• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Rome wasnt built in one day. Gaal will bring you to the Promised land.

It's amazing that Man U could've bought Di Maria.

I doubt Madrid will sell him after yesterday. Spanish media giving him huge praises and Ancelotti said Madrid was done with transfers, in or out.

Blablurn

It's amazing that Man U could've bought Di Maria.

I doubt Madrid will sell him after yesterday. Spanish media giving him huge praises and Ancelotti said Madrid was done with transfers, in or out.

In that case I expect a random Eredivisie transfer...

:(

Tubie

I think their idea of football is so deeply rooted they can't conceive playing defensive or counter-attacking football, even tho you can dominate a game with a 4-2-3-1. Just look at how Jupp's Bayern dealt with Barca's Tiki Taka.

Blablurn

I think their idea of football is so deeply rooted they can't conceive playing defensive or counter-attacking football, even tho you can dominate a game with a 4-2-3-1. Just look at how Jupp's Bayern dealt with Barca's Tiki Taka.

THOSE were two crazy games. Goddamit. I felt alive in this week.

Tubie

THOSE were two crazy games. Goddamit. I felt alive in this week.

I found myself in awe at Bayern that season, like I actually was afraid for Madrid's CL record. At the time it felt like nobody could beat Bayern and they would win it 2-3 times in a row since none of the players were old at the time.

He wants Rooney and RVP to play upfront in their best positions.
Mata to play as a no. 10

He's going to have to pick one, you don't have good enough CBs to play a 3 defensive line. Herrera is fucked if LVG keeps this system up, he's not a DM and will probably be required to fall deeper than he's used to.

He's going to have to pick one, you don't have good enough CBs to play a 3 defensive line. Herrera is fucked if LVG keeps this system up, he's not a DM and will probably be required to fall deeper than he's used to.

Hence we have asked for new players for a month at least.

But I do agree for the most part, the back 3 is just not going to work in EPL.

Esch

Banned
I thought it was weird RM were trying to sell Di Maria in the first place. Great player for the team. Probably doesn't sell enough shirts. Or maybe he was just another shiny toy that temporarily lost his luster.

Tubie

I thought it was weird RM were trying to sell Di Maria in the first place. Great player for the team. Probably doesn't sell enough shirts. Or maybe he was just another shiny toy that temporarily lost his luster.

He's been a proper cunt at times.

First 2-3 years he was very very injury prone so he never established himself, then Ancelotti had the amazing luck of catching a physically fit Di Maria and you know the results.

He was asking for 10m+ a season last season when Madrid was trying to extend him, then it fell through and he did the whole crotch thing to try and force his move in December. Carlo didn't care and kept playing him. This is why I think the key to the Di Maria problem is Ancelotti, he might be the only human on earth to make Di Maria and Florentino come to terms after all the bullshit.

Esch

Banned
He's been a proper cunt at times.

First 2-3 years he was very very injury prone so he never established himself, then Ancelotti had the amazing luck of catching a physically fit Di Maria and you know the results.

He was asking for 10m+ a season last season when Madrid was trying to extend him, then it fell through and he did the whole crotch thing to try and force his move in December. Carlo didn't care and kept playing him. This is why I think the key to the Di Maria problem is Ancelotti, he might be the only human on earth to make Di Maria and Florentino come to terms after all the bullshit.
That's pretty fair actually. You really are right about the injuries thing especially.

Visiting Telluride, CO this weekend where they are having their annual Mushroom Festival. No joke. Bunch a folks walking round town buying and selling shrooms, high as fuck. Sure there are the kind you put in pie and the kind that will kill you, those tents you get get right in. But the shit dat git u high, the lines long, and smelly, and dirty, and hippy,

Next weekend is the Do Nothing Festival I think. Gotta love those small American Mountain towns.

Arsenal looked like a different team with Giroud in the lineup. Is he not fit enough to start?

Bold One

Hence we have asked for new players for a month at least.

But I do agree for the most part, the back 3 is just not going to work in EPL.
No European football might actually do us some good, means more time on the training ground. What we need is the right personnel that can change formation on the fly to cancel out quick counters. Easier said than done with 2 weeks left on the transfer market

Tubie

:'( all he had was 600m euro squad and crappy Ronaldo, Ozil and Di Maria

Poor Mou. :(

We should start a kickstarter to help him out.

Bla, you want to start it?

So you think players like Xavi-Iniesta-Messi are run-of-the-mill and can be bought with cash at any given time?

Really?

Am I the La Masia advocate here? wow, incredible how little you value your talent just to defend a mediocre manager.

Who currently or when Mou was at Madrid was as good as Xavi, Iniesta or Messi (in their best years)?

Not trying to defend Mou either, he's shit too. Lucky as fuck to manage the teams he has, but the whole Pep idolizing has become ridiculous, he's another mediocre manager with some good luck.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1700* GBP for car maintenance

Really?

Really?

*it was gonna be significantly more too but I told them to just do the necessary stuff now, I'll deal with the rest when they come up :lol

Is Ross Barkley really out for months? Sad to see the most exciting player in the entire league injured.

Raheem-Sterling_AI_2945738b.jpg

bitch pls

Anyone else's main worry today motivation and intensity? I feel like we can beat anyone when we turn it on. Not sure we'll manage to sustain sufficient intensity for the entire game this early in the season. Hopefully Dortmund was something more akin to the norm of our fitness than an outlier

Lightning

Banned
I really hope the FA clamp down on loser teams travelling and time wasting hoping for goalless draws. Crystal Palace were fucking annoying with that shit and looking at the highlights other teams are trying it too.

Should card the crap out of those players early in the game.

Mastadon

Banned
Raheem-Sterling_AI_2945738b.jpg

bitch pls

Anyone else's main worry today motivation and intensity? I feel like we can beat anyone when we turn it on. Not sure we'll manage to sustain sufficient intensity for the entire game this early in the season. Hopefully Dortmund was something more akin to the norm of our fitness than an outlier

I really hope not. Motivation shouldn't be an issue in the first game of the season. I worry that we'll be too pumped up and lose discipline.

I really hope not. Motivation shouldn't be an issue in the first game of the season. I worry that we'll be too pumped up and lose discipline.

Sometimes the team just doesn't turn up, that goes for every team in the history of the sport. Motivation perhaps isn't the right word for it since I'm sure everyone at the club is desperate to win, but there's a chance it won't translate to the necessary intensity and effort.

I'm kinda glad Lallana's not playing tbh, from what I know of him he's the type who'd play like shit after being booed by the ungrateful Southampton fans

@FF, are you watching the Southampton game l8r m8?

Can't be said enough, Suarez's Barca debut is gonna be spectacular, especially if you're both in the title race still.

Tubie

Sterling is the real deal.

He will be brilliant in 5 years time.

Barkley will be David Bentley in 5 years time.

#FF Predictions

I like how you skip my post completely.

I'm not ridiculous like some other RM posters. I like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to assessing how good or bad my team is.

You say Mou had 600m to buy players, I asked who was better than the Barcelona midfield at the time. I would really like to know who we could've bought to stop Pep. I've come to the conclusion that it was not possible under the circumstances, BUT Mou was terrible and could've done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom