• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Listening to Steve Parish talk about the Pulis situation is very strange. He says they have a size-able transfer budget, players recruited so far would seem that isn't the case, and says that it was the lack of back up option and communication that was the issue.

Guy does seem to have the clubs best interests at heart so hopefully they can appoint a top manager, Appointing Mackay may be a mistake though, he will probably get them relegated, Crystal Palace played pretty well against us but their time wasting and so forth will not win them matches. So don't see many goal scorers in this team which may become a serious problem for them,

DominoKid

There's still two weeks left so that gives us time yet. LvG has made it clear that he needs and wants new players. We know exactly who is responsible for bringing players. Woodward isn't a fool even if he sounds like one. He knows he needs to do something quickly.

we're not going to get anybody who'll make a real difference though.

Showaddy

Mega late but I love Eric Dier. 20 year old centre-back who's better than our actual fucking strikers.
PinkKaleidoscopicAmericanlobster.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Dont think ive ever looked forward to a game more than fifa 15 :3

Only in the last few months have i appreciated all the things fifa has other than clubs, FUT and Career mode are awesome.

Dier could be the bargain of the season. Can cover two positions, young, English and his name leads to a lot of jokes.

Oh and is a better finisher than Torres and Soldado combined.

I hope we can shift a few this week. I reckon we need 1 or 2 more for me to have a good chance on FM15.

GorillaJu

Anybody answering a question that hasn't been asked is a weird thing to say.

Without context it's absolutely fucking crackers.

With context it makes perfect sense and I concur.

Southampton chose to sell and if I'm honest haven't really chosen to do much with the funds raised. With the amount of funds at their disposal they had a real chance to make a mark this window. Don't believe they've done what's required.

How patronizing would it be for Rodgers to say he pities Southampton after we just picked them dry? They're professionals, they're big boys and they can take care of themselves—for Rodgers to have sympathy it'd be implying they have no agency in their fortune and that's much more insulting than what he said.

Fans can do the sympathizing but be careful with that. They made almost 100 mil for Christ's sake.

Edit: It's interesting to note that all the teams who won yesterday have a positive goal differential.

:>

No but really, every team only won by 1 goal. Shame about that Arsenal result, eh...

Nice job Fiorentina, even though it was just a friendly beating Madrid is a nice achievement.

Man, Serie A is going to be so tough this year. We are already dead. I wonder if another finish outside the European places is enough to get Berlu to sell the club.

GorillaJu

Every time Wilbur is brought back to life he loses... Something.

Look at what has become of our man.

"Four a shirt dream of lingard I

Err see one findings ddcdntth
Staryu"

Footy GAF, I was out all day with parents visiting in town for my son's birthday. I came home to lots of shocking news.

Does Crystal Palace really not have a manager?

Did Swansea really beat Man U? I'll go on a limb and predict that United fans will turn on Louis van Gaal by week six.

Is Ross Barkley really out for months? Sad to see the most exciting player in the entire league injured.

Pretty exciting day of football lined up for tomorrow. I'm sure all of you will be tuning in to watch your River Plate boys take Rosario Central out back for a class A ass kicking.

GorillaJu

Footy GAF, I was out all day with parents visiting in town for my son's birthday. I came home to lots of shocking news.

Does Crystal Palace really not have a manager?

Did Swansea really beat Man U? I'll go on a limb and predict that United fans will turn on Louis van Gaal by week six.

Is Ross Barkley really out for months? Sad to see the most exciting player in the entire league injured.

Pretty exciting day of football lined up for tomorrow. I'm sure all of you will be tuning in to watch your River Plate boys take Rosario Central out back for a class A ass kicking.

Last year Arsenal got spanked like a tender anime butt cheek on the opening fixture and then went on an incredible run to finish 4th. United can do the same—opening fixtures always have a bit of crazy about them.

Does Crystal Palace really not have a manager

Yes.
"The stories about me wanting certain players and Tony not wanting certain players are just not the case," Parish said.

"My job is to try to get the deals done for Tony or any other manager.

"There was a good transfer budget agreed. There was a lack of targets the manager felt were good enough in the window and it came to a point where he felt he could not carry on.
Play media
Jump media player
Media player help
Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.

Tony Pulis wants Crystal Palace to have 'a plan'

"I can't have people at the football club who are not 100% committed to what we are trying to do, so reluctantly I agreed to let him go and let him out of his contract.

Palace were unlucky to lose to Arsenal.

Yes. United were poor but a lot of that could be put down to using an unfamiliar formation. Swansea were not much better but were able to counter better.

Maybe. Hopefully he doesn't become a player who gets constantly injured.

Last year Arsenal got spanked like a tender anime butt cheek on the opening fixture and then went on an incredible run to finish 4th. United can do the same—opening fixtures always have a bit of crazy about them.

True, a fairly weak troll attempt on my part. But Swansea? Didn't they sell their best player this summer?

Also, I'm guessing this has been posted?
Something Disgusting Happened in Ashley Young's Mouth. WTF.

Maybe. Hopefully he doesn't become a player who gets constantly injured.

I would be saddened if it did, but that happens a lot to guys who play all out attacking football. One admittedly crappy American football journalist called him "cocaine in white boy form." Sounds about right.

GorillaJu

True, a fairly weak troll attempt on my part. But Swansea? Didn't they sell their best player this summer?

Also, I'm guessing this has been posted?
Something Disgusting Happened in Ashley Young's Mouth. WTF.

I would be saddened if it did, but that happens a lot to guys who play all out attacking football. One admittedly crappy American football journalist called him "cocaine in white boy form." Sounds about right.

Yeah Swansea is not by any means a team that should be winning at Old Trafford. There is no question about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom