• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Gentlemen, the new "Messi - Juve, sogno possibile".

prima_pagina_grande.png

Holy shit, loooool.

FootballFan

I like how you skip my post completely.

I'm not ridiculous like some other RM posters. I like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to assessing how good or bad my team is.

You say Mou had 600m to buy players, I asked who was better than the Barcelona midfield at the time. I would really like to know who we could've bought to stop Pep. I've come to the conclusion that it was not possible under the circumstances, BUT Mou was terrible and could've done better.

I didn't ignore it, I am trying to be nice to my fellow football-gaffers because I know how much they all hate this Mou vs Pep, Messi vs Ronaldo shit.

They are both brilliant coaches. Pep is just better in my opinion, on and off the field.

Calling them lucky is lol-worthy. You make your own luck.

Arnie

I like how you skip my post completely.

I'm not ridiculous like some other RM posters. I like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to assessing how good or bad my team is.

You say Mou had 600m to buy players, I asked who was better than the Barcelona midfield at the time. I would really like to know who we could've bought to stop Pep. I've come to the conclusion that it was not possible under the circumstances, BUT Mou was terrible and could've done better.
Tubie are you Spanish?

This isn't related to the above discussion. I need your help.

FootballFan

Anyone else's Share feature on PS4 completely broken?

Mine hasn't worked properly since like..February.

Didn't realise it was a common fault though.

Good job Sony. Smh Pekka.

FootballFan

FF is Spanish.

I buy their ps eye. I buy their Sony charging dock. I buy their official stand even though 3rd party ones are the same. I buy their exclusives(even Knack).

and they thank me by leaving the share feature(one of their main new features) broken for 6 months now.

Back to Mario Kart 8 and Pokemon X.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You think? :p

Anyway, the story is Valencia are asking for Llorente and so we're looking into Falcao.

3636742-627.gif

Wait the Llion stories are still alive? You'd think they would drop them after his clutch goals last season :lol

Dude scored winners, equalisers and broke deadlocks left and right

Zabojnik

Wait the Llion stories are still alive? You'd think they would drop them after his clutch goals last season :lol

Dude scored winners, equalisers and broke deadlocks left and right

Muppets gonna muppet.

It would be nice if Marry signed that CB and CF he promised. Like, now.

DBT85

Picking Koscielny helped me out in the FF, but I still need Yaya, Fabregas and Sterling to do well. I've only got 25 points thus far.

The dreamteam right now has 125 points lol

ffs I had wood on the bench who scored yesterday :(

24 points tho with Fabregas, Silva and Costa still to play.

Ramsey saved me <3

Btw, who is Emily Walker?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Muppets gonna muppet.

It would be nice if Marry signed that CB and CF he promised. Like, now.
Marry's promises :lol let me tell you something about Marry's promises

/!$×%@$×/×%=@=+:-;"£=76×,
Juve got him for free(I think)?. Turned out a fairly good deal.
It's kinda funny (with sad sprinkled on top) that our only good signings with Marotta were all free agents or players on the last year of their contract, with the exception of the Usurper and the Lich King.

So whenever we spend money on someone, I just know he's utter shit/waste

Sterling is better than Barkley, no doubt.

I said most exciting player. Barkley plays like a rabid dog that only knows how to play in full attack mode. He does some rather wild, unpredictable stuff out there. Not all good, mind you.

I know, I try not to pass up oppurtunities to flaunt Raheezus though :p

ffs I had wood on the bench

Eww

Anyone else's Share feature on PS4 completely broken?

Mine hasn't worked properly since like..February.

Didn't realise it was a common fault though.

Good job Sony. Smh Pekka.

I don't use it at all anymore since I can't trust it to do what I want it to do at any given moment. Would rather it just entered a pause menu and asked what you want to do, take a screenshot, start recording, or save the last 15 minutes. The different button presses for different functions just doesn't work.

Zabojnik

It's amazing how Woodz has managed to back himself into a corner for the second year in a row. Surely this is his last season at United if he fucks up again?

Wes

venison crêpe
It's amazing how Woodz has managed to back himself into a corner for the second year in a row. Surely this is his last season at United if he fucks up again?

But those sponsorship deals and high res advertising hoardings are delicious.

I really hope Arsenal address their problems with the squad during this window. It's not a good sign when every man and his dog knows what positions a team needs to improve on before they can reach the next level.

I don't want to compete for 4th again

Salazar

I'd like to think he is currently throwing unspeakable money at Di Maria, Cuadrado, Benatia, Vidal, Blind.

I'd like to think we don't need to throw unspeakable money at Blind. He's embarrassingly keen. I dunno if there's a bullying issue at Ajax.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Nobles' penalty was one of the worst things I have ever seen in football. Jesus Christ mate.

Arnie

Xavi was on his way to machester until pep became coach and told him to stay.
Hahahaha no he wasn't.

He was considering his options. One of which could've been United. But all Pep had to do was tell him he was valued and he committed himself to Barca.

Come on Bla. Read. Stop just ploughing through the audiobook and getting things wrong.

Blablurn

Watch out sal. Some people are allergic to kpop gifs here.

Which makes his mercato stuttering all the more bizarre. United are clearly fucking loaded, debt or no debt.
Maybe not being in the CL is a bigger deal breaker than many think.

Remember how they were sooo close signing kroos? lol

I can also see how many players dont want to be coached by gaal.

El Topo

Maybe not being in the CL is a bigger deal breaker than many think.

Remember how they were sooo close signing kroos? lol

I can also see how many players dont want to be coached by gaal.

I'm honestly not sure it's that much of a deal. Maybe for the absolute top of the world, but most can probably be persuaded by a pay bonus.
If there's really a problem, it's probably the impression United as a whole makes. They seem a bit chaotic, without a plan and in a tight spot.

DBT85

I doubt it, but he needs to keep his stupid mouth shut in future. Don't sit there claiming we can compete and that we can spent da millyuns if you don't then go and fucking do it.

Madrid and Barca don't talk about being able to spend money, they just do it. They find the player they want and they make it happen. Chelsea have spent £80m and they came bloody second, Liverpool have spent £59m albeit at the cost of losing Jaws, Arsenal have spent £47m to come 4th again.

The idea that anyone at the club could think that a paltry £56m total summer spend could fix the problems that Fergie conveniently left before fixing, and Moyes fucked over even more, is laughable.

There is still time in the window but Woodward needs to get it done and stop talking about it. I don't know who, all the stuff in the press is cobblers and whispers and tales to sell copies, but something needs to happen.

I don't buy some of the rhetoric stating that United won't be in the CL again for years.

And get rid of Fellaini ffs.

Tc91

My muppeting days are over. No way we sign high quality players we need in 2 weeks when Woodward or whoever has failed to do exactly that in 2 months. Good luck muppets, this summer is as bad as the last one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we have so many black players now, so we're automatically 300% more cooler

tumblr_nacqk2oXdP1s8z5rho5_250.gif

tumblr_nacqk2oXdP1s8z5rho4_250.gif

tumblr_nacqk2oXdP1s8z5rho3_250.gif

tumblr_nacqk2oXdP1s8z5rho7_250.gif

tumblr_nacqk2oXdP1s8z5rho6_250.gif

tumblr_nacqk2oXdP1s8z5rho8_250.gif

and one for Bla

tumblr_nacx9vHHWm1s8z5rho4_250.png

we're not a local thing after all eh!