glazer's sell the club. We're the self professed biggest club in the world and boast about all revenue we can generate. But we're constantly outspent by our rivals. We may panic buy a few players before the close of the window. We'll finish 6th or summat.

That's because the Glazers are the worst kind of cunts. I can't convey in words how much I hate them. True, they leave team matters to the manager and fair play to them for that but on the money side it is a joke. If it wasn't for them we would be swimming in money and maybe try to finish OT off.

Walshy

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow, Liverpool always start shit.

Fully expecting a missed Lambert penalty and a Lovren own goal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Vice captain doesn't mean much imo. Who even was our previous VC?

Sky saying Benatia set for talks with United tommorow.(Apparently its on the SSports website, but I've not checked.)

Get him in, then move on to CM. It won't be Vidal so anybody else will do.

The Sky Italia rumours were debunked, they never mentioned the story apparently. We are, at least as far as the media are concerned, no further forward than we were 24 hours ago, everything is he said she said with no backup. People are now saying Balaque thinks we are in a "chess game" over Di Maria, but I cant find any quotes or links.

Slizz

All these 'links' to players..... We seem about primed to announce a new sponsor.

Welcome Adam&Eve, official anal bead sponsor of Manchester United.

K1LLER7

Not wingbacks, they were wingers, you can't expect them to turn in a shift defensively

It's hard to blame your two mids considering they were covering the whole pitch with no support from the wide men. And one of them has a human immunodeficiency virus infection ffs
:lol

I want us to move away from the 3-5-2/3-4-1-2. We looked better in a 433 and more attacking, when we passed to Januzaj. The other wing was useless.

Salvadora

Cazorla was shockingly bad today.

At least Wilshere has an excuse, what with him being sick over the last couple of days according to Wenger.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All these 'links' to players..... We seem about primed to announce a new sponsor.

Welcome Adam&Eve, official anal bead sponsor of Manchester United.

Have you seen the advert on MUTV for our Wine sponsor? They even managed to fuck up the lip synching.

"They say the wine is protected by the devil"
"Ah yes the wine legend"

/life

K1LLER7

The Sky Italia rumours were debunked, they never mentioned the story apparently. We are, at least as far as the media are concerned, no further forward than we were 24 hours ago, everything is he said she said with no backup. People are now saying Balaque thinks we are in a "chess game" over Di Maria, but I cant find any quotes or links.
The latest is from Sky Sports UK. They are saying talks are set for tommorow whilst Sky Italia are less certain.

Either way, pay up the 30m+ before somebody else (Chelsea) come in for him.

:lol

I want us to move away from the 3-5-2/3-4-1-2. We looked better in a 433 and more attacking, when we passed to Januzaj. The other wing was useless.

Yurt has a point

If we had good Wingbacks it might have looked different. Young was utter shit. Januzaj looked decent going forward in the 30 minutes but he can't play as a WB.

Labadal

I want it to be tomorrow already. I think we'll smash Southampton. Bet £50 on it. Gotta stay positive. I remember the save Mignolet did last year. Although that was against Stoke.

L1NETT

Cazorla was shockingly bad today.

At least Wilshere has an excuse, what with him being sick over the last couple of days according to Wenger.

Useless on the left. Without the pace he's utterly predictable and the right back can just mark him tightly and mute him

Either play him through the middle where he drifts anyway or you just have to put the Ox where he started

You still need that enforcer though. Not seen today much but Arteta hasn't got the engine.

K1LLER7

Yurt has a point

If we had good Wingbacks it might have looked different. Young was utter shit. Januzaj looked decent going forward in the 30 minutes but he can't play as a WB.
But we don't at the moment and we looked better in a 433.

Either way, we need new players in before the next game.

Mr Cola

And we have Shaw to come back who cant play as a wing back either.

Which is rather hilarious, hes young so he could learn but he wasnt lined up for this at all.

What were the possession %?

Did you boss the ball us much as we did under Poch?

I missed most of the first half so it's hard to say. Tbh I wasn't very impressed from what I just saw on Football First, but it's early days obviously.

As Usho said, we had 65% possession so I guess we were bossing it at 11 vs 11, but it didn't really feel that way.

you were one goal down by that point, he's fucking mad by going in with that lineup to begin with

Well the injuries kind of forced it apart from Lingard playing over James. RVP and Welbeck are injured so Chicha played up top. I assume he played Chicha up top instead of Januzaj due to fitness. Shaw, Rafael (not entirely fit yet), and Valencia are injured so the wingbacks have to be two of Young, Reece James, and Lingard.

There's not much to work with given the injuries. That is why we needed to buy more players to not only make up numbers, but to add quality.

And we have Shaw to come back who cant play as a wing back either.

Which is rather hilarious, hes young so he could learn but he wasnt lined up for this at all.

Yep. I think Rafael can be a decent wingback, but not Shaw.

We should just buy Awesome-oah.

Why doesn't Gaal just play 4-3-3 like he's done at other teams?

Doesn't think we have two good wingers to play that way. We have two strikers in RVP and Rooney so it makes sense to play both of them. Have Mata and Kagawa so it makes sense to play a #10. I don't think RVP and Rooney will work either as the side is missing pace, but it will certainly work better than having Chicha up top.

Tc91

Moyes interview: ‘We tried to bring players in during the summer transfer window but they didn’t materialise. It certainly wasn’t for the lack of trying. It wasn’t indecision. The complete opposite.

‘It’s been well documented that we wanted Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo. There was talk of Ronaldo when I first arrived. We were close to getting a couple of major names. I’m not getting in a blame game here but things just didn’t materialise. I had taken over from the most successful manager in history. The chief executive had taken over from one of the most renowned administrators in the game [David Gill]. So it was a new job for two people.’

Really long interview on the Fail website, gonna have a read now.

Barzul

Well we dont have the players to make that work either really

Number 10s.

Not wanting to play Rooney wide.

Unbalanced Team.

We should just buy Awesome-oah.

Doesn't think we have two good wingers to play that way. We have two strikers in RVP and Rooney so it makes sense to play both of them. Have Mata and Kagawa so it makes sense to play a #10. I don't think RVP and Rooney will work either as the side is missing pace, but it will certainly work better than having Chicha up top.

The perils of being a football genius. The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity, innit

Man United's squad just seems so unbalanced in general. I thought Gaal was here to restructure it. He really hasn't done that....yet.

Think part of the problem with Rooney and Mata is their style of play. Rooney loves to boot it out wide and that minimizes Mata's influence. Welbeck was great for Mata as he likes to play a short passing game and makes runs.

Think part of the problem with Rooney and Mata is their style of play. Rooney loves to boot it out wide and that minimizes Mata's influence. Welbeck was great for Mata as he likes to play a short passing game and makes runs.

I feel like it's the OT curse. We play at home and always end up with wide passing play.

Also, Swansea forwards were creating more space for their midfield than we were. Incredible.

"Bale and Ronaldo"

lol_george_takei.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom